It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO lights over Joliet, Illinois on 5th January 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Snow plow drivers going about their job spotted an unknown light in the sky.

They hear no sound.

One of them was so alarmed when they got a better view and they couldn't recognize it to be a regular airplane or helicopter that he told the other guy to cut the strobe lights on their plow truck.

People in Illinois are used to airplanes because they have O'Hare and Midway airports.

The words "alien" & "ufo" are never mentioned; probably because they are not into the topic.

This is a very interesting bit of video.

joliet patch

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Looks like standard airplane strobes on it to me...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

reject
Snow plow drivers going about their job spotted an unknown light in the sky.

They hear no sound.

One of them was so alarmed when they got a better view and they couldn't recognize it to be a regular airplane or helicopter that he told the other guy to cut the strobe lights on their plow truck.

People in Illinois are used to airplanes because they have O'Hare and Midway airports.

The words "alien" & "ufo" are never mentioned; probably because they are not into the topic.

joliet patch

Notice the sign in the background that says Hobbies? Should that not be a dead giveaway?

That's what this is.

Store bought quadcopter or RC blimp with bright LEDs on it.

It has the distinct look of something small and close rather than large and distant based on how the camera goes out of focus on it.

But hey, this is what UFOs have come to in 2014.
edit on 13-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
That is very clearly a plane. You can see the lights on the wings, the strobes. If someone looks at that and can't see that it's a plane, then something is seriously going on in the world.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

That too was my thought initially but several degrees below zero temperatures make that kind of unlikely; uav/drone is more probable.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Of a plane?

What is so interesting about that, how it can be confused for something else on approach?

You didn't watch the video past the 5 min mark where its a plane with strobe lights and lights on the wings?

I would say that is why these words are never mentioned because its a plane.
edit on 13-1-2014 by InhaleExhale because: missing words again

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Just watch past the 5 min mark and it obvious what it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This just goes to show (as the people who made this video discovered at the end) that a plane on approach CAN IN FACT appear to hover without making a noise.

That's because even when the plane is miles away (15, 20 miles or even more) it can have its bright landing light on, and if the plane is flying in a direction that is generally towards them, it could appear to be standing still or barely moving.

Once the plane turned, it was obvious what it was. Even the one guy says "or it's a plane, and it was coming our way, so we couldn't tell". He's right; that's exactly what I would say it was.

edit on 1/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If it is Joliet it might be Leisure Hours Hobbies. Looks like the lighted sign might say that.

www.leisurehours.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

draknoir2
If it is Joliet it might be Leisure Hours Hobbies. Looks like the lighted sign might say that.

www.leisurehours.com...

I think that's irrelevant. The object looked very much like a normal plane by the end of the video, and probably had nothing to do with RC hobby aircraft (and, yes -- I realize you didn't say that it did have anything to do with RC hobby craft
)

edit on 1/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

That object never flew directly overhead them.

For them to catch the lights like those of a passenger plane banking means it was almost on its side...or it was no plane.

Again, it was silent.

Flashing lights don't necessarily mean airplane.

One of the guys even signed up with the Joliet patch just to insist it was no plane.

fred January 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hey people im one of the cheech n chong on the video and i know what i saw it was huge and round the under body stuck out like a pill the color was bluish gray in color and had no sound i am also drug free and donot drink

fred 0Posts 2Comments

Recent Activity

fred commented on article "Joliet UFO? Watch This Video and Judge for Yourself" in Around Town January 13, 2014 at 09:45 am

fred is following Breaking News January 13, 2014 at 09:39 am

illinoisians are used to airplanes.

The place is a hotspot.

Just off the top of my head:

O'Hare ufo.(made world news)
Tinley Park ufo.(featured in a documentary)
2000 Illinois ufo.(made world news)

edit on 13-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

One of the guys even signed up with the Joliet patch just to insist it was no plane.

Hopefully it wasn't the same guy saying it is a plane as Soylent has pointed out a few posts up

Does it have to?

For them to catch the lights like those of a passenger plane banking means it was almost on its side...or it was no plane.

Have you ever been in passenger plane? They actually do go almost onto their side when turning especially if the turn is tight.

Again, it was silent.

So are many farts, point being?

Of coarse not,

however a light shown like in the vid and then the light turning into what it did and being in the sky, one can conclude its a plane as it looks like a plane and behaves like a plane. Time and actual location and direction of sighting and the plane could be identified.

So is everyone else in a major city world wide,

That is where most of these Plane videos come from, when they are on approach and then when they make turn to land they become obvious.

The place is a hotspot.

Like any other major city with an airport or two.

or Hotspot for UFO activity?

That could be because the number of people that are ignorant of identifying aerial phenomena is higher in the area.

Or it could be because ET has his vacation home in Ill.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

Hopefully it wasn't the same guy saying it is a plane as Soylent has pointed out a few posts up

Does it have to?

Have you ever been in passenger plane? They actually do go almost onto their side when turning especially if the turn is tight.
Yes, and not one of them ever made a bank that had the plane on its side.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

Again, it was silent.

So are many farts, point being?

I've never seen a plane that close to be silent.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

Of coarse not,

however a light shown like in the vid and then the light turning into what it did and being in the sky, one can conclude its a plane as it looks like a plane and behaves like a plane. Time and actual location and direction of sighting and the plane could be identified.

So is everyone else in a major city world wide,

That is where most of these Plane videos come from, when they are on approach and then when they make turn to land they become obvious.

The place is a hotspot.

That could be because the number of people that are ignorant of identifying aerial phenomena is higher in the area.

wow...all those 3 incidents I mentioned are all plane misidentifications?

ok

By the way, you really need to tell off the pilots, their crew, and several airport personnel who made the O'Hare UFO sighting that you're sure it was just a plane and that they "are ignorant of identifying aerial phenomena."

You should also do that with over half a dozen cops and several people who reported the 2000 Illinois UFO.

Also, the helicopter pilot who did not want to make a statement who was flying close to the Tinley Park UFO.

Thanks for clearing all that up.

Kudos to you

edit on 14-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

_BoneZ_
That is very clearly a plane. You can see the lights on the wings, the strobes. If someone looks at that and can't see that it's a plane, then something is seriously going on in the world.

Yep. Airplane. First spotted coming straight on, then it turns so you can see the standard strobes flashing at one second intervals.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Sorry, but whenever a plane makes a turn, its wings will go from a horizontal position to a diagonal position, it doesn't need to be on its side when the position from where the guys were filming from is the ground a distance away from the object that is in the sky and the diagonal angle of the plane it might look as though its turned on its side.

How close was it exactly if I may ask?

otherwise my opinion from viewing planes on approach on a daily basis both at night and early morning that seem to hover for minutes on end, each will look slightly different, that might depend on the atmospheric conditions or simply the headlights on the plane. They are planes, they might look close some when initially spotted but chances are they are a 100km away from where they're being seen from.

wow...all those 3 incidents I mentioned are all plane misidentifications? ok

How does that pertain to this thread?

No, they might not be, if you want to conclude that is what i believe about those cases then go right ahead, making conclusions with nothing but speculation when evidence is available is not very intelligent in my opinion and ignorant of UFO research.

By the way, you really need to tell off the pilots, their crew, and several airport personnel who made the O'Hare UFO sighting that you're sure it was just a plane and that they "are ignorant of identifying aerial phenomena."

Why do I need do that?

Is it because you have made your mind up about something you mentioned and added to the discussion, answered yourself and are now running with your assumption as though its actually my position on these incidents I have yet mention?

Do you always live in such a fantasy and hear and see things that arent said or done?

Wake up for a second and discuss what this incident you started your thread is about.

You should also do that with over half a dozen cops and several people who reported the 2000 Illinois UFO. Also, the helicopter pilot who did not want to make a statement who was flying close to the Tinley Park UFO.

Why should also do that, because of your delusions?

No I deal with my own delusions and don't need yours at this moment.

Anytime

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

Sorry, but whenever a plane makes a turn, its wings will go from a horizontal position to a diagonal position, it doesn't need to be on its side when the position from where the guys were filming from is the ground a distance away from the object that is in the sky and the diagonal angle of the plane it might look as though its turned on its side.
If its almost on top of you but then again you'd hear it then.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

How close was it exactly if I may ask?

otherwise my opinion from viewing planes on approach on a daily basis both at night and early morning that seem to hover for minutes on end, each will look slightly different, that might depend on the atmospheric conditions or simply the headlights on the plane. They are planes, they might look close some when initially spotted but chances are they are a 100km away from where they're being seen from.
When a poor quality cellphone camera distinctly makes out the individual lights on an object, it should be close enough to hear if it was a plane or helicopter...I don't know about a large drone though, I've honestly never encountered one.

On top of that, they say there's resolution loss when uploading to youtube due to compression but you could still distinctly see the individual lights. They got a good look at whatever it was. These people should've heard a plane or helicopter in person.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

How does that pertain to this thread?

No, they might not be, if you want to conclude that is what i believe about those cases then go right ahead, making conclusions with nothing but speculation when evidence is available is not very intelligent in my opinion and ignorant of UFO research.

Why do I need do that?

Is it because you have made your mind up about something you mentioned and added to the discussion, answered yourself and are now running with your assumption as though its actually my position on these incidents I have yet mention?

Do you always live in such a fantasy and hear and see things that arent said or done?

Wake up for a second and discuss what this incident you started your thread is about.
No, because I posted this:

reject

The place is a hotspot.

Just off the top of my head:

O'Hare ufo.(made world news)
Tinley Park ufo.(featured in a documentary)
2000 Illinois ufo.(made world news)

edit on 13-1-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)
Then you replied, lucidly I hope:

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

Well, who were you calling ignorant then?

Unless you posted that unconsciously, that's called backtracking.

First calling people ignorant, then feigning ignorance yourself.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

You should also do that with over half a dozen cops and several people who reported the 2000 Illinois UFO. Also, the helicopter pilot who did not want to make a statement who was flying close to the Tinley Park UFO.

Why should also do that, because of your delusions?

No I deal with my own delusions and don't need yours at this moment.

Anytime
You see, you are projecting your issues on me.

My posts were quite level headed.

I get it, you want to be a skeptic.

What exactly was it I had my mind made up about?

Its just that I don't dismiss something off hand; even if someone gets PO'd.
edit on 15-1-2014 by reject because: highlighted cellphone camera for draknoir2

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
All kinds of strange looking, silent lights around O'Hare and yes, most are planes. Just because you see them doesn't necessarily mean you will hear them. Some of the new luxury liners are ginormous and can be seen from a great distance.

And the flight paths keep expanding with the traffic. I'm way out in the Northwest suburbs and still see them stacking up.

I work next to O'Hare and at dawn and dusk commutes they can look really weird with the illuminated contrails.

Not saying that's what was in the video, but in this area it's nearly impossible to rule out O'Hare traffic.
edit on 15-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

draknoir2
...And the flight paths keep expanding with the traffic. I'm way out in the Northwest suburbs and still see them stacking up.

I work next to O'Hare and at dawn and dusk commutes they can look really weird with the illuminated contrails.

Not saying that's what was in the video, but in this area it's nearly impossible to rule out O'Hare traffic.
edit on 15-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

I checked "Plane Finder" (a flight tracker) and it showed on the night in question, there were several flights into Midway Airport that approached from the SW and turned eastward toward Midway just SW of Joilet.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

If its almost on top of you but then again you'd hear it then.

No not necessarily, Like I explained it depends on altitude and distance away from the observer, it would only need to make a slight turn and fly diagonally on a slight angle if it was quite a distance away and would give that impression that its on its side or its being filmed from below, the camera was zoomed when it captured the strobe and lights on wings so it could have been a quite a distance.

Second point, about sound, A plane could fly right overhead at cruising altitude and if its clear enough weather, not much wind a person can easily hear the planes jet engines, however chances are if its windy enough the sound wont make it down to the observer or listener or it will be baffled by the wind and not as loud as if there was no wind or other atmospheric condition which might affect.

These are just basic examples about how our perception can easily be tricked by natural phenomena.

Perspective and angles of view compared to the curvature of earth is something that many don't consider when seeing something in the sky and being amazed. Researching any sighting will bring up these questions yet when they do many take is an attempt to debunk.

I believe many that say they are interested in UFOs are so for the fact they are unknown and unidentified, many experience-rs of sightings of aerial phenomena don't want to know what they saw and either consciously or unconsciously want to keep it unknown so they can say "I seen a UFO" as most explanations that can be found make many sighting less special because of the alien phenomenon attached to UFOs.

When a poor quality cellphone camera distinctly makes out the individual lights on an object, it should be close enough to hear if it was a plane or helicopter...I don't know about a large drone though, I've honestly never encountered one.

You keep making statements like you have done the investigations to say such as being true.

What type of cell phone was used, what are its specs to say it cannot zoom to a distant object?

On top of that, they say there's resolution loss when uploading to youtube due to compression but you could still distinctly see the individual lights. They got a good look at whatever it was. These people should've heard a plane or helicopter in person.

Exactly so the original might actually show an outline of the plane.

Do helicopters have wings with lights at the end of them?

Too much speculation of what they should have heard and such at such a close distance without providing the details.
Its exactly what the guys are doing in the video until the end when the camera man says could it have heading towards us so thats why it seemed to sit there. add that to the plane being a fair distance away and any wind like what was heard throughout the video and its highly probable you wouldn't hear the plane until it came much closer, but it didn't as it made a turn and started flying to their left when initially it was heading straight for them.

Well, who were you calling ignorant then?

No one specifically, I said people might be ignorant of identifying, comprehend.

I asked if you said it was hotspot for UFO activity as just before that sentence you said they were used to planes, then the hotspot line then you brought up the 3 other cases of UFOs which I asked how they pertain to this thread.

Unless you posted that unconsciously, that's called backtracking. First calling people ignorant, then feigning ignorance yourself.

No I posted and meant exactly what it says in reply to what you posted.

most major cities with large airports will have many people being mystified and amazed by an incoming plane when they witness it and do not know what it is. YouTube is proof of this.

You see, you are projecting your issues on me. My posts were quite level headed. I get it, you want to be a skeptic. What exactly was it I had my mind made up about?

You can perceive what you read any way you choose, yes your posts are level headed but are filled with speculation, is the thread an attempt at identifying or whats the point, to simply a share YouTube video?

I don't want to be, I am a skeptic when a claim of unknown origin is made, sorry for others who ignorantly switch off when they hear such claims, its how many are so easily manipulated.

What you had your mind up was my belief in the case that you out of the blue added to this thread.

You posted this in reply to me

and then went on how I need to go and talk to airport staff and cops and pilots.

Did I say they were misidentifications? OK

Do you really need to add other sightings completely separate to what your thread is about other than them being in the same state?

I said that like every major city the people will be used to airplanes and I said that these places are hotspots like any other city because many do classify these sightings as UFOs when they are actually planes and said YouTube is proof of that, there are a number of videos showing such, the one in the OP being one such video.
That is ignorant of researching to understand their sighting if they simply use speculation like you to say its not a plane, use logic and show the distance being very close to claim such otherwise its lights are almost identical to what a planes are in flight or approach, My delusional logic tells me its a plane at a distance is the reason it cannot be heard.

Not making any claims but opposing the ones you made, and tried to explain why I am opposing by giving vague examples and also attempting to identify what it is in the video, if its a plane, chances are it could be identified which plane it is where its coming from and going.

Edit:thanks Soylent for providing the possible flights it could have been

edit on 16-1-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

You keep making statements like you have done the investigations to say such as being true.

What type of cell phone was used, what are its specs to say it cannot zoom to a distant object?

There aren't that many specialized optical zoom capable cellphone cameras, actually.

I would think these snowplow drivers wouldn't opt for an expensive cellphone or an expensive plan that came with one.

InhaleExhale
reply to post by reject

You can perceive what you read any way you choose, yes your posts are level headed but are filled with speculation, is the thread an attempt at identifying or whats the point, to simply a share YouTube video?
There really is only so much you can do on an internet conspiracy forum.

Not all people will conform to your way of thinking no matter how much you try to browbeat them by using words like "ignorant" and "delusional" repetitively to ridicule them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join