It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelled to Talk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I find myself compelled this late Valentine's Day evening: My wife's asleep and the quiet hum of the refrigerator lulls me into a calmness. In this calmness of body, I find my mind racing with thoughts and recollections of Arthur C. Clarke's '2061: Odyssey Three'; A book I read a year ago while I was wrapped up in physics experiments within the Kerbal Space Program. I only mention the simulator, because it was so enthralling to play. The book though, feels more like a personal memory and not just a story I once read.

Memories themselves perplex the mind: I for one am a keen proponent of Genetic Memories, by which [certain] memories are stored within a person's DNA. There's a ton of information on this that can be found on the web, but this topic is not the focus of this thread. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure where the methodic taps and clicks of my fingers on these keys will lead my mind tonight.

Beyond memories, are what I like to recall as foundational recollections. Considering what a foundation is and what purpose one serves, it's interesting to consider the fact that all living things have a platform from which they are based, extrapolated, built, and expanded upon. Imagine what those words mean when in the context of a sentient being: 'based', 'extrapolated', 'built', 'expanded'. For it is without a base, a point from of which to build upon, a building cannot stand; Much less [a building cannot] last a century.

There are few places in the world that life does not exist. So it's stands to reason that similar extremophile life can exist on other worlds, if not within space itself. Right, you think. There is one atom of hydrogen for every 9 cubic meters of empty space. Consider the size that we consider 'big' and 'small', then attempt to contemplate a being so vast in it's own size, that the spacing of hydrogen atoms in space is considered dense. What would our world be classified as if that being was aware of our infinitesimal existence? An electron circling a nucleus? Rather similar to an atom's construction isn't it?

I'd like to know why the repeating pattern of objects orbiting other objects is a pattern in the universe that's repeated time and again in every size and dimension imaginable. Could the electron cloud simply be atoms floating within cubic nanometers of space and time? Who knows.

The correlation between these aforementioned subjects is unbenounced to me, but perhaps you'll find it. There's purpose in all things we think, all things we contemplate, all things we believe in and consider. There are repeating patterns in everything you can possibly conceive: Nothing is random, nothing is chaos. If you can mathematically prove chaos exists, I'll listen. Otherwise, there's a pattern, a base, a foundation to this universe that has outlasted civilizations, and the creation of the universe itself: A master program, if you will. You cannot edit it, for it is written in a code that is the fabric of reality.

That being said, there are algorithms for individual manipulations within the source code. These individual algorithms are what allow us to steer the course of our own lives, however we see fit. Now, for whatever reason, we are unique in this ability. As a species, we have decided to manipulate our environment to suit our wants and not only our needs. No other species shares this attribute of going so far above and beyond their own means of survival.

Now some of you may retort with thoughts of evolution and how that's what has differentiated us from the other species we share this planet with. Historically, we are one of the youngest species on the planet and there's no reason that we are what we are today. Compared to fish, reptiles, and others...they have "evolved" naturally to their absolute pinnacle then they've stayed very much the same for millions of years without fear of extinction, plague, sickness, internal termoil, or any other internal or external natural threat. Humans though, are one of the weakest physical animals on the planet: We sun burn easily as if our skin wasn't used to the sun; We get sick as if our immune systems are still having a hard time learning our environment; We have varying health issues and ailments that all cause us to age disgracefully and in many cases in pain. If we were 'evolved' to our pinnacle, we'd be without the need to construct massive metropolises of frivolous uselessness.

Climbing back off that limb and back to the trunk, I find myself wondering what sorts of responses this thread will receive, if any. If I can recommend anything, read Arthur C Clarke's '2061: Odyssey Three.' It's a thought provoking book that was written in 1987 that contemplates an extraterrestrial intelligence that directs and mediates the actions of humans within our own solar system.

Alas, one can consider the following to no end: If the universe's unifying foundational patterns are consistent enough to repeat throughout the universes substrates, volumes, and dimensions in another, larger, a less obvious repeating pattern: Couldn't that be considered as intelligence all on it's own? How you might ask? 011001010100101010....Binary code is the substrate of our entire technological base and we consider that 'artificial intelligence.' One step further down my rabbit hole: What if that universal intelligence was aware of itself, the actions of all living beings, and through it's repeating patterns was omnipresent, all powerful, self-enlightening, and all knowing?

I'll be honest. I was not expecting this thread to end up with those subjects, or that conclusion, if you can even call it that. I'm just rambling tonight because I felt like writing. There's a certain therapy in writing that can be felt when one allows their mind to flow and their fingers to communicate the ideas through a context that others can understand. It's only the barrier of whether or not one's audience is intelligent enough to contemplate the aggregate of reality, while remaining firmly planted in comparable ideologies.

God Bless.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Not sure if this relates at all to you, but you got me thinking, and seeing how my girl is sleeping, here I am.
I never read that book, but thanks for the recommendation.

Sometimes I say I believe in God, and that nothing can be truthfully random in a world of cause and effect.

You said it much better though. I on the other hand confuse both religious people and atheists. Neither can see what I mean by that word.

My first outside the matrix thinking was that there is no death. So I ran with that and decided life didn't matter. This caused problems as I am still here "alive." From there I decided that I can only do one thing at a time so I may as well ride this life till the wheels fall off (party hard).. Then I got bored and wanted to escape this "false" reality. But what if I end up in another dream?? So scratch that. I have to get to base reality or source. Hasn't worked, but I think I know why now..

I'm in the game because I am the game. I cannot ever get outside myself. I can think I am getting outside but really I am only more of me. Ok damn that's lonely in a way huh? depressing I thought, maybe still do.. But, everything being relative do I really need to get to the middle to see how everything orbits around me, or am I always the center, no matter how big I am or where I am, or whatever..

There are those in this thing I call god that know what it all is. Some of these I would call "Hu-Man" The other's I would call alien. Alien to god somehow, or maybe just opposed to the unlimited oneness? What's the point? When one is trying to use freewill, it is only natural to move up the chain of thoughts until you are seated at the throne. Maybe there is only one throne though?

Really I just want to make my own Movie. Permanently playing Now, Forever. I wonder though how much of that is "me" and how much is just outside factors I "react" to like a good little function. And then I wonder, how much can I influence by utilizing my will? a body? a soul? a country? a universe?

A bunch of tangential thoughts, but aren't they all. haha..

Who Am I????
edit on 15-2-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Ok, so let me get this straight. Is this pretty much the same thing as saying that we are nothing but a computerized AI being controlled like The Sims? I'm pretty sure that's what I got from it. Anyways though good thread, like the opinion you made.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Welcome to the Simulation Hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

That's what I was thinking of but couldn't find the right words lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This ??

Ed: Check my neddies ear rhythm !! Lol !!
edit on 15-2-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The Simulation Theory is quite thought provoking.

I'd love to hope you never heard of it and these thoughts are organic. You know, part of a universal download of info (albeit at a slow pace).

AAC
edit on 15-2-2014 by AnAbsoluteCreation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Oh I believe it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
After reading over the 'Simulation Theory' I have to disagree with it. I feel it's rather humanistic in it's nature, supposing that since our computer models can be limited, so too can the fabric of space and time. There are quantum mechanics at play that prove that a simulation is not the case, but there may be a layering of fabrics, one on top of the other, each asserting it's presence upon the other in minute circumstances.

No matter how big or small you go, there will always be something that's bigger or smaller in size when compared to what was previously considered the biggest or smallest. That is a way of saying that it's infinite and a simulation would be with it's own limits. I'd say that the power necessary to track the computations to insure that nothing breaks down would be so infinitely massive that it'd have to have a simulation of it's own simply to keep up with the expanding notion of what reality is, and what it is not.

The phrase "A computer is only ever as smart as it's programmer" comes to mind: Therefore, even if we were in a simulation of some sort, there's a programmer who created it all in the first place. Ipso facto, all roads lead to Rome, or in this case, all notions lead to God. If you're not comfortable with that name, then call it 'Hmerit'; an equal parts combination of 'HiM', 'hER', and 'IT'. 33.3333333% of each, but 100% real, regardless of your chosen religion, psychological dogmas, or simulated theism.

As for the consideration that all of us slowly come to our own light through a 'download' of sorts, it seems like lay-mans term for 'philosophy.' The act of open thought is a long-lost practice, as our societies expectations of normal has grown to be an overstimulated experience that derails deep thought.
edit on 15-2-2014 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I think they got it right in Star Trek V when Kirk, Spock and McCoy are gathered round a campfire and discuss the meaning of Row Row Row Your Boat. and concluding that life really is but a dream. What if our present life is just one plane of existence and that when you die you go onto another plane of existence that we call Heaven? And with putting an alien slant on things, I am not sure what to make of the stories of the Greys being Soul Harvesters. That they capture souls on the point of what we call death and feed on them. Personally I don't believe that particular theory myself but would be interested to hear from others on this point. I find it a very disturbing theory myself, in that we are doomed in that particular fashion. Shivers

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
and here are some glitches in the simmulation (?)

www.youtube.com... (2 suns)

www.youtube.com... (clounds creating shadows backwards, in the sky)

www.youtube.com...=42 (fake airplanes)

www.youtube.com... (airplanes stood still in the air)

www.katohika.gr... (strange accident)

www.youtube.com...=175 (reptilian transformed into elvis) lol

www.youtube.com... (invisible referee appeared out of nowhere).

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

But are you considering what humanities capabilities could be like in 1 billion years? Look how far we've gotten in 100 years.

AAC

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I don't think a heavenly body can support the same type of life for 1B year period. Consider the quantity and the severity of minor cataclysms and the death-tolls yielded: Even worse are the rarer, but much more major ones like Yellowstone every 600k or so. How about planet-wide plagues that can clean-slate the planet in a period of months? Not to mention that even Yellowstone would pail in comparison to an even decent sized asteroid impact. There are just too many geological forces at play to support us for any long length of time.

That being said, if I considered what humanity would be capable of over a 1B year period on a planet or moon with less geological forces at work, there are other hurdles they'd have to overcome...like the lack of a stable atmosphere. Heavenly bodies without geological forces are dead-bodies as far as anyone in the scientific community is concerned. Those forces create gases, heat, etc that drive an atmosphere. So, for a being such as a human to thrive on a dead-body, they would have had to have evolved and advanced on another body before making the move. This is where the idea that humans are a 1B year old galactic-based species, finds it's own foundation: The loss of one planet and the move to the stars. However, to survive on e specific planet, you wouldn't be able to simple move and land then thrive. You'd have to be born on the planet so that your body adjusts to the planets conditions from birth.

reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I really do not believe we're in a simulation. Every one of the videos you posted is clearly an illusion or can easily be explained through geometry, physics, or chemistry. The only one that caught my attention was the russian car that seems to skip 10' ahead in a nano-second to save that mans life. I can't explain that, but I do believe that interventions to occur to save or take lives and sometimes those interventions can be seen a miracle...I honestly don't see how that might have even been edited to show what it shows...freaky.

The others though, are all explainable though. If you believe them, I would like to ask you to approach things from a scientific direction. Logical approaches are flawed by the person's mind being ignorant to certain laws of physics, etc. Please don't take offense, as I'm not directly saying anything: What I am saying is that I think humans rely too often on their own logic, but they don't realize that logic is learned and some people's genetic memory may not have a full grasp of the environment we live within.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

join