It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoid Conspiracy Burnout: Focus!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You think TV is bad?

I say there's nothing more confusing out there than the internet, particularly for those who indulge in alternate viewpoints. There is a conspiracy that has been made up as a counter for every concept imaginable. Most of them are just bunk.

I know many people who consider themselves very aware of what is going on in the world, but they don't really have a conception of what is NOT going on. A lot of people I talk to will just spout off in a rapid fire manner all of the things that they are angry about, all the deceptions, all the disenfranchising and divisive things that happen in politics, religion, etc.

To most of them I say, you gotta choose. If you want to make a difference, you have to do something. If you're concerned about everything, that leaves little time to do anything. Even if doing something means just having conversations with people about these things, which is enough. No one person can save the world, but there are a whole lot of people that think they're going to by trying to tackle every problem or inconsistency with nature they witness in human society.

Choose that which interests you, and stick with it. Learn it inside and out. Scrutinize the sources and understand where it fits in the big picture. If you were to try to convince someone of the truth of something, but you only had a superficial, cursory knowledge of that something, your case would not be too convincing.

And don't be discouraged by being laughed off for trying. Never fail for not trying.

Change the world in your own way, to the best of your ability. Don't try harder, just try longer. And stick with what you know and what you like. Focus!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Tell that to Paul Bennewitz.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Alright.

I focused and the results from such scrutinized pinpointing resulted in my understanding that a topic like this belongs in....

RANTS

That is all.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Well said, too many people ranting on about subjects they don't understand because the government is involved somewhere down the line.

It makes people who actually have valid points look like whack jobs :/

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Thank you AO, you're always so helpful and your posts always contribute much value to the discussion.

When you're a mod, you can move my posts to where you think they should go, and I'll fully support your decision. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

iRoyalty

Well said, too many people ranting on about subjects they don't understand because the government is involved somewhere down the line.

Thank you.

You said what most sleepy people don't fully understand. "The government is involved somewhere down the line." And 'somewhere down the line' is accurate.

If people (especially Americans) could understand that the American Government is not at the top of the chain of command, that they too have their handlers and bosses, the picture could come together for them much more clearly.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
If you want to make a difference, you have to do something.

Well said...

Another man put it this way:

Is it possible that many of our problems relate to the fact that so many of us have chosen silence and being "politically" correct instead of speaking the truth?

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people".- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

edit on 13-1-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Murgatroid

Is it possible that many of our problems relate to the fact that so many of us have chosen silence and being "politically" correct instead of speaking the truth?

Most people are afraid of the truth, and so they push the idea far back into their minds. The truth suggests that in order for things to be corrected, people would have to sacrifice comfort and excess for them and their families.

This paradigm, as far as the western people are concerned, hinges on their comfort and their complacency. Our lack of willingness to sacrifice is what makes us slaves to this system so well. This world trains us and programs us to be self-centered. Our egos are dependent on the illusion, and the illusion is dependent upon ego.

Seek ego death, and the system will self-correct.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Mon1k3r
Seek ego death, and the system will self-correct.

I wish more people understood this.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Well met, friend!

I like that tag under your avatar name. That's just good advice for anyone!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I live my life by two rules, cause no harm and cause no loss.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What do you mean when you say cause no loss?

2nd

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Stealing, taking what is not mine, fraud etc etc

Basic guideline for how every human on the planet should act, no deep rules just be free as long as it causes no harm and causes no loss to other people.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I hear you.

So what do you think about concepts like usury, welfare, etc? Things that either distribute wealth or funnel it to the top.

All supposing money and wealth are even valid concepts to us, that is.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

I think since we live in a society that demands we own money to survive, for now we shall say that it is a valid concept... for now.

Usury is a nasty business, should be as punishable as the 10 years (I believe?) that money laundering is punishable by. Whereas welfare should not even be a concept that is debated, people should not starve in a modern caring world. If people who ran massive companies did manage to rid themselves of an ego, they would slowly turn their business into something that only rakes in a profit when they need to expand, at all other times they should be happy to put all their excess profit into a welfare system like a basic wage (after they've paid their staff, themselves and all other necessary bills of course!).

This could eliminate poverty, theft, crime, it would increase everyone's dispositions so violence would be a rarity... People in the position of power in big, multi-national corporations don't realise how much of a MAJOR effect they have on the world and how they have the power to change it for the better.

Although, I think it is not good to force a system like this on the rich, it should be voluntary.
edit on 13-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Thank you for posting this! I was just nursing disappointment that a thread I wanted to respond to was 404'd and was delighted to agree immeasurably with what I read herein.

I want to add the little things I do, in case someone truly doesn't know where they can start.

-Speak with the intention of love and open-mindedness, not in forceful or angry debate (catch more flies with honey)

-Educate those who are receptive. I started with my spouse, then family & friends and now even strangers who seem receptive. I have to say I am loving the conversations that happen these days, as opposed to the ones about the last TV show watched. (not that there's anything wrong with that
)

-If you use social media, make it work for you and get your message out there - post articles supporting your views, and post your own thoughts on the issue.

-I shop with intention, and make my dollar count - For example, I would like GMO foods to be labelled, as we have a right to know. Until they are, and where possible, I buy only non-processed foods or those I know that are non-GMO.

-I also buy used clothing whenever possible, rather than support the third-world factory conditions and jobs that have been relocated to China. Even if the used goods end up being made in China etc., at least they are not getting any NEW dollars from me lol. You would be surprised at how many next to new items are donated, thrifting is more exciting than shopping to be honest!

-I have left behind my big bank of years and now use a credit union.

Basically I really try to "be the change I wish to see". . .even small changes affect the big picture. And there is not one person alive that you cannot learn something from. Never stop learning and listening.

You don't have to make activism a chore; you can just be a LIVING and BREATHING example of activism & joy.

edit on 13-1-2014 by MoonBlossom because: I had more thoughts.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

MoonBlossom
reply to post by Mon1k3r

"be the change I wish to see". . .even small changes affect the big picture.

Ghandi quote

Mettā my friend, I know you'd be a wonderful edition to the ATS family when I saw your intro

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Claire Kuchever: What if you had to tell someone the most important thing in the world, but you knew they'd never believe you?

Doug Carlin: I'd try.

This is so perfect. . .imagine the ideas that could catch on like wildfire, if only everyone was standing strongly in their truth and brave enough to reveal it!

Also, this movie somehow got by me - thanks for the trailer, can't wait to watch!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonBlossom

if only everyone was standing strongly in their truth

Therein lies the KEY.

I believe you nailed it to the wall Blossom...

The vast majority are so terrified of speaking the truth that they are in a state of perpetual denial and cognitive dissonance.

Most people are so hopelessly buried by lies, that they don't even know the forest EXISTS, forget being able to SEE it.

“Hypocrites get offended by the truth.” ~ Jess C. Scott

We are living in a world full of people that are being deliberately LIED to without KNOWING it every waking minute of every day! WHY? Because the "plan" depends on deception in order for it to work.

People have always ignored the most important things in the world.

Why, because we have been deliberately lied to on a scale that boggles the human mind...

What if you woke up tomorrow and everything you had thought was true was a deception? A deception formed by people that stood to profit from your ignorance. Not just on one small area but every facet of your existence. Would you want to know? Or, would you be content with the life you had before you discovered the truth? Could you close your eyes and act as if nothing ever happened? What if you could see the ways that you have been deceived and the way that those that came before you were made to believe a lie? How valuable would the truth become? Would it make you change your habits? your routines? the way you talk or think or speak? Would it impact you or would you brush it off and carry on with business as usual?

What if after waking up you decided to respond to that truth? What if you started studying history and world events and, like a string of pearls, events were no longer random but contained a sequence? What if that sequence was repeating? What if while studying these events they began to seem familiar?
What if everything you believed was a lie?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Sounded more like an inspirational speech or an affirmation to me. Just my opinion...

Thanks for that, by the way. You are only defeated when you allow yourself to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join