It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movies they HAVEN'T made.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

Mason mike
One second after.

It was an epic book and I can see how it could be a movie and not loose too much of what made it a great story if done right.
Plus, it would awaken those who have no idea what it's about to the very real possibility of what life would be like in that situation.

I second that. The author (William Forstchen) is a military historian who has obviously done a lot of research and thinking on what would happen starting one second after an emp attack.
If done right it would be a great movie that not only entertained but scared the hell out of us by letting us know that we aren't ready no matter what we believe.

I remember back in school I read a book named "The girl who owned a city". That too would make a good apocalyptic movie. It was based on a virus that killed everyone over the age of twelve within a month (if my memory is correct) and the older children had to come together to take care of the younger ones. Survival is a lot different through the eyes of a child.

I third that....

Awesome book about the aftermath of an EMP attack without getting all Rambo like......just a story about what everyday people go through...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

they did remake dune. SCIFY did it a few years ago as a scify special. it included dune and dune messiah, which was made as one part of the mini series, and children of dune as a seperate made for t.v. movie. but i get what you are saying and i agree. although they are coming out with a new movie called "Odd Thomas"which is based off of a novel series by Dean Koontz. He wrote like 5 or 6 books in the series and i would like to see him continue on with the movie adaptations

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

mwood

Would kinda like to see a movie on the Brian Lumley Necroscope series.

A vampire story that's different than all the others....

5 books in the series so there's plenty of material.

How about Titus Crow?

Never read any of those, only the Necrosope series. I will give them a look.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Buffy The Vampire Slayer with the cast from the series. I"D LOVE that!

I know it was loosely talked about but then shot down. More than likely because of Sarah Michelle Gellar. I love Buffy and I like her but she didn't say many nice things after the show ended and wanted to be distanced from it. I don't know why that show made her! She had no real movie career and honestly she isn't all that great of an actress but I still love her as Buffy and support anything she does. I've seen all her movies and shows. Just waiting to check out her new one with Robin Williams called "The Crazy Ones."

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They're racing to establish equal footing with Marvel. Trouble is, Marvel spent years pulling the Avengers together, and DC wants to do it better in half the time. Hopefully the competitive edge serves to lend a tactful approach rather than a hasty delivery.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In all honesty wow sucks it's for like 7-13 yr olds. Play wow then go play diablo 2! Tell me about the battle sequences!

Wow is basically and old school rpg game for console with deeper stuff.

Honestly waiting around to get hit back is boring.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the same people that ruined diablo 3 with there inability to make a character as the blizzard people actually read those strat guides by diablo players to pump up vit.

Are the same people that think wow is great. Now mind you we'd still have our own stat system for our chars in d3 if those same people didn't have a way to communicate.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

daaskapital

Too tired to think properly, but i will give it a shot.

I'd like to see a movie based around Barry Petersen, an Australian Army Captain who was sent by the CIA into Vietnam to train Montagnard forces. After extensive training, his forces were feared by the Viet-Cong, who had called them the Tiger Men, due to their fighting prowess and their camouflage. Over time, he amassed an army of 1200 men, who all worshiped him as a demi-god. Due to Petersen being both, an Australian, and a leader (demi-god) of 1200 men, the CIA had thought that Petersen 'went native', meaning that they no longer had the reigns of him, and viewed him as a threat. Apparently, the straw broke when the CIA ordered Petersen to turn his Montagnard forces into Assassins under the Phoenix Program. Petersen refused the CIA's orders, and as a result, forces within the CIA wanted him 'gone', AKA killed. Petersen had to flee Vietnam in order to survive...

Yeah, there are some similarities to Apocalypse Now, but Petersen's story was the real deal.

A movie based around Ted Serong would also be quite interesting. He was an Australian Army Officer who was deeply involved in a lot of the US war efforts. He was considered the greatest in jungle warfare, and as such, was actually the go-to guy for allied (primarily Australian) forces during the Vietnam years. He had hand-picked Barry Petersen (see above) to conduct the Montagnard operation. It is said that the USA handed all remaining control of South Vietnamese forces to him, just as the North was about to invade Saigon. Serong, knowing it was all lost, walked through Saigon and into the US embassy. He boarded the last helicopter out of the country...

These are great, factual stories of which i would like to see made into movies.

Fictional?

I'd like to see the game, 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' made into a movie. That would be epic!

edit on 6-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the links, I'll look into it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I always like a movie called the "Princess Bride." I think that would make a great remake. I would also like to see Jackie Chan and Burt Reynolds reunite for another Cannon Ball Run movie.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Another sequel I want to see is "the Last Starfighter."

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see a remake of A Boy and his Dog

A boy and his dog

But with more emphasis on the source material by the great Harlan Ellison

A boy and his dog (book)

I know the film is in public domain and on youtube, but here is a trailer

I hope to see me some burnpit screamers!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I also want to recommend Swan Song:

Swan Song (great Nukepocalypse novel)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The Foundation Series

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

lostbook
Another sequel I want to see is "the Last Starfighter."

I was just thinking the same thing. That and Flight of the navigator.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I would watch the Dark elf trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.

Forgotten realms and a bit watered down but still pretty good action sequences and what not with a Dark elf and his black panther companion

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The Alchemist.

Also, Dune... I love Lynch and his version, but it's very much his version. I'd like to see someone like Christopher Nolan do it on a big canvas, fleshing out more of the book. It's an inspired parable of the colonial struggles for oil in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

daaskapital

Too tired to think properly, but i will give it a shot.

I'd like to see a movie based around Barry Petersen, an Australian Army Captain who was sent by the CIA into Vietnam to train Montagnard forces. After extensive training, his forces were feared by the Viet-Cong, who had called them the Tiger Men, due to their fighting prowess and their camouflage. Over time, he amassed an army of 1200 men, who all worshiped him as a demi-god. Due to Petersen being both, an Australian, and a leader (demi-god) of 1200 men, the CIA had thought that Petersen 'went native', meaning that they no longer had the reigns of him, and viewed him as a threat. Apparently, the straw broke when the CIA ordered Petersen to turn his Montagnard forces into Assassins under the Phoenix Program. Petersen refused the CIA's orders, and as a result, forces within the CIA wanted him 'gone', AKA killed. Petersen had to flee Vietnam in order to survive...

edit on 6-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

I actually think this would make a great movie. I enjoy good action adventure type movies that are based on true stories, black hawk down was a great one, and this one you mentioned would be another along that same vein.

Very good idea!
edit on 7-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CretumOrbis

The Riftwar saga and then the Serpent war

Also someone could expand the Jimmy the Hand story

Feist is fab

If you like political intrigue you can't go wrong with the Empire trilogy with Janny Wurts.

With modern techniques you could do them the justice they deserve

Imo miles better than Tolkien.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

lostbook

I always like a movie called the "Princess Bride." I think that would make a great remake. I would also like to see Jackie Chan and Burt Reynolds reunite for another Cannon Ball Run movie.

Remake the Princess Bride? Inconceivable!

Some movies are classics and shouldn't be touched.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have never understood why there have not been many James Herbert books made into films. I would love to see 'Once' on the screen.

I have seen 'The Secret of Crickly Hall' but that was made for TV mini series. I definitely think he is good enough for cinema.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join