It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no forests on earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace
If that´s true, change it as fast as you can, for your own benefit.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

My first response is to state that trees are the leading cause of forest fires.
So get rid of them!

But to identify your thread message about forests.
True, we have no more giant "old growth" forests.
But even "old growth" giant-tree forests replaced something else.

The earth is an ever-changing landscape. Nothing is static.

Deserts become lush swamps become arid tundras become rain forests. (Simplistic, granted)

But everything cycles.

The earth will be here and be viable long after we're gone.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: verschickter

...it also talks about past mining on earth...

I thought some aerial pictures of "mined mountains", as he says, had similar patterns of erosions. Seeing it made me wonder what natural process would give a few mountains the same erosion pattern, if that is what it is.

Also, and some will hate it, but I couldn't help thinking of Sitchin and the miners of old time... the Annunaki.

Back to the trees, there is an aerial shot of the devil's tower that not only looks like a chopped trunk, but you can see that the debris on the ground, mainly on the same side, is like sawdust that will accumulate in a spot when you cut wood.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

There is mention of giant trees and mining in the bible also,gold was apparently the mineral they were after,the Sumerians suggest than man was created to do this mining.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually the earth might take quite a while to recover from our species;over the billions of years of the earth, the earth at various times, has been all manner of things from tropical to frozen -but evolution takes time and other than insects I am not really aware of much thats learnt to deal with us.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

youtu.be...

English

Although I thought he accent was adorable

Do it just for fun

edit on 8-8-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

The fact that the trees today aren't as old as some of ancient forests is actually a healthy thing for the trees. Tree growth slows as they get older, and it becomes easier for disease to infect them. The best thing for the forest overall is to cut them before they fall, so you can minimize damage to the trees around them.

I probably have at least 200 mature hardwoods that it would be better to cut and let the surrounding trees take their place, but the last time I checked, everyone around here seems to think "Log the mature trees" is code for "clear-cut the whole place." So mine still stand, except for the one that fell in our yard last December.

As long as I breathe, this place will never be clear-cut. But if I can, I will spot-cut the mature trees, so more can grow.

TheRedneck

edit on 8/8/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Funny to me that i just happened across this video including three other videos talking about this guy's video 2 days ago. I was about to search here for a possible thread about it and it just came up on the recent posts stream lol..

Although, after reading now, most of the posts are quite disappointing..
edit on 8-8-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2016 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

It's not as easy a life as you have, but it's much more peaceful. We planted nut and fruit trees along the edge (apple, pear, plum, water chestnut, pecan, and black walnut) to go with the indigenous trees and bushes (persimmon, mulberry, blackberry, muscadine) so there's usually food wherever we look a good part of the year. The air is clean, and instead of sirens, horns, and neighbors, we hear crickets, tree frogs, songbirds, ducks, chickens, and the dog occasionally chasing off a possum or coon. Our water is from a well, cool and pure. If I ever get time to grow a garden again, we have an acre of garden plot - enough to feed 20 families. And no one bothers caring what we do.

Of course, the nearest store is a mile and a half away. The nearest store that carries much of anything is 7 miles. It takes 10-15 minutes for an ambulance or police car to reach us in an emergency... that's after they get the dispatch call. We don't get cable TV (we do get satellite) and pizza 'delivery' means driving 5 miles to meet the driver.

But I think it's worth it. We live among what others pay money to have pictures of hanging on their wall.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

It appeared to me the exact same way. I thnk that was the realization he was hoping for without actually saying it..

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This topic is AMAZING. It makes me so angry that the wonders of the past have been hidden from us: Giants, fairies, krakens, humongous trees, ancient supereruptions. The list goes on and on. God is going to be angry when he comes down because we've fallen so far.

Here is a video about the video in the OP.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CunningPerson

Hidden behind the words fantasy, myth and fiction at least.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've twice been in 'Old Growth Forest'. Once in Wisconsin (Sylvan Forest) and the other in British Columbia (Vancouver Island).

The experience was nothing short of amazing, seeing the forest floor littered with big old trunks amid standing giants, their deteriorating hulks covered with moss, lichens and ferns. The darkness under the canopy made me want to walk quietly and just take in the wonder of a place unchanged for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Takes your breath away.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Tree's have various life spans too.

I think mostly what the OP is thinking of are Redwoods, Giant sequoia, certain kinds of pines like Limber Pine. They can get up to the 3,000 to 4,000 year range.

Some species of Oak can get up to 1,500 years.

I have Red Oak here on my land, and they can get up to 500 years, but most die after 200 years. White oak that is here can get up to 300, Water Oak up to 175. But that's the longest they can get to. Disease, drought, fires (natural ones) storms, can cut their lives short.

Longleaf pines that grow here (they get pretty darn tall) can live up to 300 years......but not a lot do. Fires, and storms take a lot of them out. I've watched these trees bend over more than 50 degrees in a storm, and then CRACK, that's all she wrote for them.

Thing is: these pines are like weeds! They'll start growing enmass and quickly too.

We have wild cherry, hickory, persimmons (they only live 60 years), and a huge mixture of other trees here in the SE too.

But rest assure, forests are here.

Here's my back yard:

Plenty of places that I go, there are lots of old growth forest abound:

Burell's Ford, SC

Mistletoe State Park, GA

Huntington Island, SC

Wild Turkey Federation, SC

And while yes, us humans do intrude, we also can live with the old trees.
This is South Boundry Road here in the city I live in. These oaks are up to 200 years old:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruptedstructure

Only in the Essene Gospel of Peace have I heard of the Giant Trees of our real and true history. "Long ago, before the Great Flood, the Great Ones walked the earth, and the giant trees, even those which now are no more than legend, were their home and their kingdom. They lived many score of generations, for they ate from the table of the Earthly Mother, and slept in the arms of the Heavenly Father, and they knew not disease, old age, nor death. To the Sons of Men did they bequeath all the glory of their kingdoms, even the hidden knowledge of the Tree of Life which stands in the middle of the Eternal Sea. But the eyes of the Sons of Men were blinded by the visions of Satan, and by promises of power, even that power which conquers by might and by blood. And then did the Son of Man sever the golden threads that bound him to his Earthly Mother and his Heavenly Father; he stepped from the Holy Stream of Life where his body, his thoughts, and his feelings were one with the Law, and began to use only his own thoughts, his own feelings, and his own deeds, making hundreds of laws, where before there was only One."

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is Haida Gwaii old growth.

My next destination will be this island off the coast of British Columbia.

edit on 8/8/16 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CunningPerson

I think that the Council of Nicaea may have played a hand in that area.
A lot of book burning as well..

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It seems some people haven't actually watched the video before commenting, which is completely understandable considering the accent and long length of the video, but this is not about "the woods" nor is it about old growth forests. I'll do my best to condense down what the guy's theory is:

Everything we think we know about geology, biology, and Earth's history is wrong. In the past (not sure how long ago he is talking about) he is saying that the Earth was covered in a thick layer of life and massive silicon-based trees. Trees that are miles and miles in diameter reaching far into the sky. Trees so big we now call their petrified stumps and shattered remains mesas and mountains

At some point, for some reason, by someone or group, the entire surface of the earth was "sanitized" and all of these massive trees were cut down, and the Earth's entire surface literally scraped away like a strip mine. Volcanoes are not built via lava breaking through the surface, but instead volcanoes and mountains are actually huge piles of the waste material that was dumped after the surface was scraped.

Due to some sort of reaction of pressure/heat (not really sure how this is supposed to occur) these huge piles self-ignite and are basically big burning piles of the old earth's surface.

Valleys, and other geological surface formations are actually just areas that have been dug up on a massive scale.

He also talks about a nuclear war in..... the 1800s in crimea?

I found his idea fascinating but there was a lot of stuff that sounded ridiculous. Like the self igniting piles of rocks and the nuclear war of 1800. But the idea that the Earth was at one point covered in huge silicon-based trees which have produced the stone we know of as the ground today seems oddly realistic. I mean, how can anyone possibly say that they know for a fact that silicon based trees didn't exist on Earth at some point? Seeing as we would have no idea the exact properties of a silicon based tree we couldn't disprove this theory by showing the composition of mesas is in fact rock, as we don't know if silicon based trees would turn to rock or not.

I do find it odd that Earth seems to have a lot of round, stump-looking mesas where as a plant like mars has mesas with very irregular shapes. I know we are comparing different planets here but the same physics apply to mars as Earth, and it's accepted that Mars' surface has been eroded via water in a similar way to Earth's.

I can't explain why but I can't get this seemingly absurd video out of my mind.
edit on 9-8-2016 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"Silent Running" covered that point actually.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Thanks that is a reasonable synopsis I cant come at the nuclear bit either but he has good arguments that conventional science and history are off the mark

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join