It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Will Cause More....Rape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You read that correctly. Global warming will cause more rape....and other crimes.

I find myself wondering just how deep the global warming alarmists are going to go with their fear mongering. But everytime I try to calculate this....they come up with more "science" to "scare" me even more.

Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.....

This paper estimates the impact of climate change on the prevalence of criminal activity in the United States. The analysis is based on a 30-year panel of monthly crime and weather data for 2997 US counties.

I identify the effect of weather on monthly crime by using a semi-parametric bin estimator and controlling for state-by-month and county-by-year fixed effects. The results show that temperature has a strong positive effect on criminal behavior, with little evidence of lagged impacts.

Between 2010 and 2099, climate change will cause an additional 22,000 murders, 180,000 cases of rape, 1.2 million aggravated assaults, 2.3 million simple assaults, 260,000 robberies, 1.3 million burglaries, 2.2 million cases of larceny, and 580,000 cases of vehicle theft in the United States.

link: www.sciencedirect.com...

Since this "science" shows that even a slight change in temperature (in a hotter direction) is a cause for more crime, let's test that by looking at crime rates in Chicago vs Dallas.

Chicago has 10.08 violent crimes and 41.84 property crimes for a total of 51.92 per 1000 residents.

Dallas has 6.76 violent crimes and 44.41 property crimes for a total of 51.17 per 1000 residents.

hmmmm....looks like more fear mongering global warming propaganda again.

What do you say ATS....more fear mongering propaganda or serious thoughtful scientific evidence?

edit on 27-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Rape?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that demographic populations are different in those two cities.

Flame away.

edit on 27-2-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've heard a lot of excuses for criminals doing what they do...but I must admit this is a new one. One I must file away in memory in case I'm ever arrested...."It's not my fault, your honor, the global warming made me do it." sounds reasonable doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Weather does impact crimes and also suicide rates. It has alot to do with moods. And when you look at mood cycles, you look at psychological behavior. BOOM! FACTOLIZED YOU

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

kimish
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that demographic populations are different in those two cities.

Flame away.

edit on 27-2-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Dallas:
29% White
25% Black
42% Hispanic

Chicago:
31% White
32% Black
28% Hispanic

I am not sure what your point was but they actually look pretty even to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This seems like another classic case of correlation does not equal causation. Just because two things correlate together, that does not mean that one causes the other. This sounds like a bit of BS to me on those grounds. (No offense whatsoever to the OP of course)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I was actually meaning demographics in terms of wealth not race. My bad, perhaps i didnt use the right verbage and i should have elaborated.
However, in my neck of the woods crime is always highest during the hotter months. Food for thought.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow. And just when you thought everything that could possibly be blamed on global warming had been....

Don't worry. Soon, male pattern baldness, paper cuts, and split ends will all be caused by global warming. And people wonder why I can't take this crap seriously........

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If this rings true then maybe we will see a decline in seasonal depression?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

kimish

I was actually meaning demographics in terms of wealth not race. My bad, perhaps i didnt use the right verbage and i should have elaborated.
However, in my neck of the woods crime is always highest during the hotter months. Food for thought.

But the crime rates are almost identical .... even though the temperatures are very different. This was the point I was making. That the hotter temps in Dallas do not make for more crime

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
"Climate change" is the new religion, and, as a religion needs a few things...

A deity: The climate
Sinners: Us
A system of law: You can do anything you want as long as it's green... or until we figure out how to make a profit off of you as well
A "cause" for sin: A hotter planet causes crime! (Rape, murder, etc.)
An apocalypse story: Our coming, watery demise... or ice age... warming can do both, evidently.
Prophets: The gov't, the UN, and corporate science (substitute profits for prophets at will here)
Preachers: You see those here on ATS all of the time... they will be on this thread soon enough, flashing meaningless stats and made up facts...
NON-BELIEVERS, heretics, blasphemers!: The rest of us that see through the crap...

I will also restate what I have said so many times before... science quits being science when it becomes corporatized, subsidized, and taxable... alas, I will be branded as a "headless chicken" or whack-job... heresy, you see...

So let it be legislated, so let it be done...
edit on 27-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: Al Gore wants to EAT YOUR BRAINS!!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was about to jump on the trash this lie bandwagon until I stumbled upon this Wikipedia article.

*Edit. This Google search also shows articles from several different years that supports it too.

Hmmm, seems like heat might cause a rise in crime after all

There was actually a study done in 2004 that supports this argument.

Weird, but true.

edit on 27-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I can't read the rest of the paper - telling me it has to be purchased. Bit of a bummer to quote the abstract and nothing more...
edit on 27-2-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

LadySkadi
I can't read the rest of the paper - telling me it has to be purchased. Seems to be disingenuous to quote the abstract and nothing more...

I wasn't meaning to be disingenuous ..... the abstract is all that is there without paying....it is all I could post.

It's only $35 if you want to purchase ..... just kidding of course

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I know, sorry - I changed the post, I didn't mean you (I meant the teaser)...

So I guess we don't know if "global warming" means the Earth is heating up or cooling down in this case (c'mon we've all heard both) but I will point out (as an example) that in Alaska the reported Rape cases are the highest in the country with the percentage of Native women topping that... I think it's fair to say that Rape is a result of society, culture, community - not weather and temperature.

edit on 27-2-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So if i pull off a heist and rob goldman sachs, i can just blame it on global warming and get away with it? Thanks al gore/the legendary manbearpig. I'll have to try it out when i'm in NYC.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Global Warming is Also a Major Cause of Snow Melting . What Can be Done about that ? People Wanna Know !

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

So this explains why Jihadies wear explosive vest in Muslim countries. All that hot weather they must be killing each other wholesale by now. Of course we can't have any form of immigration reform now, the South American countries are much hotter than the their North American counter part. That would make Hispanics much more prone to violence. Of course anything around the tropics would dangerous at best.

Lets not forget New Mexico, Texas, Arizona, Parts of Utah, and Nevada will have to be cordoned off for safety reasons. We should start moving people from Dallas to Detroit where the climate is much cooler. This is going to require additional government spending to analyse Florida and crime rates along the coast.

Of course this explains why Canada is crime free. This also answers the question why they build Siberian Gulags, the cold has to be rehabilitating to the serious criminals of Russia. This should be a boon for the HVAC business.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Oh c,mon it is not the average temperature but the increase in temperature. When there are heat waves people get cranky and violence generally increases during these.

Just search on heatwave and crime - there are hundreds of articles going back years.

This is OLD news and pretty obvious if you stop and think about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join