It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Thread One Million! (coming soon)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

At the moment, the average has been running remarkably steady at 150 new numbers a day.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The most recent thread number is 999661.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

edit on 26-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Does the person who starts the one millionth thread get a cupie doll or something?
A gold star for the avatar? etc etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, the collective imaginations of the Mods ought to be able to come up with something interesting.
Perhaps one or more of the "secret" threads is discussing the subject even now.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The actual number at the moment is 985,446 found here: www.abovetopsecret.com... in the upper left sidebar, under "board stats".

The number you see in the URL includes, complaints, alerts, staff threads, etc... We only count the threads our members create on the topics that interest them.

Considering we get about 100 (= or -) new topics a day, I'd say that by June or July we'll have a million topics/threads, barring any huge event that expedites new thread creation. That's a huge milestone and there will be some "goings on" to celebrate it.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

What I've been talking about in this thread is "the thread numbered one million", that is the thread which has that identity number attached to it, just as this thread is numbered 998950.
That one, at the current rate of use of thread numbers, is likely to appear at some point tomorrow afternoon.

edit on 27-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The most recent thread number is 999851.
150 to go- I give it twenty-four hours.

That increase includes a massive jump in the "New Topics" list from 808 to 830, the intervening numbers being "invisible".
There must be a dickens of a lot of talking going on behind the scenes.
What about, I wonder?
It's a Mod world, my masters.

edit on 27-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So, the day when thread numbers go over a million has finally arrived.
On the day I've been predicting since the beginning of the week (but a few hours earlier, to be honest, than I would have originally calculated).

Two other predictions also came true.
This one in the OP, unfortunately;

Or if the number “one million” is taken up by an “Alert” message, we won’t be allowed to see it anyway.

As the number "one million" was invisible, it must have been in the private forums, at least.

But also this one;

Wrabbit2000
Just wait and see... It'll be some totally new member who honestly never signed up or spent time here before who gets the lucky honor. The way things go, 999,999 will be the thread right before the new person makes their cautious and tentative intro to say Hiya to the new community when... W H A M M O ! Welcome as the 1 millionth thread maker!

Not quite, as it happens.
This was someone who had been a member since 2011, making his first post, so it might have been very conscious.
Anyway, here is the Intro thread which broke the barrier and became thread one million and one;

IgnoreDenial's Intro thread

edit on 28-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
P.S. Since one of the staff has expressed a preference for a different interpretation of "millionth thread", I reserve the right to consider it a conspiracy, that the number "one million" was taken up behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Cool! Looking forward to those particular goings on when the time arrives!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Since Springer is kinda like God and you are in his heaven, looks like what he says goes...

But look on the bright side, because of you we all have something to look forward to in June or July! WOOHOO!

(....he is so not a staff member disraeli... so not a staff member)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
are we at the million mark yet anyone or did i miss the party

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

The thread numbered one million has been reached, but the actual millionth thread hasn't been.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by 999zxcv

The thread numbered one million has been reached, but the actual millionth thread hasn't been.

i am shocked it did not get more attention did they at least get a t-shirt

thanks zaphod

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

The milestone we hit includes staff only threads. Later this year, when we hit one milllion member threads (without the staff threads) you'll see more attention to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by 999zxcv

The milestone we hit includes staff only threads. Later this year, when we hit one milllion member threads (without the staff threads) you'll see more attention to it.

i can feel a party brewing and some serious writing by the members here to be the one to get the accolade

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

I announced the answer to your first question earlier on this page, in the post of Feb 28th.
The actual thread numbered "one million" was taken up by something behind the scenes, so it could not be celebrated anyway.
The first public thread above that number was an Intro thread. I provided a link if you're curious.

Staff had already decided, it seems, to play down that target and go for the millionth (public) topic as defined on the stats page.
But I don't think those stats are updated in real time. As far as I can see, that makes it impossible for anyone to deliberately aim at putting up the millionth topic.
If the staff announce that a certain thread has been the millionth topic, we will just have to take their word for it (conspiracy opening there).

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Nice thread friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join