It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green orb- A Childhood Experience

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Let me start by saying this is not about pictures or something flying around the sky.

One night in my youth, 9-10 years old i believe, I was awakened from my sleep with an odd feeling and looked around my room sensing something about to happen. Within a few moments a large green orb floated through the doorway(not the door it was open) into my bedroom. The events after this haunt me even today for reasons unknown.

Terror
As i sat in my bed looking at this..thing as it entered, the feeling of pure fear took hold unlike anything i have ever in my life experienced to this day. Then it started to move toward me eerily slow, a pulsing, glowing, translucent blob of green light. I tried to move but no matter how much i desperately i wanted to, my body wouldn't respond and the orb kept coming at me. All i could think was RUN! you have to get away! andjust as it was inches from me, somehow i regained control of my body.

Pursuit
I bolted off of my top bunk bed and out of my room to the end of the hallway waiting, hoping this thing would not come out and so i would know i was dreaming but as i stood watching the orb exited my room and was floating down the hallway at me. I ran into our living room and hid behind the couch,again, hoping it wouldn't follow but it did. As it came around the couch i ran into the kitchen and under the extended counter top waiting to see if i had managed to evade it this time but no, again this thing moving so slow the entire time had managed to find me again.

EndGame
Once again i ran, as fast as i could back to my room and by this time i was frantically trying to escape but soon realized i couldn't. This thing was going to get me and i couldn't do anything about it. Tears started welling in my eyes as i grabbed my blanket from my bed, walked back out into the hall where i kneeled down and wrapped my blanket behind me, waiting for it to come around the corner. It did. i sat watching as it floated ever closer in its slow, almost mocking way. As it was almost about to overtake me i quickly lay forward covering myself completely in my blanket, I must have blacked out because the next thing to happen was me waking up in my own bed in the morning. I know this was no dream, it didn't feel like a dream neither during the incident nor upon awaking. What happened to me?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Any u.f.o reports that night? Anything like this happen again? Any family members in the house notice anything?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You got beat up by a ball of green light.
That's what happened. jk

The only person who knows what happened is you. Asking us to tell you is an exercise in futility.

I will enjoy the show though. S&F
edit on 7-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: nicer

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

catfishjoe
Any u.f.o reports that night? Anything like this happen again? Any family members in the house notice anything?
I don't know. Honestly im too afraid to look for UFO reports in the area.

As far as i know everyone else was asleep

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
were you in heavy metal?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
sorry dude, that's all i could think of when i read this.
there was a green orb like you describe in the movie Heavy Metal..

sounds pretty intense though, i wouldn't know what to say, there's no kind of information i could give you.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't usually make predictions, but ......

A ton of posters will be along momentarily to tell you what happened.

S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Any opinion of it would help. This single event has bothered me my entire life and I cant find any explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut

catfishjoe
I don't know. Honestly im too afraid to look for UFO reports in the area.

As far as i know everyone else was asleep

Why would you be afraid? Maybe its a good thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Thats a can of worms best left to open last

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
Any opinion of it would help. This single event has bothered me my entire life and I cant find any explanation.

Well, my opinion is:
It sounds extremely similar to abduction accounts. There are many stories of abductions on ATS, and many more on the web.

I do believe you are being honest, but I don't know what causes these experiences, or for what purpose.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were looking for. I don't believe anybody does at this point in time. What you make of it is up to you, and that may take a bit of research on your part.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

I had a crazy experience as a child also so I know how you must feel posting this. It doesn't matter if they don't believe you because you know it happened and that's enough.
I don't know what the green orb was but maybe you were being tested to see how you would react. Why would it move slowly if it was a predator of some type? My childhood incident made me wonder if something was trying to communicate with me. I'm still no closer to knowing.

I doubt you'll find an answer here but maybe someone else will come along that has also seen one.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
it's possible that what you're describing could potentially be an abduction encounter, considering you blacked out and have no memory of the lost time. i think it's pretty safe to say you can rule out the prospect of it being some sort of spirit encounter. in all my years i've never heard anyone describe any kind of ghost, human or non-human spirit being described or taking the form of a green orb. never green. that's an odd color to be honest.

you may want to consider trying to retrieve the memories of that night. there are a couple of different methods (self-guided) for retrieving lost memories. otherwise there is always hypnosis regression. i would bet that if you took either of those roots you would be surprised to find that you most likely had additional experiences after that first one or maybe even experiences prior to that first one you remember. I know it's scary to think about, that you could potentially have locked abduction memories floating somewhere around in your head. but, you have to decide if you want the truth or if you want to live in blissful ignorance. the former can be tough to cope with but, at least you'll know whats up one way or the other. the fact of the matter is as someone else previously mentioned none of us will be able to tell you with certainty what happened to you that night. we can only make educated guesses based on our own experiences and research. and mine would make me lean more toward the possibility of an encounter or abduction experience. though i suppose it's possible too that it could have been an inter-dimensional being as well, not just an ET.

please keep us updated on what you may find out! and if you're interested i have an exercise for self guided memory retrieval via an exercise called the "spiral green staircase" but, i know there are similar exercises with different names....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

nugget1

EyesOpenMouthShut

Well, my opinion is:
It sounds extremely similar to abduction accounts. There are many stories of abductions on ATS, and many more on the web.

I do believe you are being honest, but I don't know what causes these experiences, or for what purpose.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were looking for. I don't believe anybody does at this point in time. What you make of it is up to you, and that may take a bit of research on your part.
Thanks for your opinion. Since i don't specialize in ufo related things i'm not very familiar with green orb and abduction relation. i'll look into that

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

I had a crazy experience as a child also so I know how you must feel posting this. It doesn't matter if they don't believe you because you know it happened and that's enough.
I don't know what the green orb was but maybe you were being tested to see how you would react. Why would it move slowly if it was a predator of some type? My childhood incident made me wonder if something was trying to communicate with me. I'm still no closer to knowing.

I doubt you'll find an answer here but maybe someone else will come along that has also seen one.
this thing gave me the sense that i should be afraid

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

As i stated to nugget1, ET isn't my area. im a paranormal reasercher ie: "ghost,spirit,demon," what have you. to be honest the thought that i have been abducted in the past by something like this is a little more than unsettling if these things are true. i'll have to do as you suggest and try getting the memory back. thanks for the input

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If you were immediately afraid maybe your subconscious mind remembered it from a previous experience.
I've wondered if most of us, if not all of us, have been abducted at least once in our lives. Kind of like an inventory being taken.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Thats an interesting thought that needs to be entertained

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

this thing gave me the sense that i should be afraid

This is the number one common theme that seems to be prevalent in people with these kinds of memories. Some see beings, some see monsters, some see orbs, but the fear is the most intense emotion they've ever felt.

Any answers you come by will most likely be found in abduction forums.
You are not alone; these experiences seem to be coming more common as time passes. Just sharing your story with like-mined people can be very cathartic.

edit on 5u33America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had hoped people had more input.. thanks those of you that did

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join