It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Office: SIGNIFICANT WEATHER EVENT will hit UK in days as HUGE Atlantic storm ROARS in

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl
Good news folks 38 Degrees have raised £100,000 from members and that money is now going to help the families in the UK. I think 4 charities will now get the money split so each charity can help their county. As I said it takes more than one person to make a difference and if you did donate then I send my gratitude and my love.

Love & Light
Jayme

The money will probably go on rehousing the European free loaders in thier £500'000 council houses... While Mr English man has to wait at the back of the line with his poor cap in hand waiting for a hand out.....

Geeze.... do you really have any idea how crazy raising money for England is??? You might as well have donated you money to the poor families of Dubai.... after all it such a shame those fellas can't get access to the gold atms 24 hours a day!!!

Korg.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I am not denying the flooding or the bad weather.... just that it is exactly that... bad weather... it has happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

Ridiculous point of view (in my opinion)

Yes...it is just "bad weather" but it is unprecedented, in some areas it is unprecedented since records began, some 250 years ago......6 months rainfall in 19 days is slightly more than just "bad weather"

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Argyll

I am not denying the flooding or the bad weather.... just that it is exactly that... bad weather... it has happened in the past and it will happen again in the future.

Ridiculous point of view (in my opinion)

Yes...it is just "bad weather" but it is unprecedented, in some areas it is unprecedented since records began, some 250 years ago......6 months rainfall in 19 days is slightly more than just "bad weather"

And I bet before those records began there were worse storms... and I bet records will be broken all over the owrld every day forever!

England had some bad weather... shock horror!! Let's raise money and make posters for the poor english man that had some rain...

Mean while some poor Syrian kids getting his legs blown off!!!!

Korg.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

And I bet before those records began there were worse storms... and I bet records will be broken all over the owrld every day forever! England had some bad weather... shock horror!! Let's raise money and make posters for the poor english man that had some rain... Mean while some poor Syrian kids getting his legs blown off!!!!

Pathetic.....sorry, but you have a pathetic view of current events.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I have been watching this forum for days waiting for a thread on the horrible UK storms and 30-40 foot waves. And some scientists say this may last for 3 months even. My heart is just breaking for everyone going through terrible weather and disasters/catastrophes, with power outages.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Lets see, put down your neighbours who just lost 1/2 their family in a plane crash and all their belongings in a fire, because your other neighbor is doing so much worse, they lost everyone but 2 in their family and their home was bombed in a drive by shooting.

Loss and pain is the same for everyone.

Nor is anyone here responsible for what The Windsors, Rockefellers, Rothchilds, and our dictatorial leaders are doing, they are crimes carried out by the mafia overlords of earth.

Nobody supports them!
edit on 14-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Thanks for the video.

There were a lot of reports of 30, 40, 70 even 100ft waves on the coast coming inland further than anyone can remember and a lot of properties and businesses flooded. It just shows how precarious a lot of these coastal habitations really are.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

theabsolutetruth
reply to post by surrealist

Thanks for the video.

There were a lot of reports of 30, 40, 70 even 100ft waves on the coast coming inland further than anyone can remember and a lot of properties and businesses flooded. It just shows how precarious a lot of these coastal habitations really are.

Yes it is, but, it is nice to live by the sea side! Just once in a while you have a bit of bad luck. Chin up though, the British can take it!

P

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I resided about 50 yards form the sea in Scotland for a little while some years ago, it was great listening to the sea, very relaxing, we had a storm one night that brought waves right to the house, seaweed in the porch etc but no flooding.

My ideal house might be near the sea, were it not for the flood factor. If I ever have my ideal home built it will probably have either a natural or artificial (but realistic) beach landscape, like a bathing lake with sterilised pristine white sand.

The thing is, no one knows how frequent these things could happen, if there's something wayward in the jet stream, then there is every possibility of it happening again, perhaps even regularly.

The implications of living in these areas has more risk factor now, which is a consideration in insurance, value, feasibility etc that have to be accounted for.
edit on 15-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Call yourselves British...Back before the War the Brits would have seen all this water as a challenge. They would have just stuck some Tea Bags in it instead of Sand Bags and then Drank it all away...We have grown soft nowadays...Bah.
Anyone for Tiffen pip pip.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Sometimes I feel like I am more German (hardworking, orderly, thorough) Dutch (cleanliness, efficiency, honesty, modesty, logical) and French (practical, focused, prepared) than British.

I don't really understand the whole bungle schmungle 'don't give a damn', 'let it happen and worry about it after' attitude that seems prevalent in the UK.

I do like decent tea though, Earl grey preferably!

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well said Unity. We can go on forever comparing disasters. There will always be someone worse off. Fact is I don't think any of us suffering from flood or landslip etc would be flippant about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well, the prom and the Jubilee pool are now completely trashed after last nights storm, with paving slabs from the storm being thrown over 100 feet, and the granite blocks of the sea wall torn loose, not to mention the harbour wall taking another battering.

The 1962 storm was worse apparently, but as this is the second big storm in as many weeks (with more to come) the damage is more extensive.

I notice that "money is no object" was only trotted out by cameron when the Thames Valley started getting flooded.

Cornwall is now officially cut off by rail, and the station was completely flooded to the extent it looked like a canal.
ho hum...

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It must have been ferocious there last night.

Here the winds really picked up during the night and are still high today, I was just literally almost blown off my feet half an hour ago by the wind. Thankful for the intermittent sunshine though. Here where there isn't flooding in the local area and winds haven't affected us much, the worst thing from the storms for me has been the lack of daylight and sunshine from constant dark skies.

I can only imagine how awful it is for those that have lost friends or relatives and those whose houses have flooded or been damaged, those whose income, travel, towns and relatives have been affected.

Some of the pictures of the waves in Devon and Cornwall looked immensely high.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Out early this morning and noticed a lot of tree debris in places around town. There are also several trees down around the town and on the way home again, I had to divert as the road I usually use was cordoned off. Seems a large sinkhole - 35feet across and 20 feet deep - appeared overnight and several surrounding homes have been evacuated. Must be down to all the rain we have had I think.

On the way home yesterday fro m the office in Reading, I took the scenic route and off the M4 onto the A404. Quite a sight seeing all the flooding around the Thames and vast tracts under water as I passed the Henley and Marlow exits. Going to take a long time for that to get back to normal.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Argyll

And I bet before those records began there were worse storms... and I bet records will be broken all over the owrld every day forever! England had some bad weather... shock horror!! Let's raise money and make posters for the poor english man that had some rain... Mean while some poor Syrian kids getting his legs blown off!!!!

Pathetic.....sorry, but you have a pathetic view of current events.

No need to apologize.... if you agree with giving money to the English u2u me and i'll give you my address... I prefer cash in £50 notes...

Thank you.

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
Call yourselves British...Back before the War the Brits would have seen all this water as a challenge. They would have just stuck some Tea Bags in it instead of Sand Bags and then Drank it all away...We have grown soft nowadays...Bah.
Anyone for Tiffen pip pip.

I couldn't agree more....

What a bunch of manby panby people we have around today!!

I can't believe all this panic and over the top behavior from our members....

Korg.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, move along...
RSOE EDIS - Giant Wave Impact in United Kingdom on Saturday, 15 February, 2014 at 06:05 (06:05 AM) UTC.

A cruise ship passenger has died after 80mph winds lashed southern Britain and whipped up freak waves in the English Channel. The 85-year-old man was on the 22,000-tonne Marco Polo when water crashed through a window, injuring a number of people. He was airlifted off the vessel along with a woman in her 70s, but later died. A rescue team is searching for two hill walkers missing on Ben Nevis in Scotland a nd up to 30 people are trapped at the Marine Cafe in Milford on Sea, Hampshire, where rough seas have reportedly hurled rocks through windows. The Environment Agency and emergency services have battled to cope with the latest instalment of the worst winter storms in living memory.. The Environment Agency and emergency services have battled to cope with the latest instalment of the worst winter storms in living memory.

bold is mine.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The same buoy that recorded a wave of 75 feet in the last storm recorded one of nearly 91 feet during this one,

That's a pretty big wave!

This video was taken while the storm was just building up, and well before high tide.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Those are high indeed. I recall waves like this in Spain once in a sort of mini tsunami, the sea went out and massive waves appeared, but never this high in the UK and for years I was near the coast and visited the sea often.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join