It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Stone Temple Pilots lead singer Scott Weiland dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Scott Weiland, the former frontman for rock bands Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died, his Facebook page confirmed early Friday morning (Dec. 4). "Scott Weiland, best known as the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, passed away in his sleep while on a tour stop in Bloomington, Minnesota, with his band The Wildabouts," a post on Weiland's Facebook page reads. "At this time we ask that the privacy of Scott’s family be respected."

Very sad news.
Scott had serious drug addiction issues for most of his music career.
I was listening to one of their albums about a month ago with a friend, and commented that 'it's only a matter of time before he dies from the drugs'.
I wasn't expecting it to happen a month later.

link

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I suppose there has always been a tiny bit of me that has had its antennae tuned to Scott, because I knew this news would come sooner than it should.

R.I.P. Scott Weiland, you were often a genius.

#

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I saw this headline and honestly thought "didn't he die of an overdose years ago?" But it was just that I always thought of Layne Staley whenever I would hear about Weiland on the radio and I would always think "it's only matter of time".

Shame that we are all thinking the same thing, but it truly consumes you.

RIP Scott Weiland, you achieved more than most!!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Gutted

RIP Scott.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Dunno if any of you have seen this video, but it is really, really hard to watch.
He is on a different planet during this show.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Although I'm nowhere near a life long fan of STP or of Weiland's other work (I got the pleasure of really immersing myself in all things STP three years ago), his passing has still greatly affected me. Never before have I cried over a musicians death and it's funny that every time I came across his name, my mind went "yeah, he's not going to last another year." I hope he is resting in peace.
edit on 4-12-2015 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Can't say that it's a huge surprise, other than it took this long.
Bummer.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Please see below for my surprised face:

I just seen him last year at Rock on the Range and ole dude was looking REAL rough and all kinds of sad. '

You know what they say, you play with fire, you will eventually get burned.

RIP Scott...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Really liked Stone Temple Pilot back in the 90s and loved it when he, Slash and several others formed Velvet Revolver.
Damn. I knew this was comin' but...................
R.I.P

edit on 4-12-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My S.O. woke me up this morning with this news.
Our favorite STP song is Interstate Love Song. Thanks to David64 for posting that one!

Our favorite Velvet Revolver is Falling to Pieces.

I also was surprised he survived this long!

Drugs...damn drugs...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
One of the greats and will always be remembered that way in my heart.
I had the honour of seeing STP many times and meeting Mr weiland as well.
I have pictures of my birthday , that we went to see stp and Scott treated me like a VIP.
He gave me his sunglasses, bumbed smokes off me the entire show-we were up against the stage in a smaller venue.
After being told it was my birthday i was invited on stage to sing back up "heys" for a cover of Slither"

Pics or it didnt happen? Just give me the word an i will flood this thread with pics of the 1 in a life time experience!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Shame that we are all thinking the same thing, but it truly consumes you.

I am guilty.
When I heard on the radio that he 'died in his sleep', I immediately thought... 'Was he sleeping with a needle in his arm?'

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
R.I.P. Loved STP.

Really makes you wonder, why we lose some greats to drugs, yet others, ehm... Mr. Richards... are still with us.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Really makes you wonder, why we lose some greats to drugs, yet others, ehm... Mr. Richards... are still with us.

It's because the Force is strong with this one:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
RIP Scott. Not surprised by this unfortunately. So talented and loved his time with STP. The Plush acoustic is probably my favorite of all the music he did.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I saw Stone Temple Pilots in 2001 with Linkin Park and Staind and it was a great concert. I was also a big fan of Velvet Revolver. Even back in 2001, Scott was high on hard drugs during the concert (we heard from a news report later that month).

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Rest in peace scott. Stp was a go to band to cover, every band i was in covered at least one song by stp.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Very sad news. Incredibly talented vocalist, and he also had an interesting personality you could say. It's a big loss.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Not surprised in the slightest. Still sad. It's always unfortunate when drugs claim a great musician before his time.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Awww. R.I.P.
I was all lined up to meet him once. A group of friends and I "volunteered" to let the local dj's make fun of us, well my buddies that we dressed in drag, in exchange for meeting them in the green room at KWHL and getting tickets to the show that night on New Years 1999. We were there, but Weiland had gone awol on a binge and they cancelled the concert. We were as bad as a bunch of giddy school girls, and so bummed That they didn't make it. Haha, and my buddies looked terrible, picture a 200 pound furry dude in a muumuu and blue eye shadow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join