It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project of aerial mapping of area 51 by civilians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You'd be in handcuffs so fast you wouldn't know what hit you. You and everyone else would be guilty of using a private recording device in posted RESTRICTED -PROPERTY/AIRSPACE.

That being your personal recording devices in their government restricted area. I believe signs are posted as well saying RESTRICTED AREA. NO ADMITTANCE PAST THIS POINT. NO PHOTOGRAPHY PERMITTED etc, etc, etc...

Illegally flying in and recording counts as a violation just the same... and would be a stupid thing to attempt.

PS And its well known that there is nothing to see above ground. Its mostly all underground except the some hangers and runways.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by daaskapital

The testing takes place at night. It's still going on. They have spent a lot of money upgrading the base. You don't do that on an abandoned base even as a cover.

Fair enough.

As for upgrading Area 51, it may very well be for legitimate purposes. That being said, it actually wouldn't surprise me if the government actually did upgrade useless bases as a cover.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by JohnnySasaki

They have sensors on the base far beyond visual. Unless you have developed a suit that makes you invisible, blocks IR, and makes you weightless you wouldn't get past the fence.

Apparently it blocks every wavelength, and the weight sensors are usually for heavy stuff like cars. Even if you trip one, and they can't see you, what are they going to do? Obviously there would be other ways of getting in the base besides walking in if you had one of those suits. You could sneak into the Janet terminal and ride the flight in. I mean, all you have to do is use your imagination.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Try it and see how far you get. You won't make the base.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I kmow of at least one project currently flying out of there. It's quite active.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Outfit a vehicle just like the Google unmanned vehicle and let it loose in the facility just to see how far it gets. Might get some good pictures before they use the bazooka's on it.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

the fences aren't anywhere near the base, you would see nothing but desert, before it gets shot down, and ou would probably get arrested

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Try it and see how far you get. You won't make the base.

Lol, you have to give me a reason why. You can't just say, well they have a countermeasure for that, blah blah blah. I WOULD try it if I had a freakin invisibility suit, but I don't. You could easily make it to the base if you did. All you'd have to be is not a complete idiot, and they'd never see you coming.

Give me one good reason why you couldn't sneak onto a janet flight, hitch a ride on one of those buses, or if all else fails just hike in on foot. Remember THEY CAN"T SEE YOU. I remember saying it blocks EVERY WAVELENGTH.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Mass sensors set for people, noise sensors and other advanced sensors little is known about. People trying to get on the base aren't going to just try to drive up to it. They are going to try to get close on foot. Sensors are going to be set for that.

Not to mention dogs and other low tech means.
edit on 1/25/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Frankinpillow
US military, CIA, and Defense Contractors is, relocation, relocation. Since Area 51 has been official acknowledged it is no longer a secret facility as such, there fore a target for foreign intelligence agencies. There is always other secret facilities that take over once one has been exposed.

I'm sure they would do something ago people trying to fly small helicopters or drones over classified areas.

Many countries can have air surveillance of any US territory with full support of the government

Open skies

I'm sure they saw it long before it got declassify

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Open Skies flights won't get anything. The flights are announced 72 hours ahead of time. Classified test programs can be hidden within hours. The treaty doesn't allow access to any black projects.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Might even see the mars rover

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

It seems like every few months we have a thread on here saying let's gather all these people and do a mass walk in/fly over the base, let's be honest try finding someone that will knowingly break the law risking possible jail time just to be able to Area 51 at less resolution than you'd be able to with satellite pictures.

IMO it just really isn't worth it and you won't find anyone that's willing to do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Zaphod58

The testing takes place at night.

To set the record straight, I am sure they do testing during the day. However, airborne tests of anything they don't want the public to see is likely done on moonless nights.
edit on 25-1-2014 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Black project testing occurs at night, both moonless and otherwise. Some systems testing and testing of less classified stuff is done in the day.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't know the range on those toys but don't believed its very far.And those hangers are miles from anything.In other words they wouldn't be able to get close enough to see any activity without getting themselves arrested...or shot.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wouldnt this be espinoge?

Trying to steal secrets im guessing wont end well.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

They'd probably test more mundane things during the day, say a new sensor pod on an F-16, people looking from afar won't notice much difference.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
To fly the multicopters would involve radio signals, which I believe could and would easily be jammed rendering your aerial platform redundant. Just an opinion.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You aren't stealing anything. Knowing the existance of a project doesn't tell you anything about it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join