It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project of aerial mapping of area 51 by civilians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well sort of, depending on how good you are at tying things together, sometimes just knowing the existence of a project can help you fit in more pieces to the puzzle

But I think he was more talking about if you flew a hexcopter over the base taking photos, they could classify it as espionage depending on who you shared the photography with I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If there was anything of (real)interest up there, it would be at the S4 facility, which is over the hill from Area51, but that's a big if. I guess it depends on what you'd like to see?

When George Knapp ran the Lazar story back in the 90's, the place became the most famous (non)secret military base on the planet, so it begs the question: if they were hiding some whacky stuff out there why would they continue to do so? Every serious UFO fan for thousands of miles was beating a hasty path to the perimeter of 51, they certainly wouldn't risk test flying anything, ET or human, at night or not.

My opinion is this: whether 51(S4) ever had any exotic stuff is up for debate, but whatever they had has been moved someplace else. Whilst the OP and legions of others are trying to get a look at the wrong place, and that suits the military just fine, they're probably using a different secret facility most people have never heard of, or that we don't suspect, the other side of the country, or world, who knows. I'm sure there is some very secret and very cool stuff at 51, but the real juicy stuff, if there ever was any, is long gone.

edit on 25-1-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Not really. People have flown near the base in private aircraft with nothing more than a come to jesus meeting.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

seabhac-rua

When George Knapp ran the Lazar story back in the 90's, the place became the most famous (non)secret military base on the planet, so it begs the question: if they were hiding some whacky stuff out there why would they continue to do so? Every serious UFO fan for thousands of miles was beating a hasty path to the perimeter of 51, they certainly wouldn't risk test flying anything, ET or human, at night or not.

My opinion is this: whether 51(S4) ever had any exotic stuff is up for debate, but whatever they had has been moved someplace else. Whilst the OP and legions of others are trying to get a look at the wrong place, and that suits the military just fine, they're probably using a different secret facility most people have never heard of, or that we don't suspect, the other side of the country, or world, who knows. I'm sure there is some very secret and very cool stuff at 51, but the real juicy stuff, if there ever was any, is long gone.

edit on 25-1-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

Your opinion and $1.95 gets you a medium coffee at Starbucks. I prefer photographic evidence. The base has expanded since George Knapp's expose, and has done so periodically. They just grubbed some land the last time I was on Tikaboo (Oct 2013). I fully expect to see new buildings when I photograph the base this year.

It sure would be nice if someone else other than me got off their arse and shot a panorama of the base. The so-called leading Area 51 website has to steal my last TIkaboo photo session for their forum. [Yeah, I'm looking at you, "WheresJanet."]

Grubbed land for new building

Groom Lake panorama 0ctober 2013

And why do you think they fly a new (OK, slightly used) fleet of 737s to Groom Lake every day if there is nothing there?

If you want to photograph the base, there are three ways to do this:
1) satellite
2) manned airplane or helicopter
3) Tikaboo

You will never fly a remote control airplane to Groom Lake due to the distances involved. Any scheme that provided remote control would be thwarted by the base, provided they don't terminate your drone with their F-16s or from a door gunner in a Pave Hawk.

Tikaboo has the advantage of loiter time. As long as someone is on the peak, they are loath to show much of anything besides Janets, bog standard aircraft (F-16, etc), and some of the "commie" stuff that everyone knows they own, like Sukois. That shot I got of a F-117 at the base was about as exotic as it ever got.

I think a person could get quite close on foot a la Jerry Freeman. It is a big desert and there are all sorts of animals roaming it .I also don't think you would see much unless you got lucky.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Why do you think that you are discussing Area51? Why is it the most famous 'secret' military base in the world?

Whether the original allegations about the base and what Lazar saw out there are true or not, those allegations are the reason people obsess about that place. So they added a new hangar, so they extended the canteen area, so they put in a mini golf course for the base commander, so what? The place is still a functioning military base.

All I'm saying is this: if there was stuff, like flying saucer stuff, out there, it's been moved someplace else, capisce?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

There's plenty of stuff still flying out of there. It's still a classified test center and probably will be for a long time to come.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Zaphod58

There's plenty of stuff still flying out of there. It's still a classified test center and probably will be for a long time to come.

My queation is why put it there? The USA owns hundred of small pacific islands? Why not put your testing sight there? Could do what the hell you liked.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Because it's a lot easier to move a few hundred miles from California to Nevada than halfway around the world.

At the time it was created projects like the A-12 were trucked from Palmdale to Groom.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The good news is Lazar's story is fiction, hence there is nothing to move to some unknown secret base because there was never alien technology at Groom Lake in the first place.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by crazyewok

Because it's a lot easier to move a few hundred miles from California to Nevada than halfway around the world.

At the time it was created projects like the A-12 were trucked from Palmdale to Groom.

And in fact the NTS exists for the same reason: it is not far away. Originally they were testing nukes in the Pacific, but is was time consuming traveling out there, hence the need for a CONUS proving ground.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You DO know that stealth suit or blanket thing is just a hoax, right?
The user in those pics are using a colored blanket and chroma keying out the color, making it look like its not actually there
No such thing as an 'invisibility suit'
DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
who needs spies when the dumb american public are determined to leak everything they can about their nations top secret weapons development facility?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
who needs spies when the dumb american public are determined to leak everything they can about their nations top secret weapons development facility?

To be fair if my goverment spent nearly a Trillion $ on defence I would want to know what the bloody hell they were doing with my tax money!

edit on 26-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The public has found out almost nothing that happens there that hasn't been declassified by the government, other than construction projects.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

JohnnySasaki

What you really need, is one of these and a HD go pro camera, and a big hard drive in your back pack.

www.hyperstealth.com...
edit on 25-1-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

Is that technology infra-red proof? Just wondering.

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

soulwaxer

JohnnySasaki

What you really need, is one of these and a HD go pro camera, and a big hard drive in your back pack.

www.hyperstealth.com...
edit on 25-1-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

Is that technology infra-red proof? Just wondering.

soulwaxer

Well their website says it is. If it is a hoax, it doesn't really matter considering we'll have one eventually. Nanotech should be able to provide one within the next 10-20 years, assuming the government doesn't already have one. With the trillions of dollars of funding they have to spend, and considering an invisibility suit would probably be on the top of their list of wants, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't already have one.

And to the person who said it was a hoax, the website says it's not the actual material you're seeing in the pictures btw, just a demonstration of the principle. I'm not really convinced it's real yet either though.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The public has found out almost nothing that happens there that hasn't been declassified by the government, other than construction projects.

But not for want of trying lol

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Trying doesn't mean much though if you don't get anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Groom Lake never divulged that they have at least one SU-27, but I did. The presence of Lincoln Labs at Groom Lake was never divulged, but you can find video of N105TB shot from Tikaboo. Even Have Glib is barely acknowledged, but the foreign radar at Groom has been photographed.

Chuck Clarke said he saw a Backfire from Tikaboo, but unfortunately no photograph.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

And the chances of seeing a truly black project, as opposed to a classified project are slim to none.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join