It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law, happening NOW!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Thorneblood
Why hasn't this been tagged a Hoax yet?

I think there should be another folder to put threads that aren't hoaxes necessarily, but are inaccurate and ridiculous

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Funny I wrote a similar occult based thread on the Dark Knight. Weeks ahead of the premiere.A lot of people died. Lighten up on the OP. www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-2-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

aoxomoxoa
reply to post by Sremmos80

You dont have special "rights" and "liberties" when it comes to attending private events. When you purchase a ticket to said event, you are consenting to the security measures

Private event?
So who is footing the bill for all this security for a private event?
The NFL or the tax payers?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Like every Super Bowl game the security will be provided by the State, in this case NJ.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aoxomoxoa

Understandable that once you are on their grounds and on said private property at this private event.
I just see this as another step further in limiting peoples choices for the cause of "security"
Not a full blown police state like OP makes it out to be by the title, but i bet when you see pictures of that event's security it is going to look paramilitary. Local PDs and LEO should not be a military trained force
I think that is the point that should be made out and OP unfortunately sensationalized it with poor word choice.
What type of attack could they possibly be preventing when they don't allow people to walk to the stadium?
If it is to prevent a non ticketed person form carrying out the attacks then have choke points, pretty common on at any sporting event. I am sure they have plenty of ways of preventing non ticket carrying guest from getting any where near this cash cow, it isn't the first one.
Other then it just makes sure all the money that person spends that day goes to them, not a parking garage that i am sure they already get a cut from anyway.

Also would be interesting if we could see how much of a cut the city is getting on those 150 dollar parking spaces... Five times what the price normally is for parking at the stadium and can't recall hearing a price this high for parking at a sports event either...
edit on ndSun, 02 Feb 2014 16:14:36 -0600America/Chicago220143680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

NJ isn't providing security, just covering the cost.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Is it martial law? Or is it just another incremental step toward a
totalitarian society.

It seems the pervasive opinion here is 'better safe than sorry'.

I would rather accept the risk of living in a free society with all
of its inherent dangers, than to take even one more inevitable
step toward a totalitarian system where the government is responsible
for every aspect of safety.

One day, when all freedom is gone, we will look back with sadness
at the freedoms, and the personal responsibilities for our own safety,
that we let go of willingly.

The path down this road is taken one-step at a time...

...and most of us seem to be marching with blinders on

...but at least we're safe.....for now

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nyiah
This is such a boneheaded claim that I'm apt to never take you seriously. With martial law, no one has a choice to participate or not, in any situation. This is a voluntary event, and a high-profile one at that. Choice is right there-- go in person, or tune in at home. No one's forcing either one there.

But seriously, hockey FTW. Grab-arse in tights is just lame.

Thank you lol. OP must not be from America. New York is the largest target on the planet. This kind of security is necessary. Why, Boston bombings are still fresh and they wanted to bomb new York. You guys always looking for doom and gloom, well there is none here. That is the point.

No conditioning, no fema plans, just keeping people safe lol. Go back and jump in your hole beezzer lol... Nothing to see here lol.

It is like when they stopped you taking liquid onto planes. Valid reason for it, everyone understood it. Same thing applies here.

You folks need to get a life lol.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
This isn't martial law. This is making sure that one of the biggest sports events of the year - which involves packing thousands of people into one designated and widely broadcasted location - doesn't end up being anything other than a fantastic time for everyone involved. Seeing as how I can't properly appreciate the stress of being put in charge of what is effectively 14 Black Fridays rolled into one massive Mardi Gras celebration, complete with men in tights fighting over a pigskin, I can only thank them for their efforts to ensure the safety of our people.

You are exactly right IMO. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Marshal Law.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That post you linked to is just complete nonsense.

It tries to relate pyrotechnics from the 2012 olympics with Paul walkers death with a polar vortex with Bruno mars andthe red hot chili peppers.

Using the theme of hot and cold?

This is actually, sincerely, the most nonsensical thing ive ever read on ATS.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Understandable that once you are on their grounds and on said private property at this private event.
I just see this as another step further in limiting peoples choices for the cause of "security"
Not a full blown police state like OP makes it out to be by the title, but i bet when you see pictures of that event's security it is going to look paramilitary. Local PDs and LEO should not be a military trained force
I think that is the point that should be made out and OP unfortunately sensationalized it with poor word choice.
What type of attack could they possibly be preventing when they don't allow people to walk to the stadium?
If it is to prevent a non ticketed person form carrying out the attacks then have choke points, pretty common on at any sporting event. I am sure they have plenty of ways of preventing non ticket carrying guest from getting any where near this cash cow, it isn't the first one.
Other then it just makes sure all the money that person spends that day goes to them, not a parking garage that i am sure they already get a cut from anyway.

Also would be interesting if we could see how much of a cut the city is getting on those 150 dollar parking spaces... Five times what the price normally is for parking at the stadium and can't recall hearing a price this high for parking at a sports event either...
edit on ndSun, 02 Feb 2014 16:14:36 -0600America/Chicago220143680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

The local law enforcement has a respondibility to ensure the safety of people in the city. This includes traffic control

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is a private venue and they give whatever is asked of them up to see the football. Its their prerogative to do this and it isnt being done against their will.

This isnt martial law. Youll know martial law when you see it because the majority of our populace will demand safety over freedom on a large scale... even if its against their ( and MY/YOUR/EVERYONE'S ) will.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I am sure most can handle walking a mile or two without the need of police "traffic control" to protect them.
Cops also have a job to protect and serve the public not just the needs of the city..

ETA: If they are able to legally walk to the stadium then who is to say they can't when they have bought a ticket to see the private event. In no way does this circumvent the security, most stadiums are easily walked to as well seeing as most are built in the downtown areas. Almost like they figured people would be walking to them
edit on ndSun, 02 Feb 2014 16:43:23 -0600America/Chicago220142380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What I find sad is this is just one more thing to divert attention from the real issue, which is why this security is needed and it is needed.

Our focus should be on ridding the world of the elements who make this type of security necessary, not creating myths blaming those who are just trying to protect the fans so they can enjoy a game. Propaganda of this type benefits the real culprits, which is what they want in the first place.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sremmos80

I am sure most can handle walking a mile or two without the need of police "traffic control" to protect them.
Cops also have a job to protect and serve the public not just the needs of the city..

ETA: If they are able to legally walk to the stadium then who is to say they can't when they have bought a ticket to see the private event. In no way does this circumvent the security, most stadiums are easily walked to as well seeing as most are built in the downtown areas. Almost like they figured people would be walking to them
edit on ndSun, 02 Feb 2014 16:43:23 -0600America/Chicago220142380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

Traffic control is not just about pedestrians. It is about actual vehicle traffic as it relates to the influx of people crossing streets, etc. Not to mention the extra duties of cops on the streets to ensure everyones safety.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So just to make it easier on the ones getting paid to do a job they swore to do, we need to give up our liberties?
Just in the fear of our safety? Where does it stop then? Should we not have people walking around on the streets on days like this? I bet every where around that stadium has an influx in foot traffic. Why don't we need to protect them in the same way?

Next step is to make all playoff games like this, then all regular season games ect ect and then where does it stop? Any private organized event can force predetermined transportation out of the safety for the person attending?

And what better stage to practice moving large scale numbers of people to a designated point? Why is wrong to think that is what they could be doing? Would you want to be part of said exercise against your knowledge?

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There is a very fitting adage that can be placed here.

"He that sacrifices freedom for safety, deserves neither."

Wording may not be exact but the intent is clear.

I prefer to risk my life walking down the street than be held prisoner in my home for my own safety. I don't want to live in a gilded cage and will always cherish the moments of living a life of freedom, no matter how brief.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Sremmos80

So just to make it easier on the ones getting paid to do a job they swore to do, we need to give up our liberties?
Just in the fear of our safety? Where does it stop then? Should we not have people walking around on the streets on days like this? I bet every where around that stadium has an influx in foot traffic. Why don't we need to protect them in the same way?

Next step is to make all playoff games like this, then all regular season games ect ect and then where does it stop? Any private organized event can force predetermined transportation out of the safety for the person attending?

And what better stage to practice moving large scale numbers of people to a designated point? Why is wrong to think that is what they could be doing? Would you want to be part of said exercise against your knowledge?

It's not about making their job easier, it's about allowing them to concentrate on protecting the citizens instead of conducting traffic control. And I would have no problem participating in a readiness drill

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

This is what makes me so annoyed when I hear people say they don't believe the Holocaust ever happened because people never would have just lined up and allowed themselves to be taken to concentration camps, or that they didn't fight or die to protect their children.

Those are the same people lining up and paying 6 months salary or more, to get on the trains to an event that for years people managed to enjoy without this insult.

All aboard!

I hope your destination will always be what you hoped. Some how I think they are on a path with another unbelievable ending. May history treat you kinder than those that went before you.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

aoxomoxoa

Sremmos80

It's not about making their job easier, it's about allowing them to concentrate on protecting the citizens instead of conducting traffic control. And I would have no problem participating in a readiness drill

So making it easier in more words then i said.
Limiting the amount of places they have to do their job....easier...
Have fun in your readiness drills, I know cult leaders planning mass suicides would run them all the time but that probably is nothing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join