It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

credit card frustration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So I have a credit card that I opened to pay for a tv. 12 month instrest free, expires in a month. I paid it off over the phone, since it locked me out from login online. I wasn't sure how much I owed so I made a payment 2 days in a row. I was finally able to login and it shows a balance of negative $400. I made these payments like 5 days ago,wtf. I get it takes some time. None of my other payments take this long. I hope my anger has calmed by the time I can call in the morning. I had to tell someone. Share if you have had this experience.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 024nona

Credit cards are for suckers. Don't buy stuff if you haven't got the money...get a debit card :p

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I have a cc issued from my bank that is really a check card I guess in that I don't "charge", the amount comes out of my checking account so I can't spend what I don't have.

I've been trying to pay my cable bill for over a week but I guess they just don't want my money all that much.

Last time this happened they yanked my card because I bought an oven online from a big box and they assumed it was fraud.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 024nona
So I have a credit card that I opened to pay for a tv. 12 month instrest free, expires in a month. I paid it off over the phone, since it locked me out from login online. I wasn't sure how much I owed so I made a payment 2 days in a row. I was finally able to login and it shows a balance of negative $400. I made these payments like 5 days ago,wtf. I get it takes some time. None of my other payments take this long. I hope my anger has calmed by the time I can call in the morning. I had to tell someone. Share if you have had this experience.

I got rid of my credit cards for this reason. I'm almost completely debt free...just a student loan. But credit card companies are shady, they put all sorts of service charges and fees into the bill that you never see...I mean hey, a dollar here, five dollars there, you never really notice them. You think you're paid off so you wonder where that $40 annual fee snuck in. And that's not to mention what they do in the payment processing area...

Pay that card off as soon as you can and cancel it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I use a credit card to purchase *everything*- but I auto pay the full balance every month, too.

Credit score is amazing because of it, but they're still evil things.

Had to cancel my last one because it was stolen. (Well, it had some fraud charges) Called them up, they "cancelled" it, sent me a new one with a different number. I shredded the old one, they refunded the charges.
Six months later, a few hundred dollars in charges show up that I don't recognize. I don't watch it that closely, but it didn't feel right so I looked into it.

In the end, about $1700 in fraud charges over three months were found. Turns out they were ALL CHARGED TO THE OLD NUMBER- the one I had canceled.
They just kind of forgot to close it on their end, I guess.

Moved onto another CC company, but I'm pretty sure they're all owned and operated by the same idiots...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 024nona

in this day and age you should regard these kinds of events as deliberate and factor them into your purchasing decisions. They might utlimately repay it but you will have to push them over the line to get it.

my inlaws are in their 80s and they been using a national telco Teslsta in Australia for an ISP. The telco has IMO, deliberately stuffed them around for months and months with their inconsitent payment grabs The purose is to confue and harrass them into submission so they will just pay whatever the carrier asks for.

Their deliberate bunling of their payments has gone on for so long it cannot be anything elese other than deliberate as there billing system has been in place for years and cannot be so badly designed and implemented by accident.

i just wonder how many other people in Australia have just given up and paid up. Its obviously a deliberte tatic on their part. My inlaws have now terminated their use of these people.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I had a similar problem with my credit card payment. What should I do?

top topics

join