It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Rescued From Inside A 20-Inch Pipe In Secure Water Treatment Facility

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really don't know what to make of this one, and further news seems to have dried up. I don't see it posted here yet, so I thought I would post it to see if maybe someone on ATS knows more.

26-year-old Asaf Mohammed was rescued from inside a 20-inch water pipe within a secure public drinking water treatment facility in Manalapan, New Jersey. To get into this pipe, Mohammed apparently climbed over a barbed wire security fence, traversed a basin, and climbed up the pipe, navigating through two 90 degree elbow bends in the 20-inch diameter pipe. Naked.

On Friday morning, January 17, 2014, at around 7 AM, employees at the United Water treatment facility in Manalapan, New Jersey heard cries for help. After searching for the source of the cries, they finally realized they were coming from inside a 20-inch decommissioned water pipe inside the facility. It is believed that Mohammed climbed up into the pipe sometime during the previous night.

A massive rescue attempt was mounted. It took about 3-1/2 to 4 hours to rescue Mohammed, who was finally pulled, naked, from the pipe. Mohammed was then airlifted to a hospital. He has been charged with 4th-degree criminal trespass.

News stories made a point of noting that although this facility pumps water out of the ground and treats it to provide public drinking water, the pipe that Mohammed climbed up was decommissioned. United Water and police claim the drinking water was not at risk. The news stories said that the police would be interviewing Mohammed to determine what he was doing in the pipe and why. But there has been no further word as far as I can find.

Asaf Mohammed is a resident of Manalapan and lives within walking distance of the water treatment facility. Some news sources are identifying him as Muslim, but it is not clear yet whether that had any bearing on his actions. According to TV news reports, Mohammed also had two previous alcohol-related arrests.

It's not clear whether some sort of terrorist act was intended or whether it was an alcohol, drug, or mental illness issue.

Notably, although every federal agency from the FBI to Homeland Security shows up these days if there is even a hint that someone might have a gun in a school, it is not clear whether the feds even showed up for this incident.

Anyone know anything further?

References:

United Water news release: Local Resident Breaks Into Company's Water Treatment Facility

New Jersey News 12: Man recovers, faces charges after rescue from pipe in Manalapan

NJ.com: Update: Trespasser finally freed from 20-inch pipe at United Water facility

NJ.com: Video: Man arrested after being rescued from 20-inch United Water pipe

Manapalan Patch: Manalapan Man Naked When Extracted from Water Facility Pipe, Police Say

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
True muzzies do not drink, and being naked in public is frowned upon. So my guess is the typical bath salts intake. Sounds very strange that a middle easterner would act in this manner, tests will tell the story....

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

News stories made a point of noting that although this facility pumps water out of the ground and treats it to provide public drinking water, the pipe that Mohammed climbed up was decommissioned. United Water and police claim the drinking water was not at risk. The news stories said that the police would be interviewing Mohammed to determine what he was doing in the pipe and why. But there has been no further word as far as I can find.

But if he had climbed into a pipe that had not been decommissioned, the water supply would've/could've been at risk.

My guess on the nakedness, would be that it would be easier to fit into the pipe. I wonder if he started out all buttered up to make for ease through the pipe?

I wouldn't think that someone would break into a water treatment facility, and accidentally fall into a pipe, naked

Although, I guess stranger things have happened
edit on 21-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Infect yourself with cholrea and climb into a water pipe and die?

Duno why you would want to do something like that unless on certain T&C no no's or terrorism.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Why was he naked? and more importantly why was he is a public facility that produces drinking water for people.

Was this some kind of dummy run to see if he could possibly get into and poison drinking water - how many people would his actions affect?

Even if he was barking mad, it is the most bizarre and contrived thing to do because he didn't simply wander in, he negotiated fences etc. People don't climb into pipes in a water facility for nothing at all, they have a purpose even if they maybe change their mind halfway through their 'pipedream'.

What would the authorities in a Muslim country make of a man with a non-Muslim name like Peter, naked in a pipe in one of their secure drinking water facilities - perhaps we shouldn't ask.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have been waiting for these kinds of acts to begin, but I don't think they are going to go over very well.

Uncle Sam hates competition.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Perhaps he thought that if he got to the source of the water he could start and Arab "Spring" here in the USA.

Bwhahahaha. I keep telling folks them terrorists types ain't real bright. This one was probably just on drugs.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
C'mon and join the 21st century. Send in a brain chip controlled cockroach or rat to do this dirty work. I guess he gets an A for effort?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Talk about life imitating art! Was this the fellow in question?
LoL

edit on 21-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

andy06shake

Talk about life imitating art! Was this the fellow in question?
LoL

Maybe...

That guy has probably been out of work since the X-Files series ended!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

"That guy has probably been out of work since the X-Files series ended!"

Or, maybe he was just stuck in said pipe since the series ended!
LoL

I always liked Tombs, he was rather terrifying truth be told.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here is my take...Your traditional Muslim terrorist, who is performing their illegal actions in the name of their religion, which although extremely ignorant is beside the point for this discussion, would probably attempt to adhere to their religion when performing terrorist actions...I mean, considering why they are doing what they're doing, religion, it seems likely that the terrorist would not go about naked, thus breaking some Muslim law. I am just assuming that is a Muslim law of some kind.

But then again, you never know. If he was planning on striking the facility, he probably was acting alone. But I think he was probably just intoxicated or under the influence of some other substance, and thus ended up in a pipe...naked. If you climb in a pipe naked, you're gonna have a bad time.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not going to post " how to do it " but attacking the drinking water supply - does not need any penetration of a water treatment plant

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
and for a more prosaic explaination look no further than : urban exploration

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
One of the things I noticed (besides the fact that this was pretty strange behavior) is that this is not the first strange incident related to the water supply. The first one that sprang to mind for me was the seven "foreign nationals" arrested after midnight at a Boston reservoir last year: ATS Thread

Many thought that was over-paranoia, and perhaps it was. But it's probably worth noting that just a couple weeks later, CBS reported Locks Cut At Aqueduct That Supplies Water To Greater Boston.

So although this one sounds more like the actions of someone who was crazy or intoxicated, it does make one wonder if there is more to it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
and for a more prosaic explaination look no further than : urban exploration

Urban exploration is an interesting topic, but are they really wriggling up 20-inch diameter water pipes and around two 90 degree elbows? That sounds more suicidal than exploratory, but maybe I'm just getting old...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

For some reason this kind of reminds me of the Elisa Lam case that happened in LA. Seemingly normal person manages to get past several levels of security to successfully penetrate a water supply. In this case the pipe was decommissioned but in the Elisa case she died in a water tank that was currently in use by a hotel causing people to actually drink the water with her decayed matter in it. I wonder if this was to be a similar event but the dude survived thus avoiding that outcome.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Can you imagine the shrinkage he had when he was pulled out of there?

Seriously though, it sounds like he was scoping it out. Maybe they're gonna poison all the water? He should fgo get some tips from Freedom Industries in WV about that!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

JiggyPotamus
Here is my take...Your traditional Muslim terrorist, who is performing their illegal actions in the name of their religion, which although extremely ignorant is beside the point for this discussion, would probably attempt to adhere to their religion when performing terrorist actions...I mean, considering why they are doing what they're doing, religion, it seems likely that the terrorist would not go about naked, thus breaking some Muslim law. I am just assuming that is a Muslim law of some kind.

But then again, you never know. If he was planning on striking the facility, he probably was acting alone. But I think he was probably just intoxicated or under the influence of some other substance, and thus ended up in a pipe...naked. If you climb in a pipe naked, you're gonna have a bad time.

From a muslim friend I'm told that you can "break" muslim rules if you are doing it to defend Islam and/or if an Imam has given you permission.

And never forget that it is written that muslims must respect women and never hit them.
Unless they deserve it.
And that bit of information comes straight from a world renowned Imam.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hate to judgemental but maybe it was a reconnaissance mission for a future attack?
Either that or the drunk was looking for a place to go swimming!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join