It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Koch Brothers Rank 59th in Political Donations, ActBlue 1st

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This article puts a whole different view on the who's who when it comes to political spending.

We always hear about those dreaded Koch Brothers and their deeds that strike nerves so often.

It seems however that the Koch boys aren't really all that financially influential as many would have us believe.

Believe it or not, the really big guns are doing the shooting for Democrats and this has been apparent since 1989.

How could it be that so many have been fooled for so long?

The Koch boys are actually 59th in spending at $18 million and an outfit named ActBlue is #1 at $97 million and spends 99% of their cash on Democrats as do many familiar names including lots of unions.

The Koch boys spend 10% on Democrats ironically.

You see it in nearly every democrat party or affiliates email. You see it at almost every Democrat rally… The Evil Koch Brothers are destroying America with their billions of dollars going to Republican and Libertarian causes.

Problem is, it’s is just the lefts Saul Alinsky ‘Rules for Radicals’ fundraising tactics – Demonize your enemy and the ends justify the means.

Open Secrets, a political finance watch dog group, compiled a list that may surprise most Democrats. Seems the Koch Brothers rank 59th in political giving.

See the story for the full chart and surprising facts ....
Evil Koch Brothers Rank 59th in Political Donations, ActBlue 1st

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And this is news because?

Koch is like Derek Jeter donating
Act Blue is like the whole Yankees organization and fans donating.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

rupertg
And this is news because?

Koch is like Derek Jeter donating
Act Blue is like the whole Yankees organization and fans donating.

news?

hardly, it's political madness.

the ones shouting the loudest and complaining the most are the guiltiest it appears right?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I knew it, democrats really can't do basic math. Maybe we should give them teachers over at the NEA a raise.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well that is refreshing to see.

Just how manufactured the Koch boogieman really is.

Well done!

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I know how much everyone likes to reaffirm their already held beliefs, but I'm going to have to burst all bubbles here.

It is impossible to know who is donating how much to whom because of 501(c) Super Pacs, that allow for anonymous donors to give in unlimited amounts.

Anyone who claims to have solid data on how much who is donating to what in politics in the United States, is either lying or ignorant to the facts.

501(c) Super Pacs
edit on 2/14/2014 by spleenika because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
right...the Koch bros donations are just a drop in the bucket...you keep believing that (rolls eyes)
www.washingtonpost.com... 19b-11e3-9389-09ef9944065e_story.html

they want America run by corporations, not by the lowly peaseants
edit on 14-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

jimmyx
right...the Koch bros donations are just a drop in the bucket...you keep believing that (rolls eyes)
www.washingtonpost.com... 19b-11e3-9389-09ef9944065e_story.html

they want America run by corporations, not by the lowly peaseants
edit on 14-2-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

And how is that different than the Democrats?
Do corporations only lobby Republicans or do Democrats have super hero ethical restraint?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I can't believe that you're really going to compare the political donations of the Koch brothers, (2 people) to those of ActBlue, (an online political fundraising tool where "everyone" is invited to participate).

secure.actblue.com...

Who We Are

ActBlue is an online toolset that makes it easy for donors to connect with the candidates and causes they support.

Our Mission

At ActBlue, our mission is to democratize power by putting powerful fundraising tools in the hands of grassroots donors across the United States.

How We Do It

Fundraising

Our fundraising tools allow everyone to have a powerful voice in the country's future. By giving through ActBlue, our donors monetize their passion and empower both themselves and the candidate or cause they support.

Participation

The ActBlue model encourages and rewards participation in the fundraising process. Grassroots donors and fundraisers can track their impact online and in real time, and our clients build a network of invested supporters they'd be hard-pressed to reach otherwise.

Infrastructure

ActBlue's tools have been tested during some of the major fundraising moments of the last nine years, and time and time again they've measured up. Today, their reliability and capacity is second to none and available to all. We're committed to giving our hundreds of thousands of users new and better ways to make their voice heard.

Accountability

ActBlue only accepts donations from individuals, and we direct the money as they specify. We disclose every donation made through ActBlue to the relevant bodies, working to keep the lines of accountability between donors and recipients open.

Furthermore, there seems to be a pretty good explanation for the fact that ActBlue donations primarily go to democrats. [B] IT'S BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE DONORS DIRECTED THEM TO GO! [/B]

In other words, we have an internet site where anyone can personally direct their political donations to anyone and/or any cause that they choose and as it turns out, the vast majority of them chose to give to democrats and you want to compare that collective to the personal donations of two people. WOW!

I'm beginning to believe that when it comes to politics, there isn't a single "truth" out there, that you're not overwhelmingly eager to twist into pure propaganda.

I nominate you Xuenchen for the official position of "Tokyo Rose" of ATS. Do I hear a second?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

interupt42

And how is that different than the Democrats?
Do corporations only lobby Republicans or do Democrats have super hero ethical restraint?

There really isn't any difference. Corporate and/or institutional political donors will indeed give to both parties and it only makes sense for them to do so. They will donate the majority to the candidate that they actually support and if there's any chance that he/she may lose, they will also donate to their opponent just to make sure that they still have access to whomever wins.

Years ago a politically astute person told me, "it doesn't do any good to support a loser, because only the winner will be in position to help you."

If "we the people" ever want our voices to be heard again in the halls of Congress, we need to get the money out of politics on both sides of the isle.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Awww come on guys. Knock it off with the facts and critical thinking. It's VERY important that we perpetuate the Rep v. Dem; good v. bad paradigm or something might actually change. And for the love of God we can't have that now can we? I mean everything is going SO well with the prevailing Rep/Dem back and forth in politics. They both invest BIG bucks to ensure that an army of 'my guys are better than your guys and will fix the country once they get in office' drones are out there doing their bidding to perpetuate the status quo. Gotta keep the citizenry distracted while they rape the treasury, consolidate their wealth, and protect their collective asses. So don't rock the boat, huh? Things are GREAT and will only get better once (insert your koolaide here) gets in office.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Agreed . its all about the money. There is no politics in DC just business.

From your post I thought you were trying to solely blame the Democrats when both party are equally responsible.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If they're 59th, I guess they cant be that "evil"?

The real story here is that there are 58 other groups or entities ranked higher...

If being 59th gets you a rating of "evil", I guess 1st place would have to be Satan?

edit on 14-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Trying to sugar coat the Koch bros. is a fools errand!!

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Agreed, get the money out of politics. Both sides.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Democrats don't like anyone that donates to candidates outside of the establishment. They scream bloody murder every time, even when they get 100x the donations compare to outsiders. It's all a pony scare tactic show.

My contention is that if they are so powerful why are they always targeted by the government. I guess the more powerful donors in government doesn't like competition.
edit on 14-2-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join