It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Crypto Coin and why

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
An aside: I joined coinbase/bittrex about 90 days ago, and I don't really know what I am doing in the crypto-sphere. (And judging from the videos about future crypto prices no one else does either.)

Upon learning that coinbase wants my money (not free) to buy bitcoin eth, litecoin, bitcoin cash to transfer to brittex to buy Ripple I had a couple of choices, and they are not cheap.

So the options to get funds to coinbase is credit card or money sent from a bank. I checked how hard it was to send money from a bank, and it costs $25 and will get there in 3 business days...maybe. This expensive and slow moving money though banks is the problem Ripple is looking to solve and that is a real world problem. This was main reason I am sold on this altcoin.

How are they going to solve this?
Ripple's software and coin (XRP) is looking to improve the money transfer (cross boarders). There product makes sending money anywhere in the world cheap (.0004 cents) fast (4 seconds), scalability (1400 actions per second) and safe using block chain.
Other things things that drew me to Ripple:
1. In use coin-with partners in the industry they are planning on changing
2. Dynamite leadership
3. Very active social media
4. Seems better/ahead of the competition
5. Cost-at the time it was .21 cents per XRP

Now I know some think that this crypto is not decentralized enough. But it is in fact decentralized and will be more so as it is used more as the block chain grows.

I really think Ripple maybe the next swift that was founded in 1974 (legacy money transfer system). Swift moves trillions and trillions of $$$$ annually and is absolutely huge. We will see.

Now what is your favorite crypto and why?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Cardano (Ada).

I look at it this way. I were to hire someone what would I look for?

Experience in the field? Check
Education? Check
Proof of both? Check

Moreover, if you hope to stand a chance outside your own bubble, how would you do that? Well, with peer review and 3rd party opinion. Cardano is doing all this and that's not even covering the tech side it's rolling out. Just the process.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Did Bitcoin take a hit or something? I've been seeing rumblings of panic amongst crypto users.
edit on 16-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Your Favorite Crypto Coin and why

Anyone that makes me a snip load of cash and I can buy cheap.

Why ?

Self evident.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Cardano (Ada).

I look at it this way. I were to hire someone what would I look for?

Experience in the field? Check
Education? Check
Proof of both? Check

Moreover, if you hope to stand a chance outside your own bubble, how would you do that? Well, with peer review and 3rd party opinion. Cardano is doing all this and that's not even covering the tech side it's rolling out. Just the process.

I have cardano and you are correct, it is a great idea. I hope they can get this coin/idea in use it could be a real challenge to ETH. I also like that there are no patients and it is completely open source.
With it approaching $1 up till the January blood bath, we are not alone with our respect for Cardana ADA.

edit on 16-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think if you register your debit or credit card on CoinBase, they will make things a lot cheaper and faster for you, even if that debit card is attached to a bank account. I bought Ethereum, and then transferred that to Binance, where there are a lot more coins to choose from.

I think my favorite coin is Ethereum, although Neo (which is like the Chinese Ethereum) looks even better, as it has a much larger transaction rate, is more environmentally friendly, and at least they say that they are going to be working with the Chinese government. Both of these coins offer a platform for Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), which I find to be an interesting idea.

I also like Litecoin, correct me if I'm wrong, but it also has a high transaction rate and low fees compared to other coins. I like how Ripple (XRP) is working with banks, although that is weird because it goes against the crypto philosophy. I also like Tron (TRX) because they are planning on becoming a media platform in China for people to distribute their own videos and the like. But Tron had some trouble a month or so ago, I don't remember what, and its price plummeted.

I like how Iota (IOT) is planning on working with the internet of things, which is something that will explode in value once everyone starts getting smart homes and connecting everything from their fridges to their toasters to the internet.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Did Bitcoin take a hit or something? I've been seeing rumblings of panic amongst crypto users.

I did a thread on this and included screenshots of the falling prices all over the market.

ATS: Almost all cryptocurrencies have been seeing massive losses in the last day or two
edit on 16pmTue, 16 Jan 2018 19:45:56 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

With the news out of Korea and China there was quite a bit of fear in the crytpo-verse the 10 days or so. Things will take a while to get back on track, that could be a week in the fast-fast crypto world.
And yes Bitcoin nose dived to a low $10,000 and change...came back to $11,000 and change.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

BitConnect was wiped out, they went down over 80% in the past day to $40. I heard they started closing down shop or something.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

News is coming fast but without much hype. I like it that way.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
S A L T token and Lite coin.....it's so fast and easy

salt is a lending...or renting loans out token.........and they're already loaning, and the holder gets the fees forever and return is contracted in as far as collateral

but number one is the fabulous already accepted by the big boys.......drumroll please.............

ladies and gentilemen, for you're exclusive enlightenment I give you DA TA LA DAAAA

VERITASEUM ...drop the friggin mic nuff said jack.....bob's you're got tamm uncle with that token..

aah

such a trophy token.....so magnificent what would one say idk fantastic.....

[ I'm just in tears you know...it's so fabulous...I can't even speak ...] aahhh

edit on 16-1-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

True, making $$ is a what makes a good coin better.

I will not sell Ripple until it is either adopted into mainstream banks and is dominating-or sucks buttermilk and fails.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Eureka!

I'll just use SALT to get a loan to buy a price gouged video card to mine and use the proceeds to pay back the loan!

Simply BRILLANT!

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Another great point, Cardano (and Ripple) try to not hype. I watched a video of Charles Hoskinson from cardano and a white board, He went over the idea and talked about the theory behind ADA. He lost me in 10 minutes, but a very solid coin.

I know the CEO of Ripple mentioned that they are partnering with 3 house hold named companies a few months ago. He has said on many occasions he wished he had not said that. Pretty low key.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

That video is an excellent resource. I direct anyone looking at crypto to watch.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Distributed ledgers represent a paradigm shift in the storage and transfer of assets and, for the first time in history, there is a perfect form of collateral: blockchain assets. SALT is pioneering an evolutionary leap for lending in which the value of a borrower’s assets are fully recognized and credit history is made irrelevant.

If they can actually deliver this ?

Salt is going to be worth a FORTUNE.

saltlending.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Eureka!

I'll just use SALT to get a loan to buy a price gouged video card to mine and use the proceeds to pay back the loan!

Simply BRILLANT!

dude you have a fertile mind....i never thought....

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
ETH because of the absolutely massive amount of support behind it from many of the world's largest organizations and banks, like Microsoft and JP Morgan. It's not a technology that's just theoretical, it's actually being actively developed and used as we speak. The ethereum network is like the internet 2.0. Investing in ETH is kindof like having the ability to go back in time and invest in Microsoft before they even released Windows.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I often wish I could have bought some of these heavy hitters when they were .02 cents.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for my ID to be verified at Salt

15 days

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join