It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Amid continued debate over whether or not Sochi is prepared to host the 2014 Olympics (here are 15 alarming signs that Russia might not be ready) reporters from around the world are starting to check into local hotels — to their apparent grief. Some journalists arriving in Sochi are describing appalling conditions in the housing there, where only six of nine media hotels are ready for guests. Hotels are still under construction. Water, if it’s running, isn’t drinkable. One German photographer told the AP over the weekend that his hotel still had stray dogs and construction workers wandering in and out of rooms.

Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences

Maybe this should be under humor.....

but this is some pretty funny stuff....if you need a laugh

edit on 5-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The 'news' ran with this earlier today.

Brown water, and telling people to put their toilet tissue in waste baskets!.

Seems Russia has some pretty bad 'infrastructure'.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't know about that. Maybe the media is trying to make Russia look bad?

I'm sure Russia isn't quite on par with U.S. infrastructure, but they're not exactly a third world country, either. A lot of those photos in the OP's link seem a little.. Set up. Like the broken curtains, someone could have torn them down intentionally. Or the brown water, looked more like juice of some sort. Also if you look closer, the water in the toilet seems to be pretty clean, not at all brown.
edit on 5-2-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

So.... what's the last picture (bottom right) telling you not to do?

Don't Sochi?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've read that many countries plumbing can't handle toilet paper and its common practice to use other methods...

Where do I put the paper?

edit on 2/5/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

MonkeyMentat

Don't Sochi?

LOL....I was wondering the same thing.....why the legs spread...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

MonkeyMentat

Maybe it's, Don't poop on the floor?

edit on 5-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

kx12x
Also if you look closer, the water in the toilet seems to be pretty clean, ]

There's water in that toilet?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Okay yeah in some of those photo's, things seem to be pretty disheveled.

eNumbra
There's water in that toilet?

There is, about 2-3 inches from the rim. Looking at it further, it might be a shadow, but I can't tell. It appears to be water.
edit on 5-2-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
lmao stray dogs and construction workers wandering in and out.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Putin is going to lose his mind... Lolz

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Amid continued debate over whether or not Sochi is prepared to host the 2014 Olympics (here are 15 alarming signs that Russia might not be ready) reporters from around the world are starting to check into local hotels — to their apparent grief. Some journalists arriving in Sochi are describing appalling conditions in the housing there, where only six of nine media hotels are ready for guests. Hotels are still under construction. Water, if it’s running, isn’t drinkable. One German photographer told the AP over the weekend that his hotel still had stray dogs and construction workers wandering in and out of rooms.

Ok I have to ask although I am not sure I want to know the answer to this.... but one of those pictures indicates thats you shouldn't go fishing in the toilet bowl.

What kind of fish would you catch in your toilet bowl?

A brown snapper? A dyslexic crap? I mean Carp?

edit on R042014-02-05T23:04:57-06:00k042Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I laughed at the stuff but then thought about some of the implications of a fire or terrorist attack. If they aren't ready for the athletes...I guess if I were there I wouldn't be feeling too safe after seeing the sunken building!

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I always love the threads were posters slam American tech and weapons while saying Russia has the best in the world..........Really. They can not even pull this off people Russia is a 3rd world country pretending to be something else.

Maybe Putin is not the man after all.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

RickinVa

UxoriousMagnus

Ok I have to ask although I am not sure I want to know the answer to this.... but one of those pictures indicates thats you shouldn't go fishing in the toilet bowl.

What kind of fish would you catch in your toilet bowl?

A brown snapper? A dyslexic crap? I mean Carp?

edit on R042014-02-05T23:04:57-06:00k042Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

Just......just don't do it!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

SubTruth

I always love the threads were posters slam American tech and weapons while saying Russia has the best in the world..........Really. They can not even pull this off people Russia is a 3rd world country pretending to be something else.

Maybe Putin is not the man after all.

this is exactly what I pulled from this....the old Kremlin is still wading around in the 40's me thinks

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

hah!! Dogs...nice

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

MonkeyMentat

Don't Sochi?

hey....wait...I just noticed....he has something in his right hand on that picture...what is doing some ironing or something....weight lifting....?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join