It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Westlake Village, CA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A good friend of mine from the USA sent me this a while ago. Her Husband and son were looking through their Telescope as they do on an average night and see this tonight. I thought it was amazing. I do not believe Alien life visit us, but this got me. This person would not lie and PLEASE trust me has no reason to fake. The kid in the video would have to be a good actor.

Check

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That's Capella for my money

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why would anybody bother faking a little sparkly light in the sky that could be anything?

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

the same reason they would retort to a post that was obviously a scintillating star

funbox

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hello,

Is there anything else of importance you can add to your post? Do you have the witnesses' story for example (and location)? That would be of great help, especially because all we can see here is a light flickering in darkness, which can be anything. Who knows with what they're mistaking the flashing light with. You know your friend, but we don't know your friend, therefor we need more information.

Waiting until more info gets added.

Edit: I'm convinced it's a twinkling star, looking at twinkling star videos.
edit on 16-1-2014 by TheWiseDwarf because: Extra

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
pfft

No wonder this forum is in-decline

edit on 16-1-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That's exactly what it is. A scintillating star:

You can see these all day long on YouTube. No UFO here.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here is a video made by an amateur astronomer showing what twinkling stars can look like through a telescope (please excuse the music):

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
at first i thought it was cgi, but whatever it is it's not a ufo. it looked very cgi to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Why be so rude?
Get a life....

lol

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
``it`s like a bug flying``

Going with that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I got sent a video..
ATS Debunks it, well done all..Thank you..

Apart from the rude comment. Why do people feel the need?
As if they are perfect? I been here since 2003 or something..
This place has got BETTER... Don't know what that was all about..

Anyway thanks again everyone

Shaun

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

It's a star.

I often see it on clear nights whilst out with my dog.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

this is the wrong place to expect sympathy, compassion or a willingness to understand. understand that and you will be ok. you have to realize there is not a lot to go by with a twinkly light on a shaky black background. nothing for scale distance comparison, are we looking up into the sky? (although I thought I saw some branches as if the light was moving and the camera person was following the light as it moved but it is so shaky you can't really tell)

bottom line is, can you provide reasons why this is not something conventional? something others can scrutinize? zoom in on? how is it different from the Scintillating Star videos? unless you have more than a good back story there is no reason to ask for peoples' thoughts here because this place is designed to keep everything at a standstill. Best thing for you to do is enjoy the experience with your friend and become a believer. Once enough people actually believe it will become the operating system of the consciousness matrix and maybe new technologies will manifest so we can clean up our planet.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I expected little, honest. I did not expect a detailed debate.. More a "Yes" "no" or "Wow Decent" I got mostly "No" so Cool, lol

I know how things work here buddy. Been on these forums long enough.
Being Scottish, we are all to relaxed to get all worked up..usually because we are drunk though

Cheers.
Shaun

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
There are a few stars that do look like that on a clear night. When I first started looking through my telescope I thought everything was a UFO haha.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

shauny
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I expected little, honest. I did not expect a detailed debate.. More a "Yes" "no" or "Wow Decent" I got mostly "No" so Cool, lol

I know how things work here buddy. Been on these forums long enough.
Being Scottish, we are all to relaxed to get all worked up..usually because we are drunk though

Cheers.
Shaun

Not every Scot on here is drunk!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

shauny
reply to post by rigel4

Why be so rude?
Get a life....

lol

Why be so ignorant and post things that are so obviously not ufo's.
It's pointless and ignorant.
IT would be nice to be presented with something decent once in a while.

edit on 17-1-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

rigel4
pfft

No wonder this forum is in-decline

I actually believe it is improving. Hardly anyone is taken in by a video of a twinkling light any more.

rigel4
Why be so ignorant and post things that are so obviously not ufo's.
It's pointless and ignorant.

It might help others who have also experienced astonishment and bafflement at the sight of a twinkling star. It might unmask their ignorance and help them to better understand the phenomenon of human perception.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

And I am a Scotsman who does not drink..
Who'd have thunk aye?

Barry, ken?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join