It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Nun's Forced Children To Eat Their Own Vomit And Put Soiled Sheets Over Their Heads...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
More information coming forward about this hideously evil institution.

Historical Institutional Abuse Inquiry will examine allegations of abuse at 16 church and state-run care homes across Northern Ireland Children allegedly humiliated, sexually abused and physically assaulted They were 'assaulted with sticks, straps and kettle flexes, forced to bathe in disinfectant, beaten for wetting the bed and locked in cupboards'

The investigation into the behaviour of Catholic nuns from the Sisters of Nazareth children's homes in Londonderry, Northern Ireland, heard children were also forced to bathe in disinfectant and were beaten for wetting the bed.

Forty-nine former residents of the Nazareth House Children's Home and St Joseph's Home, Termonbacca in Derry, have given evidence, describing their treatment at the hands of the nuns to the inquiry sitting at Banbridge courthouse.

A total of 16 church and state-run care homes are being investigated as part of the inquiry presided over by retired judge Sir Anthony Hart, and is expected to run until June next year.

Our children are in real danger from these people. Sixteen homes under investigation, it's only going to get worse. I wish to God people would wake up to this Cult and stop lending them their support. The most evil and disgusting institution ever to disgrace the people of this earth. Pedophilia and outrageous child abuse go hand in hand with these people!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk... nal-child-abuse-told.html#ixzz2rfhNsqZF
edit on 28-1-2014 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I do wonder how anyone can still be a catholic.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

We do have to remember not to lump all Catholic Nuns into this group though. The daily mail is good at making it seem like isolated cases are the norm, they care more about profit than the actually stories.

For example, they did a story about how outrageous Beyoncé was at the grammys with her provocative clothes, but had adverts selling her stocking all over the article!

Still, I agree that the Catholic church needs to CLAMP down on this stuff, it is becoming all too familiar, to the point where this story didn't shock me. I hope the new Pope will try and reform the Catholic church for the better, he's doing a good job so far and is smoking out all the rats that have infested the place.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
After watching a film called called the sisters of Magdalene, where girls were abused in a religious laundry house, is the day i lost faith in religion altogether. People are being sent insane literally and i can't even believe this is still going on. Only in Ireland though eh. They really do need to wake up.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Parksie
After watching a film called called the sisters of Magdalene, where girls were abused in a religious laundry house, is the day i lost faith in religion altogether. People are being sent insane literally and i can't even believe this is still going on. Only in Ireland though eh. They really do need to wake up.

Have you seen this Parksie, it's fkn horrendous.

Unrepentant: Kevin Annett

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

I will be interested to see if the Pope is carrying out real reform or if he is simply a selected' nice face' to save the reputation of the catholic church. Its wait and see in about 3 years time and how many nuns and priests he has had prosecuted by the proper authorities.

Isn't it strange that a religion that teaches about 'suffer the little children to come to me', loving other people and charity etc seems to attract and house some of the most bullying, paedophilic and mean spirited individuals all packed together wearing holy garb.

For crimes like this I would like to see the stocks returned as I would be one of the ones in the front line ready to chuck the worst rotting vegetables at their faces I could find.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My mentor, Romeo .......now, 86 yrs old, was taken by the Catholics.....
He tells a story of torture and even murder at the residential school in .......... BC.
One small punishment (for speaking his native tongue) was being forced to kneel on a broomstick for many hours a day for days.....
This man later became a soldier in both the Canadian, and US army, is a decorated veteran of 2 wars.
It is a wonder to me , how he could consider fighting for the very institutions that tortured his child body and murdered his childhood friends and companions while in residential school......

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can I hope that those wicked nuns will be sent to jail for a long time. A clear message needs to be sent.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Tindalos2013
Can I hope that those wicked nuns will be sent to jail for a long time. A clear message needs to be sent.

Don't hold your breath Tind they never go to jail. It just goes to show the power the Vatican still wields worldwide. Although some people will deny this.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This is just unbelievable. You know, when my brother went through basic training in the army, his drill sergeant made him eat somebody's vomit off of the floor. I kid you not. This fact was later found out by the sergeant's superiors, and I am not sure what they did to him. This just reminded me of that. When I went through basic training, albeit in a different branch of service, I found that most drill instrctors were cool guys.

I think that part of the problem in cases like this is that some people cannot handle any type of authority. When they are given a certain amount of power over other people, even children, they will abuse it. We see this all the time in various places. Just look at the problems we have with law enforcement officers. There are many who should not be given such power, especially considering that they apparently don't realize they are there to protect people's rights and enforce the law. That doesn't involve invading a person's privacy, even if they think the person has done something wrong. We have due process for a reason, and laws for a reason, and they should never be broken by those tasked with enforcing them.

And then you have teachers, who have a certain amount of power over kids, especially in private schools, or schools that operate a bit differently from public schools. Schools where the students actually live on campus. Look at the abuses of the Catholic priests. It is the EXACT same problem that I mentioned, and it happens in various places. It is the abuse of power. The personal reasons, or why these people do these things, will probably vary, but the underlying theme is abuse of power. I think that there needs to be some type of screening done for anyone who would hold such a position, and if this is not adequate, then there needs to be some type of redundant supervision.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Maybe I am an idealist but I have a hard time believing these stories and particularly when they go back 30 years or more. Hard to believe a child would not have said something sooner. I read some accounts related to this story and there were children 16 to 18 years old. None of them said anything? Hard to believe since a 16 year old has the capacity to seek out help and yet none did. No police reports? No seeking out outside intervention at the time? No records of any complaints at the time?

Eating vomit seems to be a re-occurring theme and i find that totally bizarre and counter productive to have a sick child eat vomit which would only induce more vomiting.

Submersed in a disinfectant "Jeyes fluid" and no medical complications like rashes, burning eyes, throats, blindness etc. especially on a child's skin seems to not be possible. Coupled with the fact that no one subjected to this came forward decades ago, not even a whistle blower. IDK, seems like we are being taen for a ride here.

Here is an MSDS for exposure to the mentioned cleaning fluid:

www.kramp.com...

More info:

I cannot locate (lack of time) the original source of the quote below that refers specifically to Jeyes fluid exposure. Can be found through google search - www.google.com... e=UTF-8#q=Jeyes+Fluid+exposure

Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.HARMFUL.Harmful in contact with skin and if swallowed.Risk of serious damage to eyes.Irritating to skin.May cause sensitisation by skin contact.Do notbreathe spray, use only in well ventilated areas.Avoid contact with skin and eyes.In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.In case of contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.If swallowed seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label.Empty container thoroughly and dispose of safety.SAFETY.1. Apply away from fish and pets, especially cats.2. Store in a warm place, protect from frost.3. Jeyes Fluid may stain or soften some plastics or discolour brick or paintwork.4. Do not exceed recommended concentrations.5. Not for indoor use.6. If spilled wash away immediately with plenty of water.7. Shake well before use.8. Avoid contact of product with plant life.9. Do not use if pregnant.10. Use only as directed.Directions for OUTDOOR Cleaning.

It is not only this case either. There are numerous other cases that just dont seem right to me and never panned when investigated, only allegations. One case being the Franklin scandal of many years ago and the movie related to it. I am sure the fraud charges and subsequent convictions were credible but the other stuff...not so much at all. In that case i had a tough time with the witnesses and also the outrageous allegations just seemed too far fetched. If you think about it, someone rises to a certain level in their career, making good money, perks etc., to take a chance like that? Just never seemed right to me. Like it never passed the logic test.

edit on 28-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvin

i guess everyone is just lying then, again! It must be so frustrating for members of the catholic church to be accused of these crimes, consistently. I almost feel sorry for them!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

DrunkYogi
reply to post by Harvin

i guess everyone is just lying then, again! It must be so frustrating for members of the catholic church to be accused of these crimes, consistently. I almost feel sorry for them!

But the reality is that we see these crimes in the news every day and from all demographics. I am referring to sexual abuse, crimes against women, brutality etc. Can't just single out one group, even if it makes you feel good. These types of crimes should not be presented to derive enjoyment - seems like you enjoy it too much though, that is just the feeling i get and if crimes were committed one should not derive enjoyment. Does not matter if we likedis-like a group, organisation, race etc.

If they are found to be true then law enforcement and the legal system will hopefully render a verdict. I am no fan of "revolving door justice system" either, so i support strict sentences in these types cases.

There is a concept called "innocent until proven guilty" and you have it backwards. Dangerous road to go down.

You didn't answer any of my questions though and i thought they were reasonable.
edit on 28-1-2014 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I worked in and ran group homes for many years and the public would be horrified if they knew the truth of what happens to children in institutionalized settings. Many of the incidents are never reported or are swept under the rug. The state does regulate these places but they are short on qualified people to oversee everything and many times things fall through the cracks. Out of the hundreds of children I came in contact with over the years most if not all had been victims of abuse in some way or another during some part of their lives. I have seen and heard so many things that will haunt me till the day I die... It's really sad. It amazes me that some people are able to deny such atrocities or try to explain them away and label them as impossibilities. You have no idea... None at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

We do have to remember not to lump all Catholic Nuns into this group though. The daily mail is good at making it seem like isolated cases are the norm, they care more about profit than the actually stories.

You are wrong. There were three types of Nuns.
The ones in charge who condoned this treatment.
The ones that abused.
The ones that to this very day, remain silent and do nothing.

Yes, I lump them all together!

P

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

SilverStarGazer

Out of the hundreds of children I came in contact with over the years most if not all had been victims of abuse in some way or another during some part of their lives. I have seen and heard so many things that will haunt me till the day I die... It's really sad. It amazes me that some people are able to deny such atrocities or try to explain them away and label them as impossibilities. You have no idea... None at all.

We may be talking about different circumstances. All people are or have been abused in one form\extent or another. Could be ridiculed by a group and you dont fit in. Usually mild but still a form of abuse. These things occur in many homes too. A parent with a substance abuse problem who comes home at 2 am every other night and the grade school son or daughter waiting up all night for them to come home and then is pretty much screwed in school the next day so he\she gets bad grades. Verbal abuse as well. Going to school in the late 80s i had a teach throw a hard cover book at me from across a room, almost hit me too. I was being disruptive though so never made an issue of it. Would that fly today? I seriously doubt it but then no one batted an eye.

If you are talking about sexual or physical abuse then that is a whole other realm and should ALWAYS be reported.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

These types of crimes should not be presented to derive enjoyment - seems like you enjoy it too much
reply to post by Harvin

I will tell you something friend, i haven't been angry with anything for a very, very, long time. that comment of yours has got me absolutely raging!!! DON'T EVER ACCUSE ME OF DERIVING SOME SORT OF ENJOYMENT FROM THE ABUSE OF CHILDREN.

But the reality is that we see these crimes in the news every day and from all demographics

Can you name me another institution/organization that has sacked 400 people for child abuse? And has another 400 under investigation? I have heard this type of argument before. It is absolute garbage. And that is only the tip of the ice berg. It never ceases to amaze me that some people on here try to defend these sick perverts. It really makes me wonder why!!! Strange, don't you think?
Maybe like attracts like..........

Benedict XVI defrocked nearly 400 priests in two years

Plus other instances of Child Abuse......

Catholic Church abuse scandals Germany - A priest, named only as Andreas L, admitted in 2012 to 280 counts of sexual abuse involving three boys over a decade United States - Revelations about abuses in the 1990s by two Boston priests, Paul Shanley and John Geoghan, caused public outrage Belgium - The bishop of Bruges, Roger Vangheluwe, resigned in April 2010 after admitting that he had sexually abused a boy for years Italy - The Catholic Church in Italy admitted in 2010 that about 100 cases of paedophile priests had been reported over 10 years Ireland - A report in 2009 found that sexual and psychological abuse was "endemic" in Catholic-run industrial schools and orphanages for most of the 20th century

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Forgot to check this thread, it's a late reply. No i not seen your video you posted but if it's anything like the one i mentioned (magdalene vid) I would rather not stress myself out and that's all it can do. If one cant be any less religious then this type of information can only make us more hateful.

edit on 8-2-2014 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

join