It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Obama I: "Problem... is I'm not the emperor of the United States"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The man could be made out of star dust, sprinkles and sugar -- people would still hate him. Obama could solve all the worlds problems and bring people back from the dead...people would still hate him.

Sometimes I feel the anti-Obama rhetoric is very reminiscent of hating an NFL football team's quarterback. I hear the same level (maybe more) of rabble and distaste for men like Peyton Manning as I do for Obama.

Really America, really? Is politics nothing more than a spectator sport to you? Most good Americans hate "bandwagon" NFL fans, and the anti-Obama "team" smells a lot like a bandwagon to me.

It's easy to jump on board the hate-train, negativity feels good to dish out. Just remember, it's easier to dish out than it is to take.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Being driven by bias and propaganda, blindly supporting destructive agendas that are doing more harm than good is just as bad as those who ignorantly express contempt and hatred.

You don't have to hate or love the man.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Taken out of context. This is a non issue. You guys kill me. I hope you hold the next president under this much scrutiny even if they're Republicans, but I somehow think you'll let the guys on the right get a free pass. Am I right?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

It's much easier to point out what someone is doing wrong than what they're doing right. Dishing out scrutiny and negativity feels good, and it also shifts and misdirects the attention/focus from the real issues.

It bothers me that no matter who it is, or what they do -- we can't like our President.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It's all a matter of perspective, I can remember being critical of the Bush administration, and being accused of being a left wing hater.

It's too bad that people limit themselves because of their own bias.

If I criticize this president, or jest negatively about him, I am a right wing racist hater.

Am I both?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The trend is easy to see. Those on the Right Criticize the left and those on the left Criticize the right. They seem to never turn that critical eye on their own side. Why are there even sides anyway? With Obama, though, and this thread is a key example. Those on the right, aren't just criticizing his policies as they should but their making up stuff and attacking him personally as in the "emperor" stuff. Why is that necessary? Why make up something when you could be just criticizing a policy and then coming up with what you think is a better solution? Makes no sense.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Were you around for all of the Bush/Cheney threads?

Comparisons to Hitler, hilarious parodies, insulting images, wild baseless allegations etc.

New day, new president same old BS?

No place in any of this for a centrist.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by amazing

Were you around for all of the Bush/Cheney threads?

Comparisons to Hitler, hilarious parodies, insulting images, wild baseless allegations etc.

New day, new president same old BS?

No place in any of this for a centrist.

We're ALL centrists at heart though and just because it happened to Bush doesn't mean it's right to do it to this president or the next. It's not. When it comes to work or business or family or getting stuff done and working together in real life, there are no political parties. Republican IT personnel fix printers for Democratic Mangers in the collections department. Democrat soldiers cover their republican squad mates in combat. Conservative teachers work on curriculums with liberal teachers. It's only when talking about politics and our leaders that such things actually come up. It's only now, that we get brainwashed by the media.

When I say we're all the same...we all want the same things we just say it differently. Even if you're pro choice you don't like abortions. Even if you fight against 'global warming' you want more fuel efficient cars and less smog. We all want the same things, we're just too hard headed to meet in the middle and work it out...when it comes to politics.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

This guy is a joke who changes to appease or trick the people. The guy was power hungry and it's only shown that he is a real life Senator Palpatine. He's a snake in the grass who criticized the other party and then did the exact same thing, and worse. So many would give him the world simply because of his skin color and it's somehow taboo to criticize someone who isn't white.

reply to post by tothetenthpower

Except he sees the current framework as a burden and hinderance of his power, just look at the last State of the Union Address. So many like him would have the Executive legislate law instead of implementing and executing laws. So much of what he has done is completely illegal and unconstitutional.

reply to post by DeepVisions

Just as George Washington wanted.

Except his policies, decision-making, and leadership have been poor at best. I don't despise him because of party, race, religion, and so on, but rather by his actions.

reply to post by amazing

I criticize both sides of the coin.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yeah well Illegals should be deported.

We do have laws.

They are for everyone or no one.

Obama as president doesn't get to pick and choose what laws are to be enforced.

What laws matter.

Even though he has clearly has picked what laws matter, and what laws don't.

Even sicking the DHS, and DOJ stopping States from enforcing their own laws.

On immigration in this case, and voter ID.

The dozen plus delays on the Care Act.

He says one thing, and does the exact opposite.
edit on 18-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

ausername

tothetenthpower

You're taking what he said out of context.

He means that it's not as easy as he proclaiming himself emperor and just creating laws or policy that the rest of us have to follow.
~Tenth

He has the "pen" and has used it despite congress, ethical application of executive powers, and rule of law.

He's about as close to an emperor as a president can possibly get.

Context is irrelevant.

yeah right, can't have him acting all uppity like white presidents...the boy needs to know his place, is basically what you are saying

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

jimmyx

ausername

tothetenthpower

He means that it's not as easy as he proclaiming himself emperor and just creating laws or policy that the rest of us have to follow.
~Tenth

He has the "pen" and has used it despite congress, ethical application of executive powers, and rule of law.

Context is irrelevant.

yeah right, can't have him acting all uppity like white presidents...the boy needs to know his place, is basically what you are saying

This has to be the most ignorant thing I have read in days.

Stick a fork in it...whatever shred of credibility jimmyx had is gone.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Reminds me a lot of this quote, which a lot of people grumbled about and a lot of those so outraged by obama's quotes defended:

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it." -George W. Bush Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

hmmm....funny how hypocritical and willing to let themselves be made fools of some people are...
edit on 18-2-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Personally I don't worry as much about this current admin as i do the next, or the one after that. The scary thing about the current trajectory, in my opinion, is precedence. Once a previous President has done something, it's easier for the next one to do it. "He did it, so can I", or "They did it, so can we."

All the doors are being unlocked and the barriers removed so that in a not too distant future the President of the US will become a true dictator.

Just my opinion of course

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
To be honest I would much prefer it if THE MAN IN CHARGE did actualy just step out from behind the curtain and just tell us the partys over, we the people know whats going on, they know we know so lets just stop all this "democracy" silliness, if we just all keep going to our work and dont panic like the dumb monkeys we are, its all going to be fine and we will no longer have to suffer another "celebrity" trying to invade our minds with consumer junk.

Id be happy with that, thats how it is, may aswell just be honest about it. This illusion they insist on maintaining sure does take up a lot of time and resources id imagine, so just dispense with it, seems pretty inefficient to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

jimmyx

ausername

tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Context is irrelevant.

the ignorance is all in the OP's opening post...references to an "emperor" defies the meaning of that word...Obama's use of the executive order is the same as every other presidents usage of it...references to mass murderers such as Stalin and Hitler, somehow being equal to Obama, is shear delusional fantasy. and yet....I'm the one without a shred of credibility?....

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Like everything that has to do with human nature, with power comes with great responsibilities, sadly it also comes with corruption, our government is full of corruption and that corruption comes with the fact that private interest have their roots too deep in government

It has been like that for decades, hating the government is not new but most of the hate comes due to the broken promises and deceiving nature of most politicians once they are in power.
edit on 18-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Did you not watch the video?

Obama was pretty clear on his "reasoning".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

jimmyx

bigfatfurrytexan

jimmyx

ausername

tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Context is irrelevant.

the ignorance is all in the OP's opening post...references to an "emperor" defies the meaning of that word...Obama's use of the executive order is the same as every other presidents usage of it...references to mass murderers such as Stalin and Hitler, somehow being equal to Obama, is shear delusional fantasy. and yet....I'm the one without a shred of credibility?....

Yup. because you leveraged the race card in an attempt at jab at someone. There was nothing in honest in what you said, nor insightful. You just lashed out by shoehorning the race card in.

Race wasn't brought up until you did. Its cheap and disgusting behavior I can't stand the republicans...but the crap like this I see from you democrats makes me dislike the DNC even more.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join