It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth II Is Not The Rightful Heir To The Throne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Came across a wonderful Channel 4 documentary from a few years back with Tony Robinson claiming that the Queen is not the rightful heir to the throne. Not only do these muppets leach off of the rest of society but their so called divine right is a farce. All Royalty is a farce. Between the Vatican and the Royals we get played like a pinball machine. Wake Up Folks...............

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Good to know

And just after 62 years

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

"Rightful heir" is relative. Watch game of thrones…

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

James the Pretender made a right mess of it. Looks like Britain just needs to get used to bloody Germans on the throne.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

DJW001

James the Pretender made a right mess of it. Looks like Britain just needs to get used to bloody Germans on the throne.

We've had Germans on the throne for the past 300 years. I think that we've gotten used to it by now.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

DJW001

It's incredible what they get away with isn't it! People are so gullible and dumbed down that at times it looks as if there is no way back to sanity. i despair at times, really.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
At least ther only german and not reptilian like that nutcase icke thinks....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

edit on 11-2-2014 by robbeh because: double post

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

There are lots of "rightful heir" theories going around, and they all fall down on the fact that there is no such thing as a "rightful heir".
There was always an element of "election" about early English monarchies. That is, in case of uncertainty, the most suitable candidate for the throne would be chosen from among the royal family by the leading nobility of the land.
That element of "election" went all the way down to King John.
The idea that there was some kind of "right" by strict rules of succession was a later invention.

Elizabeth II is the rightful monarch because Act of Parliament says so (Act of Settlement 1701).
That's the only definition that is worth anything.

edit on 11-2-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

DJW001

We've had Germans on the throne for the past 300 years. I think that we've gotten used to it by now.

Not entirely true my friend, A HUGE percentage of people in the UK believe the royalty are English decent. Honestly, My wife is a teacher and they don't even teach this in mainstream!

Spiro

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is this the fellow from Ozzyland? I remember that! (vid's not behaving today)
edit on 11-2-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The King is dead ...long live the republic.
Rightful king of England' dies in Australia

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Spiro

AngryCymraeg

DJW001

Not entirely true my friend, A HUGE percentage of people in the UK believe the royalty are English decent. Honestly, My wife is a teacher and they don't even teach this in mainstream!

Spiro

Lol, we should start a petition to get them to change their name back from Windsor to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Go home, Yogi, you're drunk.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't have anything to add as I don't pay attention to royals, but it is really nice to see a conspiracy from across the pond. I welcome more local conspiracies.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There are those who think it is more Dutch.
Regardless, her time is running out.
Lets hope she doesn't try to nuke on the way out.

S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Lets hope she doesn't try to nuke on the way out.

This is the only Nuclear option available to her ...

Although that is also quite scary

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

That's because they are.. The fact they had German relatives is neither here nor there. The last German born King was way back in the mid 1700's, the rest have been born and raised in England. If you're calling them German, you're calling me Irish because I had Irish ancestors in the 1700's and a great many other people in this country wouldn't be "english" either.

Or do you think you can only call yourself English if you're a pure bred Anglo-Saxon - good luck with finding one of those! Besides, where did they come from again? Hmmmmm....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

DJW001

English law is that you take the nationality of the country you are born it? All children of Victoria and Albert are English, so are all following progeny. Most English aristocracy are french descended, so is lord grosvener french?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join