It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu - Longest episode Ive ever experienced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So it was either Friday or Saturday and I was watching Conan O'Brien, eating chips and it was in that moment when deja vu began and it lasted about 20 seconds. I probably have deja vu every other month and they usually last 7-8 seconds but this last one was long. Whenever I experience deja vu I always try to extend it... Not that I know how, exactly, but I try by just staying in the moment I suppose. The episodes always seem to be unimportant pieces of everyday life. Anyway, I know many of us are interested by this phenomenon, so thought I'd share this episode. Carry on!

edit on 0809x6708America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

did you find there was one thing that triggered it, or did it just come on?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Deja vu is very interesting to me. I seriously think of the matrix everytime it happens now.. There's a glitch...
I don't think I've had a déjà vu expericence that lasted that long though.
Was it the episode it self that seemed so familar? Just nat the curious cat here.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I get it randomly a few times a month. Supposedly its a delay in the senses that cause it. Im not so sure about that.

I have has some cases where i swear it was minutes before the feeling went away. I have even tried to control it, to try and look ahead to no avail.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

six67seven
So it was either Friday or Saturday and I was watching Conan O'Brien, eating chips and it was in that moment when deja vu began and it lasted about 20 seconds. I probably have deja vu every other month and they usually last 7-8 seconds but this last one was long. Whenever I experience deja vu I always try to extend it... Not that I know how, exactly, but I try by just staying in the moment I suppose. The episodes always seem to be unimportant pieces of everyday life. Anyway, I know many of us are interested by this phenomenon, so thought I'd share this episode. Carry on!

edit on 0809x6708America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

That sounds really interesting. Perhaps someone altered reality and you were aware of it?
It is always highly unusual for me when it happens. Maybe it will never be fully understood

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I av had it a few times for a few seconds like iv done this before, iv been hear before, evan tho i haven't but My mum once had a vivid déjà vu she was walking to an old friends new house down a country lane in the summer and she suddenly stopped, iv been hear before... etc the usual but the strangest thing is her friend was like no you haven't then my mum says its a big white cottage with a big red post box outside. her friend is gobsmacked they turn the corner and ther it is big white cottage big red post box.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

natalia

Deja vu is very interesting to me. I seriously think of the matrix everytime it happens now.. There's a glitch...
I don't think I've had a déjà vu expericence that lasted that long though.
Was it the episode it self that seemed so familar? Just nat the curious cat here.

Btw Natalia ye I always think of the cat too lol
edit on 26-1-2014 by BoovDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think, and I must make clear I know nothing lol
It could have something to do with how reality curves back onto itself like a sphere and the human brain is receiving this data anywhere up to one half to seven seconds before the experience is perceived. There are some good threads on this and 'NorEaster' is well informed of this topic I believe. Not that they should be hassled, but a quick search might reveal something useful.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Well no, it was the latest episode of Conan so I hadnt seen it before (or apparently I had). I remember eating the same chips, sitting on the same spot on the couch, then glancing out the window and even Conan's portion of show... Then i remember thinking about knowing it was deja vu and trying to make it last, then it ran out. Now that I think about, this is only the second time Ive bought these kind of chips.... Maybe that was the trigger.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

See I'm a believer in things that can't be explained by science. Some times I feel that déjà vu is a form of a parallel dimension and we have actually already experienced it in the other universe and then when it happens in this universe it seems familiar since it is all connected ....imo...

Or I could just be a crazy cat lady who has no idea

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Completely plausible. If the multi-verse exists then it would be a likely cause. Think of it like the cosine and sine waves...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

natalia

See I'm a believer in things that can't be explained by science. Some times I feel that déjà vu is a form of a parallel dimension and we have actually already experienced it in the other universe and then when it happens in this universe it seems familiar since it is all connected ....imo...

Time is a temporal dimension. It exists and doesn't exist at the same time so potentially unlimited dimensions are involved.
The dimensions are equivalent I believe, to the amount of solar bodies in the universe, or individual unique perceptions (self aware life forms).

We have the three dimensions that we understand and can be objectified easily (LxWxH) plus the fourth which is "time", which we have tried to do without much accuracy. Time is unique to the self aware observer (me/you) and can be manipulated with awareness. Now what happens is that the four can be brought together in awareness to create another unique dimension.

The fifth dimension. This is the universe literally so what boundaries can be put on consciousness?
Infinity I say lol
edit on 26-1-2014 by TheDualityExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I have déjà Vu so much that it's kind of scary, and def makes me feel like it is not just a brain malfunction. Anyway, mine are almost always events that happen before something bad (in my memory) so I always try to do something different. Superstitious I guess, but there are times when it is just every day things like yours. I'm generally don't do anything during those déjà vu experiences because I feel like it is clarification that I am where I'm supposed to be. Haha, I feel like a nut now. Cheers...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

natalia

I tend to think this as well... If nothing else it makes my existence more exciting to believe that.
edit on 26-1-2014 by SleepyOwl because: Typo

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Dejavu....

The weird thing about dejavu is this --- the event is not important, not trivial.
"I have a dejavu/premonition of a bird flew into the house" and it did, now what ? - nothing.

The event is pretty much as OP said - not important.
Why is it like that ?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Maybe it IS proof that our minds create everything around us and it IS a glitch but not in the matrix sense, a glitch in our minds that our consciousness sees for a brief moment what our minds are about to create for us...

I dunno why it says i posted at ten past 2 its ten past 8
edit on 27-1-2014 by BoovDawg because: (no reason given)

join