It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it's not really 2014?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

What I'm suggesting is that it may actually be 1643.

Why does my head feel hot?
Excuse me while I switch out my tin foil hat
for the spare I keep in the freezer.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 10-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2014 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

I don't discuss it much, as an overwhelming lack of evidence,
is not evidence.

Mike Grouchy

Same here, but I remember years ago being really into it, reading everything I could find. There are some solid rebuttals too, but it's one of those ones that I've always been fond of.

Just give it a year or two when material dries up for current PopConS culture, ancient aliens will blame it on aliens and Alex Jones will say it was the illuminati and we will see daily threads about our missing history.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

mikegrouchy

What I'm suggesting is that it may actually be 1643.

That's a great suggestion, I'm glad you made it. I've always thought that I was living in the wrong time. Now I can live in any time I want. I'm going to buy a new hat!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Technically, we could also say, it is year 4540000000, which is considered Earth´s age. Yet there still exists an error margin of 1%, roughly 50 million years.

If you really want to get into specifics, it's early January in the year 13,700,002,014, which is the approximate age of the universe.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Assuming a margin of error in calendar keeping for one person is one thing,for ten people perhaps but when millions upon millions of people are all living by the same date its kinda hard to see we would all miss a year! Would have to have been a busy year

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Abstractadam
Assuming a margin of error in calendar keeping for one person is one thing,for ten people perhaps but when millions upon millions of people are all living by the same date its kinda hard to see we would all miss a year! Would have to have been a busy year

Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large numbers. Is that how that goes?

You make a point, that the more people there would be to observe something, the more accurately the story might be when reported, but you'd probably be wrong. We're backwards like that. I just think of the times in human history when people had no rights, no voice, no choices, no ability to observe the things that go on that affect their lives. Kind of similar to what we're walking into right now. This is where history is rewritten to suit the needs of the powerful.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It isn't 2014 depending on which calendar you use.

If you use the Kaliyuga Calendar, we're in the 5100s.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

What is the significance of 2012 to you? It obviously means something more to you, than any of us.

If you mention this Mayan thing, you also need to understand they calculated things differently than us, and if the year here was really 1984 like you suggest, that same amount of time would have passes meaning "The supposed Mayan 2012" date, would have been 1982. Do you get it ?

That supposed date was calculated by people using our current measurement of the years gone by, applied our math to something that doesn't work that way and came up with the date 2012.

If you train a dog in spanish, then get mad when it doesn't respond to your english commands who's fault is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

The main problem with time is everyone is made to believe it linear or at least that's what they want us to think. All the ancient civilizations looked at time as cyclical not linear.

We have to understand this is the way of the cosmos. Time was invented as linear by people that figured they could use that on the people in order to control them. And we all know how easily we conform don't we. Hence in an hour and a half at 5pm est I'm allowed to leave work. I could just leave at any time and I do that quite often, but with risk but jimmy crack corn.

edit on 10-1-2014 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I was really just using 2012 and 1984 as iconic backdrops upon which one could imagine and relate to the circumstance. A frame of reference for Mayan calendar fans as well as George Orwell fans. I don't have any personal attachment to either of these dates or concepts.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

NONPOINT21

The main problem with time is everyone is made to believe it linear or at least that's what they want us to think. All the ancient civilizations looked at time as cyclical not linear.

Right, the hands go around a clock, the Earth around the sun. You could choose any arbitrary end and start date if you wanted, and it would always come full circle.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

NoNameNeeded

violet

Mon1k3r
reply to post by Cabin

But what if the real 2012 isn't for another 30 years? So sneaky!

So are you suggesting the time or date is being manipulated to fool us into thinking 2012 went by uneventful?
That didn't give them very much time to adjust dates, since the 2012 doom didn't start being talked about until around 2009. This gave them about three years to trick you
We don't need calendars to indicate a year has passed. We know which seasons we're in, and there's only four or one full rotation around the Sun.

hahahahahahaha, lies

the 2012 myth was AT LEAST 50years old, so get your facts right
you probably first heard of it in 2009.

Yes I know that. I said it wasn't getting talked about until around 2009

The myth was perpetrated by Sony Pictures to gather interest in their movie 2012. They created fake websites.
edit on 10-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Mon1k3r
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Yeah I think I almost got it figured out! Imona rule da woild!!!

"2014" is a construct of the powers that be. Who created this calendar anyway?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

I think you are confusing time and existence. Existence, nature, life, are cycles. The planets, moon, stars, solar systems, galaxies, and the universe itself revolves on a fixed cycle. Starting in one place, and coming back around to repeat the cycle. How ever, the experiences, and physical characteristics can be completely different on the next cycle. Everything is continuing forwards as it always has, following a preset path in the cosmos, and yet completely different events can unfold.

Time how ever is a man made invention, it's a unit of measurement and it is linear it moves in one direction in different units of measurement. There are 60 seconds, once we hit sixty seconds 1 minute has passed and 60 more seconds begin, once we have hit 59
minutes and 60 seconds we hit 1 hr, and 60 mins and 60 seconds begin again. So on and so forth, it always moves in one direction.

You can use this as a count down, as well again moving in one direction only as it's a unit of measurement.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Besides phases of the moon/sun and weather changes, we could really be living in one infinite day.Time is fake, just a way to organize something that is nothing. The word " hours" also spells Horus. The Egyptian God who was born of a virgin, performed miracles, died and ressurected in 3 days. Same story as Jesus. Something strange is going on. It being 2014 could be a giant lie as well, to hide the fact we are being manipulated and controlled by an outside power. I doubt we live in a dome but...why else would they fake the moon landings?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

boncho

Be sure to wear your tinfoil hat

Why? Do you find the concept absurd upon its face? The same PhDs and Institutions that insist that the pyramids at Giza were built as a tomb using nothing more than labor, ropes, wood and dirt; that insist what we see in Peru are the remenants from the Incan civilizationfrom a few hundred years ago, again using nothing more than rudimentary tools and labor, are the same ones that claim the Historical Timeline they and their counterparts proffer is accurate, truthful and unimpeachable.

If you think the Phantom Timeline is tinfoil hat requiring, best stay away from Anatoly Fomenko and his colleagues work. The link you provide deals with a missing period around 600-900 A.D. Whereas Fomenko deals with a much larger time of invented and fabricated History. Done during the Renaissance Era. Basically, he asserts that the whole of the Dark Ages was fabricated.

Quite frankly, while many may laugh at me, I find the idea that Europe plunged into an era of 1000 years of 'darkness', is laughable. That is not how human civilization, nor European civilliazations work. Much of that Roman infrastructure would have been continued to be utilized, IMO.

Even more whacky are the claims that J.R.R. Tolkein, a professor at Oxford, having access to the 'basement' and being to read multiple languages, formulated his Lord of the Rings books based off of European History of 6,000 years ago. The elves are supposed to represent the Nords, the Hobbits are the Irish, etc.

I don't know about that one, but I have come to the conclusion that much, much History has been both suppressed and fabricated, on a Grand Scale, and although I have not read Fomenko's works, that is on my immediate ToDo List.

The notion that Europe plunged into 1000 years of darkness after the collapse of the Roman Empire is laughable. Hell, the very notion that the power behind the Roman Empire collapsed and went away around 300-4-- A.D. is laughable ...
edit on 13-1-2014 by RedFunfzhen because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2014 by RedFunfzhen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

RedFunfzhen

The notion that Europe plunged into 1000 years of darkness after the collapse of the Roman Empire is laughable. Hell, the very notion that the power behind the Roman Empire collapsed and went away around 300-4-- A.D. is laughable ...

I'm not sure what you're alluding to here. I understand that the Roman Empire merely changed it's robes and continued it's power grab through the auspices of the Holy Roman Catholic Church, but what are you saying about the dark ages, that they didn't happen, or that they were actually shorter than history suggests?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Cabin
reply to post by Mon1k3r

Technically, we could also say, it is year 4540000000, which is considered Earth´s age. Yet there still exists an error margin of 1%, roughly 50 million years.

2014 is just reference value. At a point (supposed Christ´s birth) people just started counting from 0. Some nations started earlier, some later. For example, in China, the year is 4711,4710 or 4650.

To be honest, I could not care much what is the number of the year in the calendar. It does not matter, I know a year is gone by and new one begins, when I will become one year older.

And it's also 5774 according to the Hebrew/Jewish calendar.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
AHAHAHAH my amazing idea to this suggestion is that,

For some suspicious unknown reason could some people just drugged us over the earth and we didn't know about it and everyone just fell asleep for a whole year or possibly there was a memory wipe that made everyone forget a year or more ahah sooooo it could possibly be ages before 2012 or even this year 2014 dawns upon us

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Justmea
AHAHAHAH my amazing idea to this suggestion is that,

For some suspicious unknown reason could some people just drugged us over the earth and we didn't know about it and everyone just fell asleep for a whole year or possibly there was a memory wipe that made everyone forget a year or more ahah sooooo it could possibly be ages before 2012 or even this year 2014 dawns upon us

It's not that people were drugged or fell asleep, it's that they never knew what the hell was going on, because they had no access to the people who would be in charge of such things. So it's not a matter of not remembering, it's a matter of anyone witness to the times being dead for hundreds of years.

Dead men tell no tales, but history is still written by those who at a minimum, know how to write.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join