It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Victims Are “Liars” Says Top Democrat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

"Despite all that good news,” Reid said on the Senate floor Wednesday, “There's plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America.” Reid specifically referred to an ad from Americans for Prosperity featuring the case of Julie Boonstra, a leukemia patient whose new plan disrupted her ability to budget for medications.

Well, he is the leader in the Senate, must know what he is talking about. Every person that claims to have been adversely impacted by obamacare, all of those cancellations, all of those who can't afford the premiums and high deductibles, those who can't afford their meds, etc they are all liars.

The worst of the ACA hasn't even been fully implemented yet (delayed by the president), so I guess that gives all of these liars more time to create even more lies?

Can a person possibly be more out of touch than Reid?

I think what we have here is democrats, all of them voted for this and now are afraid of it. especially with elections approaching.

So, now that we know that obamacare is really good, and everyone who says otherwise is a liar, we can all feel much better about it now.... Right?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hmmm... Liars huh? Well Mr. Reid, I guess it takes one to know one huh?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While I am sure that there are some cases being told that are lies, I personally have family members that have suffered because of this "wonderful" program.

I don't appreciate this Jack*** calling them liars.
He needs a reality check, upside the head.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

chiefsmom
While I am sure that there are some cases being told that are lies, I personally have family members that have suffered because of this "wonderful" program.

Maybe they're all victims of a right wing conspiracy using hypnotic subliminal messages to convince them that Obmamcare is bad?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

That's moronic. Why call them victims of it if they're not victimized by it?

Victimize them all over again by claiming they're a bunch of liars why don't 'ya?

That'll win you some votes next cycle, ffs.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

LOL yeah, that's it.
It has nothing to do with money, or expense.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

What part of, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was true?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Doesnt surprise me. All my life bureaucrats and administrators have called me liar and worse to my face just because my story didnt fit their worldview.

It was experiences like that at a young age that made me as distrustful of government, bureaucracy and authority as I am today.

Nothing like being told by every one around you the truth matters and honesty is rewarded then running headfirst into some asshat in a position of authority who calls you a liar to your face for just being honest.

The only thing worse than that feeling is the reality that your honesty doesnt matter one bit because the authorities desire for you to be lying comes from a more powerful position.

Might makes right where the truth is concerned and Reid has all the might so if he says you're a liar then you're a damn dirty liar.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Vid.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

beezzer

What part of, "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" was true?

The "if"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

i love this repeated line "they are trying to BUY AMERICA". so it's OK for THEM to be bought, through campaign contributions, which in part pay for their commercials to get elected, commercials i might add that are normally mud slinging and FULL OF LIES. but if you go against this government it is bad? nice double standard.

so i guess according to those in power, the RICH, (he kept pointing out how these brothers are rich as well) are only allowed to SERVE those currently in POWER? and if their views don't match they should not be allowed to support any "opposing" of those in power. again nice double standard

if he feels so strongly those are lies why does he not take EVERYONE who has a "horror story" to court, and at that point get all their testimony on the public record under oath for the world to see?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar." --Mark Twain

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Harry Reid has taken advantage of a parliamentary immunity principle before regarding telling the truth.

Link

Members of the United States Congress enjoy a similar parliamentary privilege as members of the British Parliament; that is, they cannot be prosecuted for anything they say on the floor of the House or Senate. They also enjoy the right to be present in Congress: that is, they may be in prison or jail the rest of the time, but they have the right to attend Congressional sessions, speak on the floor, vote, etc. These rights are specified in the Constitution and have been fairly uncontroversial in U.S. history. Courts have consistently interpreted them very narrowly.

So Harry knows that he can lie his *** off with no fear. What a guy.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I know personally of a person turned away at the doctors office a few days ago because they had no record of them being on Obama care.
edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

I know personally of a person turned away at the doctors office a few days ago because they had no record of them being on Obama care.
edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Liar.

Of course, apologies. You are not a liar. None of these people are.
edit on 27-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Obamacare was created on LIES.

Obamacare is defended by LIES.

Obamacare was passed by LIARS.

Reid was one of those liars.

IF Obamacare was so effing great what was with all the delays ?

If Obamacare was so effing great what was with all the 'opt' outs ?

Attacking people who have legitimate concerns about the EPIC failures of the current admin is standard Saul Alinsky.

Attack and marginalize, and silence the opposition.

The US government, those people in congress, to the henchmen of government agencies.

ARE THE BIGGEST LIARS this country has ever seen,

I remember once upon a time in America it was 'patriotic' questioning the 'man'.
edit on 27-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

This is a story of a friend of mine that owns a appliance store, he works hard ,a good man and on our town council. here is his story:
I don't usually log onto these types of websites to post my story - but I did this time. I'm sure the IRS, CIA and who knows who else will come visit me now. Honestly, I don't care anymore. NOT TRUE? You Jackass Harry Reid. Then you are calling me a liar - well, here's my story (many of you have heard it already) I am a small business owner who works 14 hours a day, 6 days a week, often enough on Sunday from home. My family health care was $1200 per month, prescriptions were covered, no doctor co-pay, 2500 per person/$4000 per family, deductible. At $1200 a month, the costs were difficult, especially during these last six years of the economic downturn, but they were somewhat manageable.

Like many others, I received the cancellation letter from Anthem Blue Cross last fall. I held off, and checked the ACA. At first it seemed I would qualify for subsidy. After realizing each of my family members salary had to be considered, we qualified for zero. Being a moderate, middle income family, it's no surprise that I get nothing, never do, I just pay.

My NEW policy took affect January 2014, Anthem deducted my checking account $2700. for one month insurance. That is 2 1/2 TIMES MORE money!!!!!!! As the infomericals say; WAIT THERE'S MORE. The very next day, my wife goes to pick up her medication. The clerk says; "Here you are, that will be $1200.00, how would you like to pay?" When we checked with Anthem, we were told; "Well, your new policy DOES NOT COVER MEDICATION UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR $6000 OUT OF POCKET DEDUCTIBLE" Wait, there's more! I asked my wife to check with her doctors, since we would obviously have to find another insurance company. As you may know, with the rules, regulations, and paperwork, most doctors can't afford the secretarial staff, so they have formed groups, or networks. When she spoke to her doctors network she was told which insurance they would take. THEN she was told, until you get new insurance, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY CASH. She said; "no, we still have our old insurance, with Anthem". The reply was, NO, you have your old "company", but your new "policy" with them, is considered "Obamacare" and we will no longer accept it because of the regulations, payment...etc.

So, for two months, my family had NO INSURANCE. We rolled the dice. Finally, we found a policy that is ONLY 1 1/2 TIMES MORE MONEY.

So, Mr. Reid, if "all the stories are untrue", you are calling me a liar. PLEASE come visit me (I'm sure you know where I live and what I ate for dinner), and PLEASE call me a liar to my face.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Harry Reid says Victims Are “Liars”

Obama.Care is going to "murder" many Democrats in November.

Reactions like Harry's will be typical because they simply can't argue the merits.

Watch for the Red Herrings and Saul Alinsky tactics to really shift into high gear.

The failures are well beyond speculation.

The Democrats *OWN* the PPACA 100%.

There are no more selling points, only deflections now.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How many people in this thread actually watched the video? He said the ads put out by the Koch brothers are untrue. On that part he may be right the Koch brothers are elite scumbags that play both political parties. As long as a candidate is willing to do their bidding they will get contributions to their campaign.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was sent a welcome letter where the healthcare assignment for my kids was for an insurance company that only covers tribal employees and well, no parent or child is a tribal employee and hasn't been for two years. I spent over an hour on hold waiting to talk to somebody about fixing that pretty awful mix up. The kicker? According to the woman that I spoke with, they hadn't even sent the welcome packet yet despite my receiving what was identical to the welcome packet example.

It's a mess and maybe I should send some scanned copies of what I received with a long explanation as to how wrong it all was to show him that. I wouldn't go so far as call myself or my kids an Obamacare victim but it certainly was really very frustrating. If I had tried to use it, I would've definitely been a victim as the bills would've ended up piling onto me. Luckily, I recognized the screw up immediately.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join