It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My green lady

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The General Electric YJ93turbo jet was to be used in the XB-70 and the F-108. As i'm sure most of you know these aircraft were mach 3+ with JP-6 fuel. If I am remembering correctly they modified and had allot of test hours using HEF(high energy fuels) the JP-6 produced 18000 and the HEF’s made 26000 of thrust.

We also know that the Air Force has a HEF plant that they made there special boron fuels. So they have the ability to make the green burning fuel. The F-24 like vehicle was most likely made or maybe a modified f-23 is using these power plants with JP-6 for normal flight then the HEF for dashing over mach 3.

Thus making our green lady. What do all of you think about my hypothesis?
If you were going to make the Green lady how would you do it?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
The General Electric YJ93turbo jet was to be used in the XB-70 and the F-108. As i'm sure most of you know these aircraft were mach 3+ with JP-6 fuel. If I am remembering correctly they modified and had allot of test hours using HEF(high energy fuels) the JP-6 produced 18000 and the HEF’s made 26000 of thrust.

We also know that the Air Force has a HEF plant that they made there special boron fuels. So they have the ability to make the green burning fuel. The F-24 like vehicle was most likely made or maybe a modified f-23 is using these power plants with JP-6 for normal flight then the HEF for dashing over mach 3.

Thus making our green lady. What do all of you think about my hypothesis?
If you were going to make the Green lady how would you do it?

Penny why not just post this in the original thread? I think we discussed that in that one didnt we?(we as in all members in that thread). If anything th e green lady might just be a yf-23 with ceramic/hybrid skin to absorb rcs.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Why is it called the green lady? why green?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Let it seep through a advanced skin and ignite it in the air using the bowshock(is that the right word?) Itself as the "outside" of the engine so there are no issues with deposits clogging up the nozzle. I'd shape it like a pumpkin seed and probably fly it up on something big and fast, let it go. Pilot lets her start leaking ignition as soon as it hits the air, less violent than Orion but I'm sure you need a strong neck.

At least that's how I would do it... Not sure how "They" would.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I would start with maybe a superconductor that ran at very high temperatures. Shoot it off into space than use angle of attack to build friction on the ionsphere, just to heat up the superconductor than use that to pull it towards the magnetosphere in which case it would lose conductivity as it cooled and just repeat. It may produce aurora borealis when waveriding. Anyway that's my take.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Two reasons. The additive in the fuel used, and green light interferes with optical sensors.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So does the green come solely from the fuel being burned, or is there something else involved?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Unless they wanted to paint her green in honor of our musings, I believe just the fuel.

edit on 24-11-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

She has a secondary system that will provide light as well. The fuel provides enough light normally, but they can also use a fuselage light.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Like the low illumination green lighting strips used for night formation and visual range finding?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Similar to that, but brighter. That way if they're at a lower speed than the fuel requires they can still get the optical blocking effect.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Is their any other speedy platform that produces a brilliant light similiar to the green lady?

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

No.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
While I've never seen the Green Lady, I have seen the Orangish/Yellow Birds (I'm slightly Color Blind).. If the Green Lady can't accelerate and stop like something out of Star Trek, then she's no where near the epitome of our Current Tech.... Just my two sense

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewsWorthy

Completely different missions and operating areas. She has no need to do that, so she doesn't. That does.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Also I should mention that I was lucky enough to FIRST HAND WITNESS a vehicle that was soooo far beyond anything I could imagine, it made me FIRMLY believe in Extraterrestrials. (It was an Amorphous Color/Shape Shifting Light I seen enter our Atmosphere and drop to what seemed like a couple hundred feet-stop do some maneuvers then head out towards Gilroy Ca. Extremely fast)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: NewsWorthy

Completely different missions and operating areas. She has no need to do that, so she doesn't. That does.

Thank You... That reaffirms my believe that those were ours... I see em from time to time late night cat fishing out yonder

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Boron compounds [boranes and carboranes] burn with a green flame. The low mass of the Boron atom and the high energy of combustion would give a rocket engine a high specific impulse if a suitable boron based fuel could be developed. Boron containing compounds are not suitable for use in jet engines because when they burn, they produce boron oxides which abrade the turbine blades in seconds...literally.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Boron compounds [boranes and carboranes] burn with a green flame. The low mass of the Boron atom and the high energy of combustion would give a rocket engine a high specific impulse if a suitable boron based fuel could be developed. Boron containing compounds are not suitable for use in jet engines because when they burn, they produce boron oxides which abrade the turbine blades in seconds...literally.

Two points.

#1 is that the green flame is not limited to boranes, but boride ions. This includes, but is not limited to, boranes. So the amount of compounds that are included grows considerably.

#2 is that if you are afraid of turbine blades being abraded, then you would inject it after the turbines. Placing such a compound in the afterburner would also result in us seeing the green flame rather than it being swallowed up in the internals of the engine.

I was having a good think about various engines. Two things occurred to me. One of the problems with scramjets is that nothing in the air propagates forward. This is a fundamental idea in supersonic flow, and it is a very important concept. It's why shockwaves form, and various other familiar phenomena. But what's important is that if things can't flow forward in a supersonic flow, then maintaining a flame in one spot like a conventional jet is quite difficult because it tends to blow straight out the back of the engine. So one of the big challenges in making engines with faster flow velocities through the core is maintaining reliable ignition of your fuel. Thing two that occurred to me is that TEB lights on contact with air, giving very reliable ignition. This seems oddly convenient.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkpr0

It worked 50 years ago, why stop there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join