It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gets 35 yr sentence for killing police dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

A man in South Carolina recently killed a police dog while running from police after committing a crime. He was just sentenced to 35 years, even though no one else was hurt. When police around the country are always killing dogs with no repercussions, is this really just?

I agree he should have been tried for killing the dog as that's abhorrent, but surely that goes both ways when the US police have been known for killing civilians dogs in their own homes for no reason ;(

EDIT: he actually got 5 years for killing the dog and thirty years for other charges
edit on 22.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

How long did those cops (pigs) get for murdering Kelly Thomas in cold blood?

Oh, right.

None. They got off Scott free.

And here we have this Guy. He will probably spend the rest of his mortal years behind bars.

All he did was kill a dog with a badge.

Let me ask: when was the last time a police officer spent 35 in the big house for killing a civilians dog.

Never.

Are our dogs any less important because they aren't trained to find drugs and effectively maul our enemies?

The state of things, the state of things.

*shakes head*

What was the crime he committed?

Kallisti

edit on Cam10Wednesday5720144031Wed, 22 Jan 2014 10:57:40 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: ETA, errors

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

did he get 35 years for killing the dog or 35 years for whatever they were chasing him down for?

don't get me wrong.....makes me sick when cops kill peoples dogs for no reason....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Perhaps the 5 counts of attempted murder has more to do with his sentence than the killing of the dog.

www.wbtw.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think 1 year of prison should be mandatory for everyone who intentionally kills a household animal. POLICE INCLUDED.

That said, the 35 years are probably because of the crime he committed.

Perhaps the 5 counts of attempted murder has more to do with his sentence than the killing of the dog.

Yup, exactly.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Rochester

www.wbtw.com...

Your quite right (bloody RT News) but for killing the dog he got five years. As someone else has said he should have been punished for killing the dog, but I think everyone can agree that it's not a level playing field in the US between LEO and civilians. Personally LEOs should be made an example of when they break the law and this will go some way to bring respect back for the police.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't think police should be able to just come in shooting the family dog. I know that would send me in a killing rage if they shot my loved fur babies.Now as far as him killing the police dog,that dog believe it or not IS an officer of the law.That dog is officially looked at as another police officer.Therefore killing one is the same as killing a police officer.If you injure or kill one,you just injured or killed an officer. Let the punishment stand.He knew better.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Dimithae

I don't think police should be able to just come in shooting the family dog. I know that would send me in a killing rage if they shot my loved fur babies.Now as far as him killing the police dog,that dog believe it or not IS an officer of the law.That dog is officially looked at as another police officer.Therefore killing one is the same as killing a police officer.If you injure or kill one,you just injured or killed an officer. Let the punishment stand.He knew better.

Totally agree with you, I believe animals should have rights, what I don't agree with is the police are allowed to do exactly the same thing to civilians beloved family pets and there is no action taken as they use the line "I felt my life was in danger"

The sooner all Police officers wear cams for all arrests and dealings with the public both in the UK and US the better. This would completely change the playing field for the better.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join