It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre wedge-shaped 'craft' appears on the lunar surface

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I searched for this but didn't find it. Please remove or close if appropriate. I found this story in the UK Daily Mail

The triangular anomaly has rows of seven light-like dots along its edge

UFO websites have likened it to an alien lunar base or spaceship
It can be found on the Google Moon viewer at coordinates 22042'38.46N and 142034'44.52E
Finder claims to have spotted similar mystery structure in Antarctica

www.dailymail.co.uk...
I don't know what to think of it yet. That newspaper is known for sensationalism as bad as the Enquirer but it is said some real spaceship reports were told in the Enquirer years ago, just to test the stories on the public yet not panic them. I am trying to locate additional sources for the story and will add them if I find them.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I've seen that picture before on here ... i will find the link now ..

EDIT ; maybe im wrong as i cant find it ... seems interesting ...

I havent a clue what it is

edit on 17-1-2014 by nofear39 because: x

edit on 17-1-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2014 by nofear39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Loveaduck

Looks much more like an underground opening then a craft, but it is blurry so who can say.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I just tried tinyeye and found nothing. I am sure there are a few other reverse image search engines but I am tired and lazy tonight. Neat pic though.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

see the real bright crest I would if they dots are spotlights illuminating an area.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nofear39

I've seen that picture before on here

From the YT vid description

Strange structure found on the moon on the rim of the Belyaev crater, any guesses to what this is people? Below is the description from "The Shrike" from ATS, Thanks for finding this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nofear39

You're welcome.

Is that thread where you saw it?

I haven't read it all but I noticed a lot of images are now missing from that thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Still looks like an underground entrance to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Sure, go with the obvious if you want. I'm going out on a limb and calling crater.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

DenyObfuscation

Char-Lee

Sure, go with the obvious if you want. I'm going out on a limb and calling crater.

I agree definitely crater with an underground entrance in it.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's the result of image artifacts, and has been covered before here on ATS.

Here's an example side by side comparison of a poor image from Google Earth, to a highly detailed image by the LROC:

Not a UFO....not a structure......not a cave.

It's image artifacts.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Didnt I read somewhere on ATS, that "Certain" Internet "Maps" people cgi in little anomalies etc on some of these images....just for fun? Like triangles over Australia etc.
I think the gamers call them "easter eggs"?? or something.

As can clearly be seen from the hi resolution image above...it is a crater.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

It reminds me of the Phoenix Lights which occurred back in 1997.

Aside from that maybe its to mark the location of a landing area on the moon...
Navigational Aid?

edit on 18-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Test 1 : does the anomaly align it self with pixellation of the image ?
Test 2 : does the anomaly exist in a area between very light and very dark ?
Test 3 : does the anomaly consist of pixels you count with your hands and toes ?

If the answer to two of these is yes then instantly dismiss the anomaly as an image artifact (usually jpeg). (this image meets all three !!)

This does not mean it is not genuine just that there is no way of knowing and it is far far far far more likely to be an artifact.

(this is why white dots in shaking phone cam images can all be dismissed !)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Since we have documentation of incredibly large, dark triangles ships (belonging to somebody!) being seen here on Earth and the fact that they are not conventional AIRcraft, it takes not a great stretch to imagine that those ships may also be on the Moon under intelligent control.

We have several factors in the images that support such a view.
The shape of the area that we literally can call an "object."
The fact that the shape is dark is a supporting factor.
The two rows of points of light both of equal size and spacing also indicating a trianglar shape.
The apparent illuminating of the surface area immediately below and in front of the object (some of which is covered over by the bulk of the object hanging over that area).

Given that the image is of a ship, it is doubtful that any other images of that crater at an earlier or later time will show any signs of it.

To deny it being a ship requires the denying of several apparent facts that seem quite clear to anyone not having a closed mind on the topic.

edit on 18-1-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow, I have never seen that before.

Thanks, hopefully the government will release all the information they have one day.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

How did you obtain the coordinates of this image , Are they the same as Google? I have my doubts about your picture and that from Google.. can you give us that info from the Google area..

update:

I found the coordinates on the bottom from the pictures but none worked on Google moon ?Also on LROC
edit on 0b37America/ChicagoSat, 18 Jan 2014 09:03:37 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 18 Jan 2014 09:03:37 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There have been allegedly alot of things seen on the moon over the past many decades. Correct me if wrong but I think ufo's among other things have been spotted by past Apollo missions, and I think it was on Appollo that some astronauts saw either ufo's and/or lights on the surface near a crater.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

Yes, good point, The moon has had strange reports since the middle ages , when astronomy took off due to new and better telescopes.. People saw objects and landscape that would change to look like things were under construction there.

Not a very well known fact about the moon is that hundreds of satellites have been sent to the moon on secret missions, but secret classification is now removed.. Some had military purposes, others to map and document features, but the "documentation" has never been released.

If we could go to the moon right now, I would bet there is someone there, maybe classified military humans also, hard to say. Someone has already been mining the moon in a very major way. The moon has and still is being reported as colorless and void of anything remotely interesting. There has always been a systematic effort by TPTB to make perception of the moon seem boring and not even worth looking at, so no one really cares.. They have succeeded on a grand scale.

Even some astronauts were told to say the moon is mundane, boring, and colorless. Every moon mission has had CIA protocol of information censoring..
edit on 18-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join