It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Documents from an Ohio National Guard (ONG) training drill conducted last January reveal the details of a mock disaster where Second Amendment supporters with “anti-government” opinions were portrayed as domestic terrorists.

mediatrackers.org...

Well this is a load of hydrochloro bullsnip.

Check this out:

The make-believe scenario is timely. Two school employees who are disgruntled over the government's interpretation of the Second Amendment, plot to use chemical, biological and radiological agents against members of the local community.

www.wsaz.com...

This is just sad!

So let me wrap my head around this 'scenario'. Second Amendment believers are so distraught with their government they use WMD's ?

SERIOUSLY ?

Wow I have often joked that gun owners were the nouveau 'terrorist'.

That is the 'reality' they live in ?

Hell no that is the world that demagoguery created.

When the NATIONAL GUARD trains against American citzens stick a fork in US we are done.

Guns to mustard gas!

That is one hell of a leap.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree Neo, that is one hell of a leap.

I understand they need a new boogie man, but everyone knows science teachers with an axe to grind, make meth

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They're just trying to get your goat.

It'd be a sad day that the US military is fully unleashed on its own population. But, I don't see it happening. Somebody on the side of TPTB would have to let their own head roll in the aftermath.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Don't see it happening ?

Let's take a walk down history lane:

The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre)[2][3][4] occurred at Kent State University in the U.S. city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5][6]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Exactly why is it a leap again?
As people get more desperate or as the Govt interferes more people will do horrible things.
I see nothing wrong at all with training for 1 possible scenario out of a billion.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

opethPA
Exactly why is it a leap again?
As people get more desperate or as the Govt interferes more people will do horrible things.
I see nothing wrong at all with training for 1 possible scenario out of a billion.

Has any gun owner in the last 100 years EVER used WMD's ?

And then.

Domestic terrorism has 2 flavors LEFT WING, and RIGHT WING.

One side believes in the power of a gun. The national guard has better ones.

The other side believes in the power of the bomb. Like the Weather Underground etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's a poor argument to support a position of disarmament. The Bonus Army incident would have been better, but it's still not an issue of taking loaded weapons from people who firmly believe in their right to keep and bear arms.

When the government comes for the guns, blood's gonna flow in rivers on both sides. You have nothing to compare that with except the Revolutionary War ... which is what disarmament would cause. I think the casualty rates would quickly exceed those of the Civil War.

Do you really think an elected official could pull something off with a uniformed force, or would cooler heads prevail?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

neo96
Has any gun owner in the last 100 years EVER used WMD's ?

Has desperation in the world ever been this high before?
Has peoples ability to inflict damage ever been this easy to obtain?
What about how easy it is to get information on how to build something? Thanks to Internet anyone with the ability to go to a search engine can find the directions for building something horrible.

It doesn't matter what your career is, training is training and it's never a bad thing.

In the INFOSEC world security through obscurity isn't a valid approach and neither is saying just because something hasn't happened means it cant happen.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Do you really think an elected official could pull something off with a uniformed force, or would cooler heads prevail?

They pulled off Iraq,Afghanistan,Libya,Pakistan,Syria.

I don't over estimate my countries intelligence.

Rile them up enough, and put the 'fear of God' in them.

Amazing what is done.

Things you wouldn't think possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Has desperation in the world ever been this high before?

Contrary to popular dogma people today are no different than 100 years ago, and the world is the same as it ever was.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

neo96
Contrary to popular dogma people today are no different than 100 years ago, and the world is the same as it ever was.

The fact I can look up how to build any one of a hundred different types of bombs on one of my phones in about 5 seconds says you are wrong about the world being the same.

Their are thousands of other examples like this.

I don't see training, in any field, as a bad thing ever. Over the last year in my job we went through a scenario that would require systems to fail before we had to act on our plan. It's never happened before so that must mean it never will happen, wish my work would have known that.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This has been posted before. Actually a couple of hours ago.

But I know the end times are here. I have been set up on a blind date next Monday. Nothing good can come from that. LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The fact I can look up how to build any one of a hundred different types of bombs on one of my phones in about 5 seconds says you are wrong about the world being the same.

So what ?

Quality information is severely lacking.

Anyone dumb enough to look up that kind of information, and try to do it is more likely to end themselves, and earn a darwin award.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I hear what you're saying, but I don't think the general population would stand for it. The military would be isolated without their support. The uniformed leadership understand this. 20 years from now ... who knows? I don't see the mindset of civilians changing. In fact, I think they're fortifying their position against gun control. You can see that in gun sales every time the specter of 'control' surfaces. I laugh at TPTB.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

TDawgRex
This has been posted before. Actually a couple of hours ago.

But I know the end times are here. I have been set up on a blind date next Monday. Nothing good can come from that. LOL

Thanks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Sorry.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

neo96
So what ?

You said that the world was the same as it was 100 years ago and I used that as an example showing it is not.

neo96
Anyone dumb enough to look up that kind of information, and try to do it is more likely to end themselves, and earn a darwin award.

Interesting and what do you base that argument on?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You said that the world was the same as it was 100 years ago and I used that as an example showing it is not.

People had access to that kind of information then too.

Today is not any different.

Interesting and what do you base that argument on?

YouTube.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

neo96
YouTube.

Ah, it must be true then.

You win.

The World is the same.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Never heard of the 'Anarchist Cookbook' ?

That was written by a 'left winger' for those who don't know.

That was written over 40 years ago.

See before the 'internets' there were these things called books.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"get over it"
Timothy McVeigh

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join