It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Office: SIGNIFICANT WEATHER EVENT will hit UK in days as HUGE Atlantic storm ROARS in

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

The above link is the 3rd in a series of reports by George Monbiot, and well worth reading.

It makes pretty grim reading, and shows the amount of wasted money, and the bullplop propaganda surrounding this issue.

As ever, follow the money.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Stumason, with respect we will have to agree to disagree ... nothing wrong in that.

However, I would like to point out one thing ... like Cameron there are always going to be people in this world that if you say black. they will say white, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

I have no faith in this government whatsoever over anything. They might be seemingly making all the right noises at the moment, but at the end of the day, they love money and prestige. As for the affluent living along the picturesque waterways ... good luck! remember don't go dining in seaside restaurants either in the middle of a storm, bad things can happen!

I think the education Minister, if we have one, should get the Biff and Kipp books re written!!

hx

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

surrealist

crazyewok
I dont see what everyone moaning about?

According to certain Americans on here everything fine and the weathers perfect for this time of year and there no problem with extreme weather in the world.

/Sarcasm

Yes that's because the real end-of-the-world issue is Obamacare!

Didn't you know? Obamacare is going to destroy America and then destroy the entire world!

O yeah i forgot.

Obama is to blame for the weather :p

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What we should do now is commission a detailed report - get someone to look at this from all angles, speak to all the experts and produce a report on what we can - must - do to at least lessen the impact of such floods again.

Oh, but wait .....

We already did .....

In 2007 .....

And we ignored almost everything in it .....

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

That article is an interesting one - one of them most telling aspects of it is that there are a great deal of recommendations for people to undertake themselves, but very few people do, instead relying (demanding?) on the Government to bail them out when they have done little themselves to mitigate against flood damage.

It also points out that local authorities have done little, if anything - again expecting central Government to bail them out (and take the blame) when they have been approving large developments on flood plains, most notably in the Somerset levels.

For the Governments part, yes they have taken their eye off the ball but at the same time, the report does say that they did act on the Pitt report and all but one of the recommendations are being implemented.

All of which really jives with what I've been saying all along, namely that home owners and people who live in these area's have to take some responsibility for their own actions and not, as we have seen on the TV over and over, bleet about how it's someone else's fault. We all have a stake in this and all have to do our bit - it simply isn't good enough to take no action to protect yourself and then demand that others bail you out when the worst happens.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

happinness
reply to post by stumason

Stumason, with respect we will have to agree to disagree ... nothing wrong in that.

That's fair enough

happinness
However, I would like to point out one thing ... like Cameron there are always going to be people in this world that if you say black. they will say white, regardless of whether they are right or wrong.

Of course and I think Cameron is an arse too - my defence in this thread is the same as any other, in that I am interested in the truth, rather then media or political spin. I was saying the same thing back in 2007 with regards to the Labour Government. Don't get me wrong though, I'll happily point out where they have fudged up.

happinness
I have no faith in this government whatsoever over anything. They might be seemingly making all the right noises at the moment, but at the end of the day, they love money and prestige.

I think this close to an election, they pretty much have to follow through with any promises - not least because we'll probably have more flooding in the Summer and Winter before next Springs vote.

happinness
As for the affluent living along the picturesque waterways ... good luck! remember don't go dining in seaside restaurants either in the middle of a storm, bad things can happen!

I said to the missus those people in the restaurant on Friday night deserved what they got - with Red Warnings for the Wind active, along with the ongoing flooding, they were bloody stupid to go out to a Seafront restaurant during the height of the last storm. Then they expect to be rescued as well - take some responsibility people!

reply to post by angelchemuel

On that note, I don't understand why we continue to waste land on housing the dead. I wonder just how much land is used up storing bones...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
iv read a bit about geo engineering and on sunday 16 feb a lovely sunny day in the morning then in the afternoon line after line of aircraft trails that just spread to make the sky dull however its tuesday now and no significant weather why can anyone shead light on this or confirm what i saw im between liverpool and manchester i took a few pictures on my phone !

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezer61

I'm going to go out a limb here and, bear with me, I think you might have seen planes, possibly using Manchester or Liverpool airports...

Seriously though, it is well documented what has caused our weather if you care to look and it has sod all to do with chemtrails.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

stumason
On that note, I don't understand why we continue to waste land on housing the dead. I wonder just how much land is used up storing bones...

In answer to my own question - a Government Report from 2007 states there is 7,824 Hectares being used for burial grounds. To put that into context, that is 78 Km2, which is roughly the size of central Paris...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
O.k. now that some time has past... I'd like to address all those doom sayers that clearly panicked during the bad wet weather we experienced just two months ago.

Many of the people who posted on this thread were convinced that the situation was sooooooo bad that we aught to receive international foreign aid.... completely laughable!

Some people suggesting that we may be under water until the middle of the year..... again totally laughable.

I'm not saying that the flooding wasn't bad or that it hasn't cost us a lot of money... estimates are at £1bn total cost. Just that it was not unprecedented.

I was shocked at the severe lack of traditional English thinking going on..... We used to be an unmovable wall of defiance in the face of adversity... now we appear to be nothing more than a bunch of politically correct insubstantial weaklings that need a nanny!

These images are for those people.... hopefully next time England (Shock Horror) has some wet weather you might take heart in the following...

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I was going to the coast this weekend but apparently the coast is coming to me. Saved me a drive

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

That land is so bogged down with water now that you will not be able to grow anything on it this year and any sheep of cattle would get foot rot on it. So, sadly, the land is still not much use for at least this summer. Good to see it all beginning to drain away however and hopefully the families can soon be settled down in their own homes as soon as poss.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
This picture....

Made me think of this...

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join