It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did they catch on video in the sky above Sacramento, CA a few days ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

January 26, 014 11:05 PM EST (TRN www.TurnerRadioNetwork.com... ) -- A news helicopter from KCRA-TV channel 3 in Sacramento, CA has caught on video, a large and previously unknown rogue planet. TRN has obtained the video from the helicopter and from the newscast where the news anchors speculate about what they joked was a "celestial rock." The object was so massive, it partially eclipsed what appears to be the planet Venus. It appears this is a rogue planet and it is on course for earth. If so, the gravitational effects of that rogue planet will wreak absolute havoc upon earth: Weather anomalies, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, changing ocean tides and more. Take a look at the video and decide for yourself.

On August 27, 2013, then-Secretary of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano was retiring and gave a farewell speech in which she mentioned that her successor would face ". . . a natural disaster, the impact of which will dwarf Hurricane Sandy and other disasters in recent memory." Many wondered what she meant; now we know:

On Friday, January 24, 2014, station KCRA-TV channel 3 in Sacramento, CA aired live helicopter video of a planet-sized object in the sky that was NOT earth's moon.

It was visible just before sunrise, to those in California looking to the east, northeast.

OK, I opened up my Stellarium, set it for Sacramento on the 24th. Set the date for the 24th and located Venus. Indeed it rises just before the sun BUT it is a tiny sliver of a crescent right now, according to Stellarium.

So anyone got any ideas of what they saw? I am intrigued. I have no idea. Rogue planet? I don't believe that...but what was it?
edit on 27-1-2014 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm curious what it is. Thought I saw it rise too, but it was the moon.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Hi Violet,

Went back to Stellarium to look at the moon from Sacramento on the 25th. Doesn't look anything like whats in the video.

Went to look up moon phases for Sacramento for 2014.
www.timeanddate.com...

Third Quarter Phase Jan 23 9:19 PM

Oh, and it rose around 3 am

and here is an interesting video about the "Black Moon" Meaning, there will be two new moons this month, the second baing on the 30th. And there IS NO New Moon at all in February. Not related to this particular post but interesting nonetheless

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Am I the only one slightly confused here?
Isn't that just the moon?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Strange indeed, i've worked with those cameras and couldn't imagine that they would be able to pick up the eclipse on venus so accurately....odd, very odd

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

read my edited post above, please and thank you

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

that is not a 3rd quarter phase moon in that video

Its not Venus either

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

But wouldn't anything of that magnitude be seen widely across the U.S at least?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yes, you would think so right? It's all just really confusing..

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

berkeleygal

that is not a 3rd quarter phase moon in that video

Its not Venus either

Think you misunderstood me, I didn't suggest it was the moon....And, I said it would be odd for one of those cameras to be able to pick up the eclipse off venus....meaning, I didn't think it was venus.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Venus in Phase.....
Good God people, this is childhood science. Also know your sources that publish MSM that is clueless.
Turner News Network, like GLP, is akin to the Enquirer at the supermarket checkout. Bad Bad

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

sorry! I meant that as a reply to thorneblood I believe... clicked you by mistake

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

go check out Stellarium, Venus is a TINY SLIVER of a crescent at this time... if I am wrong then so be it

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Very interesting. As you know, I am in Washington State. I will keep an eye out to the East/NE and see if I can spot anything.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Venus...check Stellarium. Interesting find though.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The image is so over-saturated, it represents venus incorrectly. Too much width.
Venus is at approx 10% of its solar coverage. If this were a Newtonian camera, astrological telescope with image brightness control, you would see a thin crecent. They are looking at it with a cell phone camera, or camera designed for daytime use only, no intensity control.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

berkeleygal
reply to post by charlyv

go check out Stellarium, Venus is a TINY SLIVER of a crescent at this time... if I am wrong then so be it

You are wrong, but it is not your fault.
You are right that venus is a sliver, 10% solar coverage.

Improper imaging, wrong equipment. See my further post.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

I guess this childhood science confused him too. Thanks for setting us straight with your educated opinion.KCRS.COM

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I dont think its chopper footage is it? They joke to the guy that he should take the chopper up.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I agree. A news camera shouldnt be able to pick that up. It should just look like a bright star.

<<   2  3 >>

join