It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #36: The Totalitarian New World Order Starts in The UK, and it's Starting Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HotLoad

I didn't say you were angry. Not even close.

I see so you were not insinuating when you said this.

I see SO getting angry at people who ask about this, but the rules clearly say it is not allowed.

I am sure you can understand how it could be interpreted as you were saying I was angry. I am glad t was a simple misunderstanding.

as to

Repeating the same line does not make the rules outlined in the T&C go away.

Video content as well as live broadcasts has allowed colorful language for as long as I have been a member. This has been addressed many, many times. I am thinking maybe they should add a link to the explanation of T&C regarding videos in future episodes as to address this very subject as I am sure it will continually come up.

As for the use of next level BS click link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-2-2015 by Grimpachi because: erp

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I see so you were not insinuating when you said this.

I said this,

I see SO getting angry at people who ask about this, but the rules clearly say it is not allowed.

So unless you are ScepticOverlord I don't see how you can think I was implying you.

Video content as well as live broadcasts has allowed colorful language for as long as I have been a member. This has been addressed many, many times. I am thinking maybe they should add a link to the explanation of T&C regarding videos in future episodes as to address this very subject as I am sure it will continually come up.

If you think they should then you probably agree that it is contradictory to the rules we all agreed to when signing up.

And it is one thing to post an outside vid that contains profanity, when you produce a show as ATS staff and go out of your way to be profane it is another thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

So unless you are ScepticOverlord I don't see how you can think I was implying you.

Because you were replying to me.

If you think they should then you probably agree that it is contradictory to the rules we all agreed to when signing up.

Sorry, I don't agree. I already explained why I think they should post a link.

And it is one thing to post an outside vid that contains profanity, when you produce a show as ATS staff and go out of your way to be profane it is another thing.

I acknowledge your opinion. That is all I can offer you.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Because you were replying to me.

But I was clearly talking about SO specifically.

Sorry, I don't agree. I already explained why I think they should post a link.

Yes, because it keeps coming up you say. It keeps coming up because it is contradictory to the rules.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

It's been fun, but I got to go.

Enjoy your stay on ATS.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual I think this has been yet another great NLBS show. After looking at some of the comments I am wondering if the imprisonment for nonpayment is true there seems to be some contention on that.

Can that be confirmed here? After a search, I found nothing I am wondering if Tech has some links.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

As usual I think this has been yet another great NLBS show. After looking at some of the comments I am wondering if the imprisonment for nonpayment is true there seems to be some contention on that.

Is it really a shocker that you are prosecuted for tax evasion?

I thought it was a given.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The whole Licensing and enforcement is based purely on fear of prosecution, nothing more.
Back in the late 80's, I moved into a flat and the day after moving in there was a knock at the door one evening. I opened the door and there stood a guy who identified himself as being with TV Licensing and that there records showed there was no license registered at the address.
I explained that I had just moved in the day before, hence no record of a license for the address, but that if he checked the records he would find a license under my name. I also informed him that as I had just moved in, my paper license was in a box somewhere with a lot of other paperwork and, if he came back in a day or two, I'd have found it. That wasn't good enough as he then informed me of his right of entry to the property, at which point I simply stated that he could try, at which time I'd kick his arse down the stairs! Threats of calling the police simply garnered a polite "do what you think you have to do" response from me.

Needless to say, the threats of action didn't materialize, so I guess they looked up my name and found I had a license after all. It's the whole "right of entry" crap that really gets my defences up, as my attitude is simply that they can claim whatever right they think they have, it means nothing to me. More so when it is being used by some jumped up turd on a power trip.

It has unfortunately reached the stage though where even local authorities can claim rights of entry, or will use surveillance powers and various databases to establish "facts" about us if we do something to piss them off, or just stand up for ourselves and not bow down to them. Surveillance to this level is just not called for and of course abuses of the systems are rampant. Hell, even police officers can't help themselves and misuse and abuse those systems too. Just a bunch of control freaks and James Bond wannabe's thinking they have power over us.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: TechUnique

I would definitely agree that at least some of them work. In my hometown, every time I changed my address, it would seem the T.V licensing people would know where I was before anyone else did. Way before I was even getting letters from anyone else I'd get a letter from the TV licensing people. It was as if they were stalking me, I was puzzled at how they could find me so quick and recognize that it was me at these addresses.

You think they work based on the feeling that they must be stalking you personally?

They use a very well maintained database of where everyone lives collated from many different sources. The rest is just scare tactics.

No, based on ALL of the evidence to date. The only evidence to suggest otherwise is just as questionable as the evidence to suggest that they do work. I think it's clear to see that some of them do work. As has been pointed out in this thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

The only evidence in this thread points to that they might have worked 40 years ago when everyone used ctr TV's.

There's no evidence they are real now.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

With the advent of Smart TV's and other networked home appliances, game consoles etc, they don't need detector vans as they can see / hear you watching TV.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

True, but whos to know if it is live TV or not?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Why is everyone focusing so much on the T.V licensing part? Isn't the story's main focus about people being stopped from leaving the country?

Seems kinda nitpicky.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Hadn't heard of that one before.

So.... this means that by submitting your passport at the border, you will have all your records checked? Which means Border patrol have more information about us than we thought they did.

I'm not hiding anything or owe anything but this does seem to be a bit intrusive!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Did somebody provide a written description of the video? I cant watch it right now but would like to know the basic of the program.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: HotLoad

Yes but they can still pretend like they stuck it to the man with this one and resume the desired programming next episode.

EXACTLY what I wanted to post

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Can that be confirmed here? After a search, I found nothing I am wondering if Tech has some links.

Sorry man I didn't see your comment at first.

It is definitely happening and has been documented. It isn't spoken about much though which is surprising.

Courts Jail 107 People For Not Paying BBC TV License Fines

Basford pensioner sent to prison for not paying council tax

It's all a bit up in the air, but it is definitely happening. I have a friend who was in prison for a few years, and someone he bunked with was there for either not paying council tax, or not paying T.V license, I can't remember which. I'm pretty sure it was T.V license though.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

This new video's subject aside, it seems a bit cowardly not to mention some of the data-backed, logical comments people posted calling you out on the anti-vaccine video--all you basically did was showed comments that patted you on the back.

Maybe NLBS #37 should be about the BS associated with hiding from comments that appropriately call you out when you're misrepresenting or showing a blatant bias on an issue.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

TV detector vans were first brought in as a PR stunt to frighten people into getting a TV license. Apparently they are normal vans with a few aerials some fancy decals but nothing inside!

Wow, really?!

Get out of here, I have spent my entire life believing this to be true, I have even questioned whether this were possible (internally), but am sad to say I sheeped out on this one.

I believed!

I hang my head in shame and anger at being duped and lied to, so techinically they cannot ascertain whether you are watching tv or not.

Interesting, what happens if you refuse access to you property, to prove there is no telly?

I am currently going through a similar thing with the water company, the UK government decided it was a good idea to give total control to water companies in water stressed areas enofrcement rights to place every household on a water meter.

Only problem being our reigion is no longer water stressed, yet they still have the power and are now threatening me with a annual bill of £809 no access charge, for resisting attempts to meter me.

This is only because the £1000 fine they tried to threaten me with never came to fruition.

So I shall have to submit now, as it is legally binding

I despise my life here in England these days and would leave in a heartbeat....if only I had paid my bills!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This was first time viewing NLBS as I'm not big on videos, they're usually too long and too full of non-topical information. That said the info on this one was pretty important, it shows the direction both the US and UK are headed which is deeper into full-on fascism.

So why can't the English speak English? I mean, it's pri-imuch layk I'm 'earin another langwage.
Thank God for Monty Python as I can still ascertain the content of what's said.

Here's another vote for toning down the f-bombs.

You've got my interest though, I'll be digging back through past episodes.
Carry on the good work.

Eta: It sounds bloody nice of the BBC to force you to pay them to create lies they tell you are true like those brave YPK Kurdish women fighting off ISIS singlehanded and those chemical attacks against the Syrian people by Assad. Seems to me they should be paying you to listen to them, after all they're the ones with something to sell.
edit on 6-2-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Americans have slaughtered the English language just as much as the bloke in this video has. If you understand the content and agree with it, isn't the accent/way someone speaks rather trivial?

The person in the video is me by the way lol I may as well disclose that now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join