It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots to Breed with Each Other and Humans by 2045

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Cybernetics experts say it's possible for robots to breed with each other, and with humans, by 2045.

The magical transhumanist date of 2045 holds many predictions for how man will attain his final merger with computer systems and usher in an age of "spiritual" machines. Ray Kurzweil has issued a bevy of likely scenarios in his book The Singularity is Near, and continues to suggest that much of those predictions could arrive much sooner....

Now cybernetic experts are pointing to the trends in robotics, artificial intelligence, and 3D printing to suggest that the "merger" could go beyond the establishment of an era of cyborgs and into a very literal one: sex with robots.

Robots to Breed With Each Other & Humans

Sex with robots is already here. Robots learning from each other is already on the horizon. But could there be a future "master race" that actually reconciles human dna with robotics? A lot of people say it can't be done but that's not what experts in the cybernetics field are saying. Color me intrigued - nothing would surprise me anymore.

The article goes into robot breeding. Another thread here addressed that in a different experiment:
Navy, Robots breeding

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Not in my house.
Robot/Human breeding will not be allowed.
We will still be eating home grown organics in 2045,and there shall be no robot incursion onto my land.
If the AI robot police try anything silly,they will end up reprogrammed to dig my fields,and harvest my veggies.
That I promise.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I wonder if they'll say "Not tonight honey, I've got a headache"

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Can't wait...tell you what though. He better warm his parts up first.....
...There's nothing worse that cold hard steel!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Lol...is that even racist?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmhotaru

how does human dna mesh with silicon to create new lifeform?

link   

Well, if they're talking about "robot DNA" I don't see how that's different than regular DNA, so they're talking about genetic engineering. If they're talking about sex robots, if it keeps even a few girls and women from being exploited through prostitution/human trafficking, I say bring em on. Good work. If they're talking about something weird, like growing cells to interact with circuit boards, I say look out for unforeseen consequences. Hell, look at the unexpected consequences from a lot of things people have already come up with.

I think in 2050 people will look back at these prediction the way they looked back at "The Jetsons" style predictions from the 1950s. Tech progress is slower than it looks.

+3 more 
link   

I'll breed with Athena or Boomer. Or whatever copy is lying around…

edit on 24-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse

What are ya a rasist,,its none of your business what the Robots do in private

AthlonSavage

the Nanobot DNA will combine with the human dna
edit on 24-1-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Soooo I'll still be dead and single in 2045. But then again I don't need a life partner arguing with me with 100 million tarabytes of memory to bring up in my face!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Woo Hoo!!!!

I used to have only one creepy fantasy but now I have two!!!!!

My first fantasy has to do with a funnel, a hose, peanut butter and a bunch of cotton balls. It's complicated so I won't describe the whole thing.

My second fantasy is having sex with a girl robot.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
My son who is 6 years old loves, absolutely adores that new show on fox "Almost Human". All things robot in cartoons too. I think he is going to very interested in the trans-humanism movement when he is older.

This thread reminds me of some of the tech and ideas postulated in that television series. I wonder if the show creators are in contact with top cybernetics in the field to give the show some predictive qualities to it.

Silicone's response made me laugh.

CdT

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

Not silicon engineered DNA, already been done.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well there are some pretty odd people in the world, one japanese gamer in his 20's whom was recently mentioned has difficulty becoming aroused unless he is watching a female computer character, there have been people for a long time not with a strange fetish of using genital electric shock for pleasure (Well if your teenage walks out of there room with there hair all standing on end you may have a possible cause) one german tourist died on holiday using a home made shocking mechanism, the voltage in his hotel room was not regulated and of a different specification but apparently he was found stone dead with a smile on his face by the hotel staff when his room was meant to be vacated and he had been dead for at least four day's, then of course there was that guy whom had to try the water circulation vent while on holiday in south america, the ambulance were called, they called the fire service, they called the police and even the coast guard got in on the act while this poor american tourist with a swolen member firmly lodged by the negative pressure was stuck for a good few hours.

But Robot's breeding, nah, self replicating complex machinary are quite a bit further off than 2045, would require nano technology and as for breeding with humans. not ever going to be possible unless they actually are android/humans with super small nano technological systems that replicate not only the function of human cells but also the bio chemistry and that would put them not as robots but as artificial humans, perhaps physically far superior to there predecessor so what sane superior artificial human is going to want to breed with a primitive biological mass, they might instead reach a synthesis of human and machine far beyond the cyborg were we may enhance and eventually replace our evolution with these super human machines but if we ever do it will be more like a hundred years or far more from today and only in a world were such an invention was desired but maybe some super rich egotists might try to make one for themselves in order to live indefinetly and that will only come when a machine with not only human memory but human consciousness capability has been perfected, when and if.

S+F for an interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
Not in my house.
We will still be eating home grown organics in 2045,and there shall be no robot incursion onto my land.
If the AI robot police try anything silly,they will end up reprogrammed to dig my fields,and harvest my veggies.
That I promise.

Sorry you may already have nanobots in your body, eventually everyone will have nanobots collecting and meshing with the human brain.No need to give your permission, they replicate and swim in your bloodstream to the brain.

Scientists Ready New Nanobots to Swim in Human Blood Stream
Jason Mick (Blog) - January 21, 2009 9:40 AM

www.dailytech.com...

Probably dropping them from the sky all over the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

hot

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Gives a new meaning to "snap on tool"

How I will love the day.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Didn't we learn anything from Battlestar Galatica? lol
THE CYLONS WILL ATTACK US ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Project Immortal 2045/ Russia 2045 is a really cool concept and I really hope that they acheive their goal.

With a new-age Space-race and Robotics-race this next 40-50 years are just going to be amazing.
I just hope that they don't turn on us like they show in pretty much all of the good movies/games that involve Artificial intelegence. IE 2001: A space oddessy, BattleStar Galatica, Irobot, Mass Effect ect.

That is my only worry or problem I have with AI.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer

hot

Nuff said! Lol

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gives an all new meaning to a hard on!
Breeding will be somewhat electric and more mechanical I guess.
From robocop to robopop.
Pop as in sexual intercourse
and
Pop as in robo becomes a father.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join