It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Pilot Whales Found Dead off Florida Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Eight pilot whales have died in shallow waters off Florida's southwest coast, and six others remain unaccounted for, authorities said Tuesday.

The Coast Guard temporarily closed the area to traffic in the area and ordered boaters to reduce speeds off the shores near Fort Myers as they searched for the other whales. Of the eight deceased whales, veterinarians euthanized four of them.

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Fisheries Service coordinator Blair Mase said necropsies will be performed on the dead whales, four of which died Monday, including two that were euthanized.

In December, more than 50 pilot whales stranded in Everglades National Park. Several died.

abcnews.go.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">source

These reports I find so very sad and also disturbing in their seemingly growing frequency. I pray some can be saved.

source

edit on 21-1-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: add photo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

My guess is the Navy wasn't to far away using sonar.

The U.S. Navy plans to increase sonar testing over the next five years, even as research it funded reveals worrying signs that the loud underwater noise could disturb whales and dolphins. Reported mass strandings of certain whale species have increased worldwide since the military started using sonar half a century ago. Scientists think the sounds scare animals into shallow waters where they can become disoriented and wash ashore, but technology capable of close monitoring has emerged only in about the last decade.

Bad news for whales and dolphins

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I lean more towards seismic activity...the 6.5 near Puerto Rico on Jan. 13th.

But who knows for certain

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
1 Word: Fukushima

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

They'll be washing up in California before FL if its Fukashima. I can't believe so many of ya are still confused to what's going on here...how many pilot whale strandings in shallow water is this in just the last month in FL? Is this four now? We should be asking ourselves why these pilot whales are fleeing the deeper waters for these shallow waters. There are also many other species washing ashore in FL and all over the world, too numerous and too spread out to be related to Fukashima. It's not seismic activity either because it's happening so often, and in FL, there's not much seismic activity. No, this has more to do with the warming deep waters and methane release. Read my signature threads and a few others in my profile for more info. How long can this remain a mystery to people...it baffles me that these threads continue nearly every day and yet every one is so confused to what is causing it. Read up folks, I've spelled it out for you. Soon, it will be hard to ignore, even for the main stream media, when people start dying in mass die-offs right along side of the land, sea and air creatures.

top topics

join