It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FB video: 200(?) Begging Bunnies mob a girl for food! Where is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've searched for this video on youtube and other sources, but, it would appear it's only on FaceBook.

The video shows about 200 Begging Bunnies mobbing a girl for food.
I'm unsure of the location, but, from what I gather, this is an island and the Bunnies are solely dependent on the charity of tourists and locals to feed them.

Here's a screen cap:

Thus, we've the evolution of bunnies into hoppy pigeons

Here's the Video Link

I don't know if one needs be a member of FB, or logged in to view video since it's public.
I also don't know how to imbed such video from the FB source (sorry), or grab it for reposting at a more sharing embed-friendly location.

If anyone knows the location of where these Beggar Bunnies mob people for food, or knows how to snag video for embedding here, contributions will be appreciated.

edit on 2/15/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Neat.

Probably in Southern China or Hong Kong, or Singapore.

Which one is beezzer or Wrabbit? That's the real question !!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Easter Island....

Oh No! Did I really say that out loud....

Des

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Geeze, all you have to do is stamp your feet and the rabbits will all run. Then you slip and fall on those little ball bearings they conveniently dropped when you scared them. This is followed by the bunnies all coming back and attacking you while you lay on the ground, eating everything including your clothes.

I couldn't watch the Link, I don't know if it is temporarily down

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think it may be Ōkunoshima.

en.wikipedia.org...

Many rabbits live on the island. When the island was developed as a park after World War II, these rabbits were intentionally set loose. Many rabbits were used in the chemical munitions plant to test the effectiveness of the chemical weapons during World War II; however, those rabbits were killed when the factory was demolished. According to Murakami, the former director of the poison gas museum, the current rabbits have nothing to do with those that were involved with chemical weapon tests.[4] Hunting these creatures is forbidden and dogs and cats may not be taken onto the island. The ruins of the old forts and the gas factory can be found all over the island; entry is prohibited as it is too dangerous. Since it is part of the Inland Sea National Park system of Japan, there is a resource center and across the way is the museum.

And this:

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

The island of Ōkunoshima once served as a secret military installation responsible for pumping out toxic chemicals during World War II. Decades later, the Japanese island is now renowned for its tourism -- but not the kind associated with former military bases and abandoned factories. Instead, tourists travel to the island in search of one thing: bunnies.

Okay, technically they're rabbits; hence Ōkunoshima's moniker of "Rabbit Island", but whatever travellers want to call them doesn't change the fact that the island's fluffy inhabitants are all sorts of cute.

For 16 years, Japan's Imperial Army used the island to produce kilotons of deadly mustard gas. The island was selected for its remoteness and in case there was an accident, major cities like Tokyo would be spared from disaster. As with the ugliness of war, Japanese researchers brought rabbits to the island as test subjects for the poison, according to Amusing Planet.

After the Empire of The Rising Sun was defeated by the Allies at the end of World War II, the facility was shut down and the bunnies were released back into the wild, while the Los Angeles Times suggests it was a group of school children who released eight test bunnies into the predator-free wild where they've multiplied to over 300 long-eared little critters.

The island's many furry little residents have created something of a tourism boom for Ōkunoshima, drawing in thousands of travellers either to take photos of the hordes of bunnies by their feet or to see the island's other attraction: the national Poison Gas Museum.

And The Island's Website: www.qkamura.or.jp...

edit on 2/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks for all the info Kange....really interesting. I must say it's an island I would like to visit. I have a soft spot for cute, fluffy bunnies.

Don't let that go to your heads Beeze, and Wrabbit.

Des

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Destinyone

Thanks for all the info Kange....really interesting. I must say it's an island I would like to visit. I have a soft spot for cute, fluffy bunnies.

Don't let that go to your heads Beeze, and Wrabbit.

Des

No problem. I had seen it a while back and looked into it, because I have a soft spot for them too.
I also have a soft spot for cats in Joker face... but alas.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Thankyou for that information!
If I could give you more stars I would.

reply to post by rickymouse

Yes, I just checked too, and it does indeed appear the video was removed.
That's Facebook for you.

I'm going to look for other videos that may be similar that can be posted to make up for the loss.
I'm glad I at least did a screen capture.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Thankyou for that information!
If I could give you more stars I would.

reply to post by rickymouse

Yes, I just checked too, and it does indeed appear the video was removed.
That's Facebook for you.

I'm going to look for other videos that may be similar that can be posted to make up for the loss.
I'm glad I at least did a screen capture.

Aww. shucks.

I added a video. If you do a search for the island through youtube there are more videos than you can shake a carrot at.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Yes, thank you.
I found a few other videos.

These bunnies are everywhere!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
"When cuteness attacks"

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Easter Island....

Oh No! Did I really say that out loud....

reply to post by Destinyone

Maybe this island should swap names with Easter Island, it's more fitting.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It would be far kinder to have these poor creatures fixed so they can't breed. This is a situation that could get way out of hand. Looks like a lot of competition for a few little bits of food here and there from tourists.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
As long as they don't start growing, I think everything will be fine.

Night of the Lepus

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

ArMaP
As long as they don't start growing, I think everything will be fine.

Night of the Lepus

In my home area the hawks are the ones who swarm the bunnies. We have three or four hawks who "own" the territory, and they are an everyday sight, swooping down streets (even turning corners), circling, and doing their hawk things.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Today Ōkunoshima, tomorrow THE WORLD!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

beezzer
Today Ōkunoshima, tomorrow THE WORLD!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha

Have you been neutered yet there Mr. Bunny?? LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
rabbit stew isn't on the menu in the place were the video was shot.

I remember Mixo wiped out some of our rabbits the population is only just coming back...

top topics

join