It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Good Samaritan backfire", one man's encounter with police brutality.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Good Samaritan Backfire or How I Ended Up in Solitary After Calling 911 for Help.

As a result of my efforts to help injured bicyclists by calling 911, I was, in short order: separated from my friend, violently tackled, arrested, taken to county jail, stripped and left in a solitary cell. I am writing this story because, if it could happen to me, it could happen to you, and I feel the need to do something to help prevent this brutality from propagating.

Came across this story and wanted to share it with other ATS-ers.

If youre on ATS or other alternative news sites, this kind of story is nothing new. Based on recent trends, some might even say that this guy got "lucky"...

But for those Americans who get their news from the establishment: CNN (.com), Fox (.com), etc., this type of experience might come as a shock.

Here are some of the details:

Officer Kaur shouted at me to cross the street. It was very sudden and I was, admittedly, in shock. I stammered that I intended to head home, but that my friend was over there. I pointed at Ben against the wall, and said I’d like to take him home with me. Without warning, I was shoved from behind by Officer Gerrans and then collectively tackled by Officers Gerrans, Kaur and Andreotti.

Officer Kaur pulled me up so that I was in a sitting position, and then stepped onto my handcuffed hands, grinding them into the pavement. Officer Kaur had full control of me physically. Again, she stomped her boots on my hands, demanded that I “keep [my] hands on the ground,” pushed me back face down, and walked away.

When the van stopped, Officer Kaur shined her flashlight in my face and asked me whether I was “going to be a problem.” There were lots of people who’d be happy to “take care” of me inside if I was, she said. “This is the guy,” she told the deputy. “I think he’s going to be a problem. Are you going to be a problem?” It felt aggressive, almost goading. I tried to ignore her tone and addressed him directly: “Hello, sir.”

He said, “Oh yeah, he’s going to be a problem.”

“Step out of your pants,” they ordered. And as soon as I did: “Step out of your socks!” Naked from the waist down, someone said, “Take off your shirt.” It was topologically impossible, given the cuffs. One of the deputies said, “I’ll do it.” I was uncuffed, my shirt was stripped with force, getting caught on my neck, tugging my head backwards, then up, then off.

“Why am I in here?” “You are crazy. You are a lunatic,” he pronounced. “Once you are in the safety cell, we can’t release you without a psychiatric evaluation.

“Deputy, should I have been here in the first place?” “No”. “Then why did I end up here?” “You have to consider the source.” This phrase I remember verbatim. “How do you mean?” “I mean, there are a lot of young cops on the street, trying to make a name for themselves.”

I couldn’t help but recall a wise criminal lawyer’s (and friend’s) remarks: “Extricate yourself from the system, don’t try to vindicate yourself within it.”
His advice:
  1. Don’t call 911.
  2. Call Lyft to take you to the hospital.
  3. Take such incidents to trial, where justice isn’t veiled by the POBAR ("Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights").
  4. Consider wearing a video camera at all times.

edit on 25-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Unfortunately that's how they train 'em nowadays in preparation for martial law and further civil unrest. Hopefully by then cops will realize they are civilians too.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My Dad always told me... "No good deed goes unpunished", and sometimes that is exactly the way you feel.

It's past ridiculous, the things that are going on with the LEOs lately.

edit on 2/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
5. publicly bring attention to the brutality of the po po, so suspicion will not be cast in your direction as you silently plan your revenge.
what goes around comes around.

like i've said time and time again, there are some good cops and some bad cops out there, and they may have to be dealt with accordingly.

thought i would post a link to a the po-po song. t&c want allow to post it. language

___________ PO PO
edit on 25-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
My Dad always told me... "No good deed goes unpunished", and sometimes that is exactly the way you feel.

It's past ridiculous, the things that are going on with the LEOs lately.

edit on 2/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Start lifting weights.. EVERYONE. and remember the names of the REDCOATS..

it is very easy to learn all you need from the movies.

the cops cant arrest what they cant see. leave no evidence of a crime they have no proof.

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

there are some good cops and some bad cops out there

I disagree, if the so called 'good cops' do NOTHING about the 'bad cops', they ARE BAD COPS AS WELL!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

HomerinNC

there are some good cops and some bad cops out there

I disagree, if the so called 'good cops' do NOTHING about the 'bad cops', they ARE BAD COPS AS WELL!!!!

This is the problem, right here!!!

You cant be a saint if you give a sinner a pass.

Turning a blind eye to obvious crimes is worse than committing them, it is condoning them.

The LEOs these days are far worse than the mobsters of old, at least they had an honor system they actually had to follow.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's no wonder that witnesses on the street clear out quick or didn't "see" anything.

I can understand why a witness in a poverty stricken neighborhood wouldn't come forward. Once the police make a public show at the witness's home to write the report, the witness is left to fend for themselves when the perps come back and shut them up for good. Avoiding the police makes sense too as they would immediately get into a load of trouble. Now everyone in every neighborhood has to look down, shut up and move along before the police come and make it worse. A witness calling the police or 911 is just asking for it now a days.

edit on 26-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by FirePiston

Your post has nothing to do with the OP and should be ignored. You are part of the problem. Someone that is doing something you don't approve of should have their rights diminished. Wannabe authoritarian for sure.

How did your application to police academy go?

Yes it does.. Maybe the police are tired of skinny jean occupy hippy protestors like this type. Who protest but yet really do not know what they are protesting about other than wanting someone to pay their college bills. Maybe police are sick of working 12 hour shifts while these hippys have all the time in the world yet still have money somehow.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Why are you guys putting up with this in the USA? Why are you all not taking to the streets in protest?

Here in the UK a police officer killed an unarmed man and we had a week of riots all over the country. The police in the UK would not dream of half the s**t our US cousins put up with. Seems to me that you guys have given up and expect it, or your living by the old saying "if it don't affect me, then its none of my business" but its this mentality that has allowed these thugs to get away with treating you and your fellow countrymen as criminals.

What has happened to the USA, once a great country and a land of dreams and now is quickly becoming a police state. Not such a great country any more when your own LEO are worse than the Mafia and gangs.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Or maybe its because the police enrolment now has to take on officers with an average or below average IQ. Officers with a high IQ are barred from joining the police force. Says a lot really....... Thugs with guns, no better than street gangs.

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Most Cops Just Above Normal The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

abcnews.go.com...

So basically, you have to be "thick" to become an LEO in the USA today!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

FirePiston

Yes it does.. Maybe the police are tired of skinny jean occupy hippy protestors like this type. Who protest but yet really do not know what they are protesting about other than wanting someone to pay their college bills. Maybe police are sick of working 12 hour shifts while these hippys have all the time in the world yet still have money somehow.

What on earth do "hippies" have to do with the OP? Nowhere in the OP or the OP's link did I see anything saying, or allluding to, the person who was arrested being a "hippie".

Methinks you are simply using this thread to spout off about "those dirty hippies" regardless of what the OP is actually about.

Poor form

edit on 26/2/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

reply to post by oblvion

do you really think that some cops don't try to report their brothers in blue.
it happens more than you think and the stories just don't get out.
here is one,

Officers who attempt to break away from this system can get into trouble. Consider what happened to former NYPD cop Adrian Schoolcraft after he began taping conversations with his superiors back in 2009 in order to prove they were pressuring cops to make specific numbers of arrests and downplay serious crimes. After he began to speak out, Schoolcraft was restricted to desk duty and was told to talk to a psychologist.
On Halloween night 2009, Schoolcraft left work a little early, feeling ill and stressed. He woke up a few hours later to 12 officers, including Deputy Chief Michael Marino, entering his apartment. Schoolcraft taped the encounter, some of which can be heard on a 2010 episode of NPR’s This American Life. After some back and forth arguing, Schoolcraft was involuntarily committed to a local psych ward and handcuffed to the bed. After six days, his father, a former police officer, finally found his son and got him out. Schoolcraft later took his story to The Village Voice, and it was written up in a series called the NYPD Tapes that generally confirmed his allegations about his precinct. Some of his tapes were also used in the 2010 federal lawsuit against stop and frisk. In going against his fellow officers, Schoolcraft was doing more for the cause of justice than anyone who attempted to quiet him. We could use more people like Schoolcraft and Watts, who are willing to occasionally cross that stupid thin blue line.

the above quote came from. this page What Happens to Cops Who Arrest Other Cops?

if you go to the link and click the bold type, it will take to the story and the NPR Radio show.

here is one of the links on that page,

Now they’ll have supervision,” Serpico said. “If they’d only listened to what Polanco said. ‘Handcuff that guy!’ ‘What for?’ This is a police officer, then he gets suspended with pay and starts becoming the target

Serpico praises work of NYPD stop-and-frisk whistleblower

edit on 26-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Kryties

FirePiston

What on earth do "hippies" have to do with the OP? Nowhere in the OP or the OP's link did I see anything saying, or allluding to, the person who was arrested being a "hippie".

Methinks you are simply using this thread to spout off about "those dirty hippies" regardless of what the OP is actually about.

Poor form

edit on 26/2/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Your right. The pic in the op has Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent pro 2nd American written all over it.
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

FirePiston

Your right. The pic in the op has Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent pro 2nd American written all over it.
Firepiston

Do you also judge books by their cover?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In the uk crime has supposedly dropped to a record low

www.telegraph.co.uk...

and partly that due to police fiddling the numbers but I think alot of it is to do with the fact that most people don't expect the police to actually do anything if they report a crime other than give them a crime number.

Also most young people are reluctant/afraid to have direct dealings with the police either because they have had a bad experiance or know someone who has. You have a whole generation especially amongst the working class and poor who hate and fear the police.

Ancidotes of the police framing people for crimes they didn't commit, either to meet targets or because its easier than finding out the actual guilty party, as well as police placing evidence on people and intentionally winding people up so that if they respond badly they can arrest them are common amongst people I've known who were under 25.

With stories like this practically happening every day in america I would imagine there is a similar trend there.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

so your in favour of the second amendment but opposed to the first???

either that or you seem to be suggesting there two types in america the good ol red blooded american with a gun in one hand and the bible in the other and the dirty low down pinko commie with a che gevaro t-shirt and a tendency to call everyone comrade.

The world isn't black and white friend

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Dont forget about the female officer in Florida who pulled over and arrest another LEO for driving 120+ MPH in a 50 MPH zone, and was not heading to any emergency of any type whatsoever.

The problem is simple really, and its fix is even simpler.

The problem- Leos are not being held accountable a significant portion of the time, for severe misdeeds, and outright criminal activity, including but not limited to, rape, torture, theft, assault, assault with the intent to commit severe bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, obstruction of justice, false arrest, falsifying police reports, lying under oath and of course........MURDER, just flat out cold blooded, pointless, needless MURDER.

Solution- it is very easy really, dont let them investigate themselves. Appoint citizens just like a jury selection, and empower them to have access to any and all the evidence, then let them decide if the matter should go before a grand jury, and if the officer should be flat out fired pending the prosecution.

I know, I know, I am making too much sense here so it will never happen, but I can sure as hell dream.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join