It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Cornell has passed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: muzzleflash
But celebrities who own the world committing suicide?
It is contemptuous.

Just because somebody can have everything they want in the world doesn't mean they're happy if they do not feel at all connected to any of it.

Maybe he was so privileged for so long that what he really needed was to have everything stripped away so he could appreciate how lucky he was?

It's a simple matter of gratitude and appreciation.

Sometimes you don't know what you've got till it's gone. I know that tragic lesson all too well.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I just listened to the whole album yesterday. Twice.

This is one f# up start to my day.

The Vulcan prayer seems apt: May you find Peace in death, that you could never find in life.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Reports on Facebook locally, Deroit area, are that it may have been auto asphyxiation. No matter, another amazing talent lost.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
WELL #!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Very sad news indeed! May he find peace and comfort in his next journey. There must be some awesome concerts up in heaven with all these talents up there.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I will take this opportunity to say Rest in peace Chris Cornell. I am more of an underground rap person but always been a fan of Cornell's cool sound.

Edited to add: Just put playing his acoustic version of Black hole sun. Feels like a super-talented man has been taken away. And so it seems it really is true. Man, this is not cool... I hope he is in a wayyyy better place now.
edit on 18-5-2017 by Finspiracy because: Paid some more respects

(post by 3sqed removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It seems to me that many of the artists who had some talent, a creative vision, and originality are passing away or are inactive, we are left with a fetid, mediocre, boring, derivative, uninspired, uninspiring, popular music, and culture.

It appears as if the culture has been co-opted by interests that don't value creativity or originality, instead they value stealing ideas from others and suppressing those who do have creative ideas so that they are never given public credit. So we are left with talentless hacks who are given credit, publicity, and are put into position far far far beyond their abilities.

If the U.S. and the world wants the economy to recover one first step to end the era of the talentless hack, stop stealing ideas from creative people around the world, and give credit to people who truly develop the ideas not to thought-bums. Otherwise why would anyone with a business idea want to create a product or start a business? If they know that the powers that be are stealing ideas and giving them to hicks and talentless bums, why would anyone want to start or grow a business??
edit on 18-5-2017 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh wait I get it.

If any normal person kills themselves they are selfish and disturbed individuals, and aren't considering how lucky they have it in life. And everyone scorns them and hides it and hopes it's forgotten, blames themselves or worse.

But if someone who has no real reason to kill themselves (as in their lives are actually easy), yet happened to make a few good songs or films or whatever, everyone is so sympathetic and considerate of the horrible realities of depression and bla bla bla.

Being an "artist" is the easiest job, you just do what you love doing. The only struggle is to afford to sit down somewhere and have nothing else better to do than be an artist.

More than half the world lives a truly hard painful life. In the West that's construction workers, ditch diggers, toilet cleaners, and all the other dirty or tough jobs. They have NO HOPE for anything better 99.99% of the time. They have a reason to be depressed. But most of them never commit suicide, though I'm sure half of them thought about it from time to time.

Yet here we have a million people crying over this guy who lived a full life and decided it was time to end it? This is pure insanity and shows just how delusional and brainwashed the population truly is. I admit it was way worse with Robin Williams but still it's pretty bad here.

That guy made a new account to post just 1 thing - how much he hated me for not sympathizing with HIS feelings of loss because some guy that cut a few dozen albums killed himself. His outburst is far more immature and violent than even most of the worst political debates around here. I'm surprised by the childishness of it, especially since I know it was an adult.

He's so enslaved to the cult of personality he doesn't even deserve to be called an Audioslave....
edit on 5/18/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sqed

Very rarely do we have access to what truly goes on behind the scenes in the entertainment industry. I do agree that Chris Cornell had some talent but so did many others, so why was his band given so much significant exposure in the mainstream media?

Many of those that are given significant mainstream media exposure are guided, influenced, and sometimes sponsored by the power elite, they often have to partake in rituals, and other odd things to ensure that they are under the control of a higher power, this was true in the 50s with the birth of rock and roll and the plane crash involving Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper. The CIA and other intelligence agencies literally controlled much of the culture of the 50s:

youtu.be...

Even the Hippie movement was co-opted:

youtu.be...

Also consider this, we are aware that the mainstream media is owned by few large corporations, we are also aware that it is manipulated by financial and corporate interests. If this is so, then how are we to view any person or any musical group that gets significant exposure in a corporate controlled media? Do you really believe that corporations that manipulate, guide, corrupt our government, our society, whose main interest is control, will let just anyone get significant amounts of exposure on their media?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
a reply to: 3sqed
Do you really believe that corporations that manipulate, guide, corrupt our government, our society, whose main interest is control, will let just anyone get significant amounts of exposure on their media?

Of course not.

They "make you" and can "break you" any time they want.

And interestingly almost no one notices who the producers are...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It could be mass consciousness, though it could also be very advanced technology like remote neural monitoring:

www.learning-mind.com...

This is used extensively in the sciences, you wouldn't believe the number of papers published in supposed peer reviewed journals that make use of this.

It is also used extensively in entertainment, writers and actors for TV shows, movies, radio and musicians (at a certain level) are given access to the vast network of ideas, thoughts, life experiences of nearly everyone who owns a TV set, a refrigerator (most refrigerators have devices built into them), water heater, etc. They usually take all the creative ideas and unique life experiences from a person and use them in their TV shows, movies, radio, and even music.

People, who are not in their little secret societies, are like low hanging fruit, they pick them off the surveillance tree, and then squeeze and wring all the ideas and unique life experiences from them and when people dry and used up like an orange rind they throw people away.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree, this has probably been so since the beginning of major media, in fact it even spills over into books, and film, this is a rabbit hole that goes very deep.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

That was my stance on Kurt Cobain for a very long time. Couldn't wrap my head around it. Realizing how your highs and lows go in your (supposed) mediocre life (mine), you can see how they are almost symmetric. Rise and fall of the tide if you will. Now consider fortune and fame, couple that with depression and drug abuse as well as the ability to fully finance it and anyone elses. Hit rock bottom, much lower than anything I can say I've experienced. Then the high again, rehab, relapse, more money, more fame. Keep doing it for 30 some years, rising and falling. Yea....I can see how the lows counter the highs and it is possible.

It's kind of silly to say someone who commits suicide is selfish. They are dead. What is selfish is seeing as they took themselves away from you. Just my 2cp.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Dude, do you even know what Depression even is? It's thought to most likely be a chemical imbalance, and chemicals don't give a sh#t if you're rich and living a privileged life.
I thought like you once, until depression got my ass. Now I understand. You and your opinion sound cold as hell.
edit on 18-5-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Don't know where I'm going I just keep on rowing
I just keep on polling, gotta row

-Rowing

A fitting end to King Animal.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Depression in the music industry is common, it comes with the territory of the tormented artist. Add to that the enormous pressures the recording industry puts on the artists to PRODUCE HITS 100% of the time. In addition, the artists need to pay the recording companies for the costs of all the stuff involved in making music. How many here have been under that pressure of owing hundreds of thousands of dollars to someone totally in control of your life. And that, with a few phone calls or text-messages, can render you homeless on the street in minutes..still owing them that bag of cash.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That blowssssss.

Cornell rocked.

The rock stations been playing cornell music all day on the radio.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Depression can be an unseen battle that knows no positive of wealth, popularity or love. You can be in the happiest time of your life and with the most loving people but still feel sad, that itself makes you want to not go on. For each has their own battle(sadly sometimes unseen and unheard), until you're in their shoes you don't really know.

Seattle’s Sound Garden becomes memorial for Chris Cornell In the hours since the singer's passing, dozens from fans have descended on the Seattle arts sculpture of which the band takes its name

Seattle’s Sound Garden is an outdoor arts sculpture from which Soundgarden takes its name. On a typical day, the park’s 12 21-foot high organ-like pipes produce soft-toned sounds when rotated or passed through by the wind, making for a popular tourist attraction. However, as word spread of Chris Cornell’s tragic passing, the pipes fell silent and dozens of fans turned the park into a makeshift memorial, leaving behind flowers and vinyl albums in tribute to the late singer. See video and photos below.

Source

Also, checking for memorials:
KEXP Radio Station, Seattle will have one at 5pm today
edit on 18-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: added more

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So sad, he was incredibly talented. Crappy news to wake up to this morning. Godspeed Chris.

edit on 18-5-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join