It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken, bacon and cheese casserole.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My friend posted the other night on her Facebook that she was having this for dinner. I asked how she made it and she gave me the steps on how she made it. I winded up changing a few things however. I used homemade cream of chicken soup and I used egg noodles instead of shell pasta. I also added bacon and cheese as a topper. I always find that with a creamy casserole egg noodles are better. Regular pasta noodles in my opinion make it too heavy of a meal. The only "casserole" type dish I use pasta noodles in is my baked macaroni and cheese. I will 99% of the time use egg noodles in a casserole but you can use whatever noodles you want in this. I think any would be good!

Chicken, bacon and cheese casserole

Ingredients
2 cups of chicken, cubed.
1 lb thick cut bacon
3 cups homemade cream of chicken soup or 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup.
1 1/2 cups of cheese and 1/4 on the side (you can use any cheese, my friend used cheddar. I used the Mexican shredded blend)
1 1/4 tsp minced garlic (she used powdered but no idea how much)
3 cups egg noodles

Directions
Cook bacon, crumble and set aside. Also set aside about 1/4 cup of the crumbled bacon.
Cook chicken in the same pan as the bacon, grease and all. Set aside.
Cook egg noodles for 2 MINS ONLY. You don't want them fully cooked.
Once chicken is done mix chicken, bacon, soup, garlic, noodles and cheese in a large bowl. I also added some of the bacon chicken grease.
Pour into decent sized casserole dish and top with the 1/3 cup of bacon.
Bake uncovered for 25mins at 400F (204C) At the 10min mark top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and finish baking.
Let sit for a few mins before serving, it's VERY hot!

My friend didn't do the toppings like I did. I added that. I love crumbled bacon on a casserole! I sometimes will mix it with panko and butter for other casserole toppings. A nice little crunch on top is the perfect topping, like icing on a cake. lol

edit on 1/23/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Forgot the garlic!!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I make this and call it Cheesy Bake

Oh and If you swap the Chicken for Chorizo sausage It is yummy in your tummy.
A great tip is to add some smashed up crisps to the top of it for the last few mins in the oven.
Oh and also I use pasta instead of noodles.
edit on 23-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I make this and call it Cheesy Bake

A great tip is to add some smashed up crisps to the top of it for the last few mins in the oven.
Oh and also I use pasta instead of noodles.

Yea I can't believe I've never made anything like this before.

What are smashed up crisps?

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

dayum! That looks delicious. Bookmarked to try later.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh I forget they call em chips in the USA.
Bacon crisps are best...Frazzles even better

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Looks REALLY good... think I'll try it with hashbrowns/cubed potatoes instead of noodles though. Thanks!

edit on 23-1-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

tinker9917

Looks REALLY good... think I'll try it with hashbrowns/cubed potatoes instead of noodles though. Thanks!

edit on 23-1-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Ohhhhh I like that idea! I wanted to put potatoes in it so bad because to me bacon, cheese and chicken needs potatoes! I got a potato ricer recently and have been dying to make homemade hash browns. I'll try that next and I will also add some sautéed onion as well.

Thanks for the potato idea.

It was good. It's gone already. I had it for lunch and dinner today. lol I gave my mom half of the casserole yesterday because I so do not need to eat that whole thing myself. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Oh I forget they call em chips in the USA.
Bacon crisps are best...Frazzles even better

Oh lol. I've never seen those before. I am not a chip person but I could see how this would make a good topping. I have also thought french fried onions would be good as well, homemade of course.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Mblah, you had me at "Chicken, Bacon and Cheese..."

'Just the thing for a cold winter night! I'll make this on my upcoming family ski trip. 'Can already hear them asking for seconds.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Supreme Commander Thor, i thought you liked the yellow ones?

My my, that wet my appetite. Bravo

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

graceunderpressure

Mblah, you had me at "Chicken, Bacon and Cheese..."

Yea that is what got my attention with her post. LOL

'Just the thing for a cold winter night! I'll make this on my upcoming family ski trip. 'Can already hear them asking for seconds.

I know I wish I had more! I gave my mom half because I knew i shouldn't have something like that in the fridge all to myself to eat. lol I will definitely make it again but I want to add a couple more ingredients and see how that turns out.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The fat kid in me did some weird supper bowl shuffel...LOL>

top topics

join