It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does One lose their Drive in Life? OPP'S!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hate it when I told myself not to hit the return button!

Here I can have pretty much anything I could want, yet I find I want nothing. Do find this strange since I lost any interest doing whatever. Now do not take this wrong, I'm not rich, nor live is some larger house that rooms are not needed. Do work, everyday except on Sundays since for one things for sure; Rest!

Other then living in the middle of no where land, things are okay. Sure something could come my way indeed, yet might just make Life more interesting. Very small town, people would rather make stories then actually talk to you and when they do, add to the Story!

So, having said that lets begin. When you look at your Life, I mean Really! What do you see? Happyness is only a state of mind and not something to seek, yet I wonder why finding Happyness leaves you in a blank state of mind.

I could try to change this, mess with that some. Hell we all Play don't we? Next is the God issue, good luck! Found more issues in that then in my whole life so have to leave Him out yet there. Could get out more offten, everyday I meet new people at work anyways and half to hold my lips from moving! Nothing like hearing others people problems, yet do nothing to solve them themselves.

Yet here I have one. Everything seems to be in No Drive mode, so how did I get to this point? Checked everything so it has to be within myself. Worlds gone mad so maybe I'm slow in catching up lol.

So what is Drive? I can get into any project and do it, Love something New; like the bathroom. Killing me yet I shall complete my new task. How to explain the lack of drive is somewhat odd. Their is nothing I actually want except Peace on Earth, roam the Stars!

Strange to be actually saying I want nothing! Here I have everything around yet I am neither Happy nor Sad. I can Choose and find I have both at the same time! For once in my Life, I could say I am Stuck!

Make new plans, done that. Seek God, okay there. Try breathing under water, sit up right for days, eat nothing......... and do the rest of the things most claim it will work. Does on various levels though, yet I'm still Stuck.

Voices are in check, everything is okay and Life will toss out the odd parts for me to deal with for sure. I'm still not bothered. What comes my way it's okay that bothers me! Fear is knowing this really.

Could just drop everything, does not work! Looked into fixing everything, tryed that one and sometimes things do not Need to be Fixed unless you would like them to get worst.

Any one Feel this way? Maybe its just a phase in one's life to be learned, accepted and go from there. Could be I need to hit the Mad Button, lol its already mad out there so i'll skip that. So if you have any idea's on this so-called problem let me know!

Funny how Life keeps me from deleting this OP so it must have its point in all this too! Why did I Hit the Return Button?

Peace
edit on 16-2-2014 by infoseeker26754 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I lost my drive looking at this blank thread... now you know.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I too would like to know the answer to that question.
Or more importantly...how does One get it back?
jacy

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Even tho this OP is blank I can give you an insight on how i lost mine...

First I came to the USA for college

Then I lost my student status and became unlawful(wasnt able to pay for 1semester so they cancelled my I-94)

Broken by the fact that I will not be seeing my family and loved ones anytime soon since i have to stay here and work for their financial needs,

And although I worked non stop for 7 years I have nothing to show for myself

Stop calling back home because it hurt too much(same way inmates in death row refuse visits,or spies not taking pictures of loved ones when they go in deep cover)

'Friends" here used and abused me to get ahead so i cut the bridges

But all and all it might have to do with the fact that MY SON IS 6 AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM OR HOLD HIM IN MY ARMS
edit on 16-2-2014 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

I'm sorry to hear all that, wildapache...
My road has been harsh too.

To be honest, reading the thread title...and then seeing an empty first post...likely made me notice the question more...?
It would be nice if the OP said something, lol.
jacy

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Could you go to your consulate, and ask to be deported? That at least would get you back home to see your family.

If you don't want to be where you are, and you are not there in a legal status, that is what deportation laws are for.

Something to consider...

Des

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

My daughter left not only her drive, but her whole laptop on top of her car while putting the baby in the capsule.

That's how she lost hers.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Yeah JACY it's a tough world out there...But i have decided to go back...all these years i have paid taxes(used my student issued

social security number to work outside of campus),so wednesday i will give myself up to the INS and they will have to use that

money to deport me since they won't use it to legalize me)

Hey OP say something..........

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I used to be ambitious and driven by the sense of success in my drive to conquer the world...

But I don't consider stepping onto the necks of those who would be bringing success to me as an option.

I won't be sabotaging others happiness for the sake of my own.

I won't caress the same sword that kills my brothers and sisters born of the womb...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I struggled with that idea for years and its not that easy(although now i made my mind).My country is second or third from the

bottom,its bad and i mean really bad;no jobs if you ain't connected).So i have to choose between Happiness and financial

security for my son.....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Wow. I really am sorry.
I hope it all goes well for you.
jacy

Hey infoseeker....are you just seeking info here, or are you going to participate?
edit on 16-2-2014 by jacygirl because: more to say

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thanks Jacy I will be alright...i guess

I survived NYC
i think i can make it

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Wildapache...I think you may be selling yourself short. I bet your years of experience here, have given you new talents to use in your home country, to help you find a job to provide financial security to your Son.

Plus you have so many things to teach your son, from your travels and experiences. Things he can only learn from you, his Father. That is something money can't buy.

I wish you the best of luck in your new life with your Son. I have faith in you.

Des

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Before I go I think i will write an open letter to president O in one of those newspapers,just to remind him that after 1 term and 2years,he still hasn't done anything about immigrants.

A lot of people on ATS have this misconceived idea of THE LIFE OF IMMIGRANTS HERE.

Although i could have been arrested for working with my SSN outside of campus,I never worked off the books,filed my taxes

up to 2011,thats when i became scared that filing my taxes will draw attention on me and get me deported9so i just paid taxes without filing my return taxes).

I am well versed in English(i come from a french speaking country),know the history of the US from puritan times til now),will discuss politics with anyone who deem themselves versed in politics,self educated in astrophysics,since i am great in math and physics(yes i had to illegally download textbooks online so i can teach myself) and was considering adding Mechanical engineering.

So No NOT ALL ILLEGALS(UNLAWFUL) ARE LAZY ASSES WHO SEAT AROUND DOING NOTHING,TAKING ADVANTAGE OF FREE THIS OR FREE THAT.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

THAT RIGHT THERE,is what is driving me now...MY SON. Thanks for your vote of confidence,really needed it and much appreciate it

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Are you down with OPP?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm sorry that life has been so tough on you. I guess on the bright side, you will finally be back with your family and can get to know your son.

My life has been tough for years now. I used to just pick myself up and moved aead. I guess after going through so much crap for so long you just don't know how to get back up again. I take one day at a time and try like hell to make the best of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It pains me to hear this. Something I have to deal with myself ony on a different level. Mother was/is Dir of SS back in the day and used the Qrandmother crap, undercover. So I pay, eveyday with interest lol with a child who is now 21 and see me as evil yet does not know me! Since he did ask the question anyways, I told him yet them yrs did take the toll.

Whatever you do, do not Walk away! You know the line, tried everything so walk away and let Life go it's own way! You can loss sometimes doing this. And how does one know to walk away anyways? Worst case is losing contact with your child! So many yrs I've done that I shall carry it over in my next life!

Since I know Child protected Services; as a kid reading my mothers notes it all about the Money! Could care less about the family as long as they are in the door! Glad you do not have the problem as most do having them in your life. Coming at your door asking questions when the one who is asking is only in their 20's! And never had a child!

Never lose contact and Demand having time with your Child! Where is your child though? US as far as I know, visitation is the rule. Rule # 1 is; "In the Best Intrest of Said Child!" Money is not needed, since if you are below said income. A lawyer Shall Be Given!

That is a Drive Worth Having!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Thanks Homer!

Duh? One would think ATS would have fixed this one small problem, for us Older People playing with computers. A page is a page until you turn it. Or at least jump you to the next box before Reply.

Then again a post-a-note on moniter might help!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This I could only ask here, being Happyness is a state of mind really. I can break down and say for a fact within. I am Happy with most things in my life. Sure things could have been worst, yet I see Happyness in various parts of my life and I, ................... Became Used to it?

Really I should have named this, I've found Happyness and Now What? I'm having issues with this. Everyday goes as the same old thing. I have done many various different jobs, change living, people. Have even walked away when all else failed.

Although I have heared I'm way to giving, soft and kind. One would never know the Voices I have until now that would say otherwise, until now. Come on People! You know the thoughts that go through ones mind, Like being a super hero, going all black Ops, being the Devil Himself?

LOL! Just no Killing! Although some could use the B Slap!

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join