It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bit Coin The NWO Global Currency?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
First off let me start off saying that I know very little about bitcoin. I have only recently begun to research it and I have found some interesting information. Here is what I gathered so far and please correct me If I am wrong.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that exists online...there are some physical "coins" of Bitcoins but they actually just contain the codes to an online Bitcoin. The coin can be broken up into parts..meaning you can sell/buy .112 of the coin etc.

For the most part it seems to be used in online peer to peer purchasing of goods but from what Im seeing new companies are opening up to it such as Overstock.com, Good Will, etc.

When you purchase a Bitcoin it goes into your virtual wallet which can be stored online or on your computer and should be backed up and encrypted. So everything is completely virtual....

When you make a purchase or any kind of transaction it is permanently logged and synchronized with every virtual wallet but under your anonymous multiple digit code (which I believe is what identifies your wallet..this code).

Some of the major risks im seeing in Bitcoin is some countries are attempting to ban it...while at the same time its been hit by hacker attacks. Some of the online wallets have gone mysteriously offline forcing people to lose their Bitcoins.

From my understanding Bitcoin was started mostly as way to launder money and buy and sell drugs on the Silk Road for those who have heard of it. Now it has become much more mainstream....but why?

Here is a list of other crypto currencies.. Link

I have never heard of a single one of those other ones. Why is Bitcoin the one that gets the media attention and appears to be the most popular?

Who made Bitcoin? Satoshi Nakamoto is best known as being the person (or persons) behind the creation of the Bitcoin. But no one publicly knows who he/she/it is.

There is much more about Bitcoin and how it works but I'll to spare everyones eyes.

***My question or observation is this. Bitcoin to me has come out of no where...by and unknown entity...gains massive mainstream media attention and is kind of becoming somewhat stable ( I know there has been huge fluctuations but its way better than it was...you could say its maturing). Is someone pushing for the success of Bitcoin to become the global currency? Imagine in a period of about 10 years when Bitcoin may be more stable than the US Dollar? Imagine people abandoning paper money because Bitcoin seems more stable.***

This is all speculation but If I had to guess of any currency being the front runner for a global currency id say its Bitcoin.

Once again...I dont know much about Bitcoin...Im not an economist...I just made some observations and was surprised at how mysterious and popular Bitcoin is and I felt it wasn't random. Please ATS educate me further!
edit on 21-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I saw a post on here a few days ago that said the whole bitcoin thing collapsed. Not sure though because I am not very educated on the subject. But I can see where your going. Please allow me to be re-educated and informed!

Firepiston
edit on 21-2-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

I think you are right it dropped alot recently...but its back up to about $600 right now...I think when it dropped it was almost $900...it definitely bumps around quite a bit but its also still pretty new...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Is someone pushing for the success of Bitcoin to become the global currency? Imagine in a period of about 10 years when Bitcoin may be more stable than the US Dollar?

No, there is no pushing from organizations as far as I can see, reasons is, there is no one controlling it. However, the pushing from its users exist and its very active. From NWO perspective, BitCoin cannot replace paper money, because lack of control.

BitCoin is a very good candidate for NWO money provided you can control it. For the time being, speculators are controlling it through open market, hence the high volatility. BitCoin will not replace USD, TPTB wont allow it to happen. TPTB already have other instruments they can use in case of USD collapse.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

hmmmmm

this is an interesting take on Bitcoin.

What a great way to get patriotic "tea party" types to buy into the new global currency if your hypothesis is correct.

I am a little creeped out right now just thinking about this as a possibility.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

This is my point though...maybe it was released ...wait til it stabilizes...some countries are resisting it as they are not part of the NWO or TPTB...insert whoever you want....

The thing is...we dont know who made it....maybe they do have complete control over it...if everything is stored online you cant take it out of the bank...you cant hoard it....its all stored online and controlled perfectly.... of course this only works if you believe the mystery composer was of that mindset...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The whole Bitcoin saga has been a roller coaster over the past few months and lately has seen better days, but it is hanging in there and will likely recover in time. Bitcoin's major problem lately has been attacks on the exchanges. Most were fine in a matter of days but a major one, Mtgox, spiraled down (around $100 USD) after they stopped allowing bitcoin withdrawals. Mtgox may be done for but Bitcoin should survive.

I've been mining on a small scale for several months now so I have a decent grasp of the subject.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
erm... you do realize that the fed and most national govts hates bit coin and will gladly stop it if they can. it's unlikely to make any secret shadow government or secret society very happy. they cannot control it's value and inflate deflate or print more of it. in short it bypasses them and they hate it.

that does not mean i like or trust bit coin either. i think it's kind of silly. but to suggest it's a NWO plot is kind of sillier considering it thwarts their absolute control of currency. which if you think of it it is the control of currency that makes all of these modern economies work for the ruling class. Your dollar is now worth about 22 cents compared to what it was before they started printing money at a whim.
edit on 21-2-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

stormbringer1701
the fed and most national govts hates bit coin and will gladly stop it if they can.

They got nothin'...

The way it goes down is this:

They treat it as a commodity (like they have been), the day traders make it do what it will, and the world keeps turning.

It would be utter insanity to piss that many geeks off.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

hmmmmm

this is an interesting take on Bitcoin.

What a great way to get patriotic "tea party" types to buy into the new global currency if your hypothesis is correct.

I am a little creeped out right now just thinking about this as a possibility.

I have considered this myself and it would be genius, there has been talk of a one world digital currency for years now, however in this case, it appears that the freedom lovers (in this case open source loving programmers) beat them to the punch.

Bitcoin regulates itself and the community of users store the data and make the transactions happen. There is no need for bankers and this scares the crap out of them. Without regulation though, there is no protection, so the user bears all of the risks. Bitcoin is kind of like cash in that way but with even less protection. So Bitcoin has pros and cons but what I like about Bitcoin more than anything is that people create the new bitcoin supply and not elite bankers. If I run some machines and spend a little money on electricity I can generate my own bitcoins and contribute to the whole system at the same time and that's pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

NWO Global Currency?

I don't think so. It's more anarchistic by nature. Open-source software written under a pseudonym, and designed to be distributed with no central authority. That is exactly the opposite of what a NWO agenda would want. They can't fully control it.

As for the authors name, if they published the bitcoin protocol/software under their real name, they'd have been jailed/killed pretty quickly. If there's a NWO currency system, it's already here, but it uses £ $ € and every other current "paper" currency. Any competition that takes away reliance from the worldwide oligopoly banking system, get's people hurt.

Bitcoin shifts control, from the banks, and back to the people. It may not be 100% successful in the near future, but we have to start somewhere and it sets a great example that a self-regulated decentralized currency can actually work.
edit on 21-2-2014 by sparks88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

Could we propose the opposite then....that this is a free currency...to break away from the NWO? I really have no idea either way...I just find Bitcoin so mysterious and interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by stormbringer1701

Could we propose the opposite then....that this is a free currency...to break away from the NWO? I really have no idea either way...I just find Bitcoin so mysterious and interesting.

Yes, but I still think we need to get back to using gold and silver too.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sparks88

Ya that is wishful thinking IMO, no since going from a corrupt system based on faith into a not so corrupt faith based currency. Bitcon is in no way stable and can manipulated just like the stock system. At least based on the understanding I have of it

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If you mean New World Order in that it will be the way things are done in the future, then yeah..

As with any crypto currency, is a novel idea and removes many of the restrictions with online transactions. Why pay a fee to a bank or company working as a gateway to financial institutions. Why put up with the arrogance of the likes of paypal and all their thieving ways.

It's a novel idea. It's created an entire sub system of currencies. And it's not going anywhere. It may evolve, but it is the future of online transactions.

This is the embryo. kicking the baby is what most people are doing. When the concept has matured and found it's legs it will be interesting to see the real world banks fight it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by FirePiston

I think you are right it dropped alot recently...but its back up to about $600 right now...I think when it dropped it was almost $900...it definitely bumps around quite a bit but its also still pretty new...

Oh okay forgive my ignorance. I barely know what a bitcoin is other than "I think" internet currency"
Firepiston

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The whole fear people have about a "NWO currency" is that all their spending habits can easily be tracked and it will be impossible to avoid taxes. Bitcoin provides a level of anonymity that an electronic NWO currency wouldn't have. It's also far too hard for them to control the money supply due to the decentralized mining process. If the government cannot manipulate the money supply and they can't easily see everything you do then it's of no use to them.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

True ..but we dont know who even made Bitcoin and what they have in place or other information they could be collecting..and for all I know Bitcoin could be the anti NWO as well....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

True ..but we dont know who even made Bitcoin and what they have in place or other information they could be collecting..and for all I know Bitcoin could be the anti NWO as well....

Why do you need to know who created it when you can read the full source code yourself? The code speaks for its self, it doesn't need a leader to explain why he created it just so he can be attacked by people who don't hold the same beliefs as him. It's a completely decentralized system, all you need to do is look at the code and you see everything it's capable of doing. If there was some secret code in their designed to track you then we'd know about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
My theory is if Hidden_Hand's info was legit, his statement about a global currency was in reference to Bitcoin. Bitcoin came onto the scene right when he predicted that a global currency would.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join