It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch This Teacher: “Preaching Crazy Conspiracy Theories”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

www.activistpost.com...
Jason Glicker is a substitute teacher at Grosse Pointe North High School in Detroit, MI. He recently had a discussion with his students about various topics that include September 11th, World War II, and false flag terror attacks. What makes Mr. Glicker’s approach a bit different from anything his students have ever heard before is that he doesn’t exactly subscribe to the “official” stories surrounding these historical events. Rather than following textbook curriculum, Glicker chose to share some alternative ideas. One of his students happened to capture it all on video and share it on the Internet. Now, parents and mainstream media outlets are up in arms, because according to them, his theories are a bit “bizarre.”

A little of what he is teaching:
news.yahoo.com...

“The ISI is funded indirectly by the CIA so, whether they knew it or not, they were funding the terrorists,” he explains. Then: “One of the hijackers, Mohamed Atta, he was not a Muslim extremist because, (a) He’d been living here for years. He had an American girlfriend. He was supposedly addicted to coc aine.”

Glicker argues that Atta was “not a Muslim extremist” because “if you’re a Muslim fundamentalist, you know, you would stick to, you know, the laws of Islam.” Next, a confused student asks why the September 11 terrorists killed themselves? “That’s where it gets weird,” the physics sub cheerfully responds. “That’s where I think it’s somewhere along the lines of something like MKUltra where they’re, like, brainwashing these people.”

And what students had to say:

“It is inappropriate for him to indoctrinate students without facts or logical discussion, especially in a physics class,” said the student who surreptitiously recorded the rant.

“Personally I feel that all opinions and perspectives should be valued, and yet there is an appropriate time and place for them,” the videographer added. “This was certainly not one of them.”

And now me..

Do I have a problem with this? Well, a little I would say because although I do believe 9/11 was staged (as many do) I also believe there is a time and place for this discussion. As the student says, “This was certainly not one of them.”

Will parents be angry? You betcha! Many don't want their kids exposed to conspiracy theories because they themselves do not believe anything other than the official story.

But then we have those that do believe the inside job of 9/11 but would want facts instead of whatever this guy is spouting. He actually has his own theories but fails to back anything up and that is not teaching.

And this I like: " The real indoctrination, at least for the student who caught this on video, has been successfully fulfilled and he can now join the ranks of his fellow police statists currently being educated throughout America."

MK Ultra, Jones Town, WW2, Iran Contra...

He's got some facts down but some others...? I actually hope he wakes a few up so that they feel curious enough to investigate on their own.

Here is what I feel all summed up:

"It’s shameful, but unfortunately a sign of our times, that anyone who questions the status quo and the official story is subjected to public ridicule by the very people who are supposed to investigate and keep our government in check."

Anyways...What do you think? Crazy....Or not? Personally, I kinda like this guy...

Peace

edit on 21-2-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think it was pretty cold to record him and then ruin his career by plastering it all over the Internet. We didn't see the beginning. Maybe a student asked about it due to some conversation they were having that was casual initially. It is a physics class - so why else would he be so off topic.

My kids teacher talks about conspiracies (non facts), and it doesn't bother me because my child and I talk about it, and we sort out truth from opinion - thereby teaching him to think about what everyone says critically. It isn't anything major but he has them. Such as - those 9/11 hijackers being crazy radicals (we know some had their families threatened so were forced), or the bible being a bunch of BS (didn't say BS but definitely eluded to it). Your kids will meet all kinds of people (and teachers are people). I think the lesson here should be - treat others as you would like to be treated. Why wasn't this man given a chance to discuss this in private. Why didn't the student approach him if it bothered them that bad? Or go to the principal? This is a cowardly way to go about communicating your grievances IMO.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Dianec because: I'm a sloppy types tonight.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think that substitute teacher is one of our own! He's gotta have an ATS account! Maybe he's even gonna post in this thread!

I would have a bit of a problem, if my kids were in the class, but he was only a sub in a physics class. Kids are going to hear all kinds of theories, eventually. At least he wasn't some "role model" coaches, or something.....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Dianec
I think it was pretty cold to record him and then ruin his career by plastering it all over the Internet. We didn't see the beginning. Maybe a student asked about it due to some conversation they were having that was casual initially. It is a physics class - so why else would he be so off topic.

My kids teacher talks about conspiracies (non facts), and it doesn't bother me because my child and I talk about it, and we sort out truth from opinion - thereby teaching him to think about what everyone says critically. It isn't anything major but he has them. Such as - those 9/11 hijackers being crazy radicals (we know some had their families threatened so were forced), or the bible being a bunch of BS (didn't say BS but definitely eluded to it). Your kids will meet all kinds of people (and teachers are people). I think the lesson here should be - treat others as you would like to be treated. Why wasn't this man given a chance to discuss this in private. Why didn't the student approach him if it bothered them that bad? Or go to the principal? This is a cowardly way to go about communicating your grievances IMO.
edit on 21-2-2014 by Dianec because: I'm a sloppy types tonight.

The student wanted to post on the net and have 15 minutes of fame at the expense of another. Simple.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by jude11

I think that substitute teacher is one of our own! He's gotta have an ATS account! Maybe he's even gonna post in this thread!

I would have a bit of a problem, if my kids were in the class, but he was only a sub in a physics class. Kids are going to hear all kinds of theories, eventually. At least he wasn't some "role model" coaches, or something.....

Kids should be exposed to alternative thinking and theories such as this. But we all know what happens when you stand and deliver...

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know - so destructive. This kid needs to learn about being human before they can learn about the facts they say they should be learning. Brain power is no substitute for a heart.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Give the little bastards all the common core they can swallow!! They deserve it now!!

I hope somebody sends this guy an invite to ATS!!
I'll help him get some of his facts straight on the Iran-Contra scandal.

Seriously?? What was this guy thinking? They played this fellow ... oh so hard. -Face palm.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm all for teaching kids alternatives to and problems with the official stories of events such as 9/11, but how about presenting a couple simple points in an organized fashion instead of rambling on like a yutz?

Since it's a physics class, why not explain the controversy over the physics behind the collapse of the Twin Towers a la Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth?

Alternatively, hows about passing out copies of the Operation Northwoods document and having a nice discussion about it?

I appreciate his intention, but it was a poor performance and will probably get him in some hot water.

edit on 21-2-2014 by zazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

zazen
I'm all for teaching kids alternatives to and problems with the official stories of events such as 9/11, but how about presenting a couple simple points in an organized fashion instead of rambling on like a yutz?

Since it's a physics class, why not explain the controversy over the physics behind the collapse of the Twin Towers a la Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth?

Alternatively, hows about passing out copies of the Operation Northwoods document and having a nice discussion about it?

I appreciate his intention, but it was a poor performance and will probably get him in some hot water.

100% agreed.

He could have approached the topics with documented facts and provided handouts or even shown the internet on the big screen with sites such as ATS and its researchers.

Quite a few informative videos out there as well.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does he not say he merely offered alternative theories to events in history? It's not like he said "this is how it is". Another point is that some conspiracy theories actually turned out to be factual.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

That funny - put up a PowerPoint with some ATS posts
. Now that would get him into trouble.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The guy is a sub, it's a glorified babysitter position. I don't think it matters what class it was, this guy was just killing time, bs'ing with the students. It's sad that we live in a time where this guy expressing an opinion that's different than the accepted norm is considered both preaching and crazy. If he was teaching state sponsored indoctrination there wouldn't have been a problem in the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Remember when the Nazis taught kids to stick in anyone who questioned the regime?
Well you have just seen this in action in America. The kids are brainwashed.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well orwell did predict in "1984" that it would be the kids keeping the people in line ..the " thought " police win again

we are really heading to a crappy world if this continues,free speech and free thinking is looking more and more like a thing of the past....question the status quo and get ready for the gestapo to come knocking at your door

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yep, get the kids paranoid and scared at a young, impressionable age, that'll teach them how to have an open mind.

There is a time and place for it, but only when a kid is at an age where they can discern BS from truth.

But who knows what age that is, there's plenty of adults who can't do that...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh this teacher is most definitely an ATS member without a doubt! Where else would he get all this information he is talking about? Mmmm...which one is he?

Would love him to be my son's teacher... I would be wrapped. He might actually learn something about real life.
edit on 22/2/14 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Wow. So, the Japanese in WWII were "terrorists" and the U.S. knew that they were going to attack the U.S. because why? I guess he missed the fact that Japan was ALREADY at war in the Far East, and they Japanese would have had to attack the US in some way, and some point anyway? the sanctions the US had enacted against Japan for they're military operations in the far East were starting to take they're toll. And if you want to educate kids about terrorism, maybe since he wanted to talk about WWII, he might have brought up Nanking. Just saying. But the Japanese were NOT terrorists. kinda cool vid. . K Ultra. funny.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Independent and critical thinking, this is what that he was teaching these kids. And it IS the job of an educator btw.

This is actually very important in real life, how to independently think as well as critical thinking. I think such things should be taught much earlier than they are.

When you are a substitute teacher, you only have a day, two tops with each class so a sub is faced with how best to use that time... you can a. do nothing with it or b. teach the next page in the book and no one will listen to you or c. work on a little critical or independent thinking.

While he may have been wrong to interject his own thoughts, he should have allowed the children more time to interject theirs, but conspiracy theory is all about critical thinking, and independent thinking.

www.ndt-ed.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

DrunkYogi
Remember when the Nazis taught kids to stick in anyone who questioned the regime?
Well you have just seen this in action in America. The kids are brainwashed.

I totally agree, and that to me, is the ONLY scarey part of this whole story.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wasn't this an ad hoc discussion? Also isn't there a freedom of speech principal here also. Surely it does kids good to think after all, they didn't have to accept what the guy told them and he certainly gave them things to at least think about.

I listened to my maths teacher for months droning on about why I should learn how quickly it would take to fill a bath tub with water. In the classroom he was always telling me I would need this information and I certainly didn't believe or take him seriously because even at 8 I could make up my own mind. How many parents out there are not religious yet don'[t complain when their kids are subjected to religion being taught rather than extra maths or another language etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join