It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have contact - life on Mars ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've seen countless similar threads and have yet to be convinced that anything looks like anything other than rocks. That said, I get a kick out of them because it reminds me of being young going on "roadies" and watching clouds form into various shapes.

I almost always see what the OP's try to point out but my conclusions are never the same. This ones pretty cool because he got the chubby cheeks like a troll and yes I see the spear like shading also. But hey, if you're having fun go for it.

I think it would help to understand scale here. What are the size of the rocks to determine size of spear wielding troll?

The spear itself is clearly shadow on three separate rocks. You can see the middle rock's shadow jut out on an angle which I believe nugget was referring to when she said it wasn't solid.
edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

well at least you see it...so the shape is there...I'm not seeing things...whether you want to believe it's an alien..i'm fine either way.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

shadow of what appears as a spear ?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Davian
Great, clog up the news feed a bit more why don't ya?

Nothing on here seems clogged to me, seems pretty empty lately.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

shadow of what appears as a spear ?

I would have to switch from my Ipad to my laptop to point it out. Gimme a few minutes and I'll try to point out what I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

ok...

while I'm waiting...I'm looking at it again...but I can't get around it...I see it all...the forehead...the brow, the eye, the snout like nose, and even hair at the back of the head...or some kind of ornament...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

ROCKS

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

ok...

while I'm waiting...I'm looking at it again...but I can't get around it...I see it all...the forehead...the brow, the eye, the snout like nose, and even hair at the back of the head...or some kind of ornament...

Here is a quick version.

The areas circled in black are the "different" shadows of different rocks (compressed together makes it look solid) and what is circled in blue is where there are breaks in the "spear" or how Nugget said: not solid. As an artist using acrylic or gouache, I would draw that shadowing there similar to a jagged spear using an edging tool with paint.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I realize what you're saying...but remove even that upper part, from the first brake...there is still something protruding. Maybe not a spear...

here is a more pixelated close up...

btw...

Are there not 2 holes as nostrils on that snout ?

I realize the image is distorted to an extent...but not totally...some features are still visible

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Double post. So on this one I'll do a rendition of "Mars Is For Lovers" and serve appetizers.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by Aleister

This line made me belly laugh for a bit...

"Fine, if you're not going to bring over your snail/dolphin,"

Haha! Snail/dolphin.
Those two things are in NO WAY alike. Like at all.

Posts on a thread can be taken as a unit. Here is where I explain about the snail-dolphin-rock:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He thought it looked like a dolphin, I thought it looked like a snail, and never Mark Twain shall meet.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

In the example above, there clearly appears to be something (base of spear) overlapping the "trolls chin" showing perspective and depth. Best I can tell, the base of the spear does appear as rocks to me but the entire artifact looks like some type of spire jutting up from the ground which is indeed curious.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

MarioOnTheFly

I don't even know anymore. Now all I'm seeing is:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here are all the pictures of it.

10:03:56

10:04:42

10:05:00

10:05:28

I'm not saying spear-dude can't stay perfectly still for a minute and a half, but, to me, that looks like a rock in all of those pictures.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And the non-blurry version of the original:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lemmin

brilliant that you found this...

unless I'm mistaken...there is movement of the head...

on the first pic at 10:03:56 the head is more to the left of the stone...

on the pic 10:05:00 it's further to the right of the stone.

May I ask where you got the different time stamp of the screens...?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

That's because either the Rover moved or it's from a different camera on the Rover. Look at the big rock near the bottom right, it is further over to the left in the last picture you mention, so the perspective isn't the same.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

You might be right on that one...but I'm not sure if that tells me anything...

Still I'm not sure how his position could change in regards to the rock he stands behind ?

How much distance can a rover cover in a minute ?

So, over time, the vehicle achieves an average speed of 1 centimeter per second. The rover is programmed to drive for roughly 10 seconds, then stop to observe and understand the terrain it has driven into for 20 seconds, before moving safely onward for another 10 seconds.

so, an average 1 cm per second...so let say those screens cover about 1:30 seconds...that's roughly 90 cm, let's round it up to 2 meters.

We can also assume that various cameras on the rover are not spread much wider than 2 meters apart from each other.

Do you feel that the perspective could have changed so drastically by moving a rover 2 or 3 meters on either side. We can safely assume the distance to an object is substantial....

Also, how do you than explain than...on the last pic, which is the latest according to timestamp...the figure is back where it was in the first pic, in reference to the rock in front of it ?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

On the last pic all the rocks on the landscape "above" it are also shifted back to their original spot, so it must be a view from one of the other rover cameras.

And thanks for the time information. I didn't realize the Rover drives 10 seconds and then stops for 20 to access where it's at and what lays in front of it (the info must have been posted somewhere where I've read, but I didn't take it in). Quite the machine.

I've become a slightly hardened (also more discerning) analyzer of the Mars objects as I learn more about what could make them up. Your guy with staff is a good one, it looks like something, yet very likely isn't imnho. The staff is a nice rock/object/illusion. And when you come back to the anomalies thread check out the wide variety of unique and interesting finds from about 14 hours ago to 10 hours ago, it was quite the circus there with all three rings in use (and you had some of the early finds in that run).

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Mario, I'll back Ya on this one. I went to the original Image from Your link, and that one is kool. You can zoom in right there and get some nice images. I found where you saw that in the Pic. Near the top and in from the right of the main image, Right?. Pretty sure ya nailed this one. Later, Syx.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join