It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa is Looking for Moon Miners!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Moon Mining

NASA will give "support" to chosen companies to mine the moon for He-3 and rare metals.....Looks like they are pushing for robots to do the work.

The article brings up a lot of issues such as international rights to the moon etc. This could be an interesting start to many things. To include mining rights/future tech...maybe another war or two.

He-3 Wiki
edit on 9-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Send up some clones to get it done, when one dies replace it with another fresh one.

Reminds me of a film for some season

Good for them, id put my name down, i would love to get off this planet.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Allright!!! My ship has come in!!!

Just gotta get a startup going then get $500,000,000 funding from the gov'ment & file bankruptcy 2 years from now!!

I'm going to be rich!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
Moon Mining

NASA will give "support" to chosen companies to mine the moon for He-3 and rare metals.....Looks like they are pushing for robots to do the work.

The article brings up a lot of issues such as international rights to the moon etc. This could be an interesting start to many things. To include mining rights/future tech...maybe another war or two.

He-3 Wiki

They can't find some astronauts to do the job ?

It's almost 45 year ago they told us they have put humans on the moon....and counting.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Biigs
Send up some clones to get it done, when one dies replace it with another fresh one.

Good movie…
www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

The moon?

I'll pass.

Holding out for Mars. I have family there

edit on 9-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That's the start of something new indeed. Let the race begin!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Troyaner

I think it will be a long race.

They need to balance things out down here before going up there.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Biigs

Just saw that movie for the first time recently...totally loved it!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Yes, it's the right thing to do. But the question is whether they will do it? I bet the humans greed stretches to the moon too.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wonder what that means for the acre of moon I own? Hmmm..... I could be rich!

This is really cool. I'd love to see this happen in my days on this planet.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As long as I can take Bobo the Moon Monkey with me as my sidekick count me in!!.
I can think of tons of stuff I want to try on the moon.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Doodle19815
I wonder what that means for the acre of moon I own? Hmmm..... I could be rich!

This is really cool. I'd love to see this happen in my days on this planet.

Lol I really don't think that they will respect that... The first thing they will say is that it was a novelty then go mine there anyway.

If they can't acknowledge you on earth why would it stop them from doing it to you on the moon?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

Oh, LoL, I wasn't serious! Thank you for replying though. I have no intentions of ever trying to claim my acre of moon land. It was given to me as a humorous gift, and remains that to this day.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

ACtually I think I remember that guy that was indeed selling parts of the moon...he claimed it for himself or something haha...you could probably sue! They would most likely settle and give you a small piece of the moon!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLotLizard

The company [the biggest one] that sells moon property thinks it found a loop whole in the system. Not only do they claim it's valid but they go so far as to say they own multiple planets in our solar system. Essentially the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 and the Moon Treaty of 1984 only applies to governments and not private sector. You can buy land on Mars, Venus, and Mercury from them as well. Lol. Yeah. Definitely not going to be honored.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
How fascinating. I read an article a number of years ago regarding the mining of the moon, and I have, since then always watch "this space" as such.

ep: I see gray. It's gray here through the thick glass. Everything is just so clear. aaw: What else? ep: I see the Earth. Way off. aaw: And where are you? ep: I am--on the moon. aaw: What do you see? ep: The air is heavy and dank and there's a condensation on the inside of the walls and I'm looking through a, like a, not like a porthole, but not like glass, and it's really, really, really thick. And there's dirt. And there's a slit in the dirt, it covers it all up, and I'm lookin' out and I can see the earthrise. That's very special, because usually we have to keep the shutters down--from all the radiation. aaw: Do you do work there? ep: (Clears throat.) I don't like this thick air, y'know. I like it better up at the station. aaw: We'll go up there in--. ep: But here's where I work. That's why I'm here. I get to open the glass 'cause nobody (laughs) knows I'm doin' it. aaw: What kind of work do you do? ep: I mine. I take oxygen out of the soil. It's good work. I gather up, and dig tunnels, and take all the material back to a smelter. I'm digging, digging, digging, and then I go dump it. aaw: Are there others? ep: Yeah. aaw: Lots of others? ep: I have a crew of six. aaw: What is your name? ep: Albert. aaw: Are you from--what country? ep: I don't think Earth has countries anymore. aaw: Where were you born? ep: I was born at L5. La Grange Point 5. aaw: Tell me about that. ep: That's the fifth of the ten geosynchronous orbit points around the Earth between the Earth and the moon, wherein a space station or any other large ungainly object can be placed in permanent orbit. aaw: Okay. ep: As the Earth and the moon move through space, at the L5 point, or the other L points, you're continually falling around the geophysical center of the gravitational pull of the Earth. And so therefore, in relative motion, you're still. aaw: Is L5 a space station? ep: Yeah. Sure. aaw: And you were born there? ep: Um-hmm. aaw: Okay. Albert--? ep: Everybody calls me Al. aaw: Al. Okay. Al-- what do you call the thing you're riding on? ep: Crawler. aaw: And you use it to--? ep: To dig. aaw: And then what do you do with what it is you dig? ep: We take and we dump it through the grate.

Link to article which is way easier to read:

www.viewzone.com...

I dont recall reading it on Viewzone initially, but do not recall the original source.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

That may seem a good many years premature since there seems to be no one that has anything that resembles the devices to get large amounts of equipment to the Moon, sustain large groups of individuals there, and easily move tons of rare elements and metals back to Earth.

Oh, wait! Let's not forget the black triangles that some of us know to exist. Some of believe that those craft have the capabilities to perform the transfer of those various materials faster, cheaper and easier than designing, building and using massive rockets for such tasks.

The day for the revelation of the triangles as US Space Force vehicles is fast approaching and NASA is preparing the ground work, looking for businesses that want to take on the work.

To paraphrase what Obama said about public work projects, "The Moon is shovel ready and so are the triangles!"

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's some high quality speculation.
Seeing as how there are no fusion reactors, much less ones capable of using He3.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

coldkidc
Allright!!! My ship has come in!!!

Just gotta get a startup going then get $500,000,000 funding from the gov'ment & file bankruptcy 2 years from now!!

I'm going to be rich!!!!

Talk up being "green" and solar powered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join