It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Earthquake of Irony is Approaching

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Tectonic Strain Theory (TST) is gaining traction. It states that most UFO phenomena (not due to frank misobservation) are natural events, generated by stresses and strains within the earth's crust. Of course, there are strengths and weaknesses of this theory. I believe that it will get stronger over time. There have been things here and there that have buffed the theory. For example,

Earthquake Discovery Boosts Persinger’s Tectonic Strain Theory of UFOs and the Paranormal

Strange lights in sky aren't UFOs; they're 'earthquake lights,' scientists reveal

And that's not all. "Since 1979, approximately 25 technical articles have been published that support the validity of the TST as an explanation for most reports within UFO or ALP data bases from a number of different places."

So, it looks like a showdown might be coming between TST and ET.

Suppose there is a showdown, and TST wins. ET is run out of town. Would that mean the skeptics win?

NOPE.

Suppose on the other hand that ET wins. Would ufology win?

NOPE.

The champion of TST is Michael Persinger, a cognitive neuroscience researcher and university professor with over 200 peer-reviewed publications. If TST wins and ET loses, skeptics will have him to thank for their gloating rights. That is, until, they are forced to realize that their champion has also shown telepathy to be real. You might not realize it now, but his validation of parapsychology will someday pull the rug out from under skeptics and rejuvenate not only parapsychology but ufology as well. The irony will be delicious.

The age of ET is gone. Times are changing so fast these days, that a mythology can hardly develop and keep up. These aren't your grandpa's little green men from Mars anymore. It's time for them to take a new costume for a new age, as they have done time and time again. An age in which we begin to reach our psychic potential thanks to a rejuvenated ufology and parapsychology.

edit on 9-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I merely wondered if we once lived at that peek but have simply gone backwards due to various catastrophe's and bullying religious ideals that don't permit people to think for themselves or try to use abilities that once were credited to the Gods or God alone. S&F for you - great post.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
delicious irony,
indeed!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We still need an explanation for low -flying craft of unknown origin,and orbs not associated with earthquakes.

It also does not explain the apparent 'intelligence' of the way orbs move, to my satisfaction, have been witness to both-nowhere near any known fault lines.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

nugget1
We still need an explanation for low -flying craft of unknown origin,and orbs not associated with earthquakes.

It also does not explain the apparent 'intelligence' of the way orbs move, to my satisfaction, have been witness to both-nowhere near any known fault lines.

All of that will become clear as parapsychology becomes rejuvenated. We will begin to see just how unconsciously we have been using our innate paranormal abilities. We will see how bizarre reality really is and the astonishing degree to which we co-author it. We will begin to see just how malleable and collective our innermost identity is, and begin to wake up and take responsibility for our projections/creations.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As a skeptic, I've always thought the tectonic stress theory was weak, at best.

This recent interest in the theory isn't going to "solve" or "explain" anything. As far as I know, it hasn't been proven to explain one single sighting. And it certainly isn't much help with photographs that appear to show solid objects, or with detailed accounts of abductions or other experiences beyond CE-I.

So anyone who brushes their palms together with a hearty "well, that solves that mystery" was already predisposed to it in the first place, and ufology will softly settle back into its current doldrums.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not so fast. There could be an inter dimensional gateway that forms from the increased energy emitted before the earthquake. It allows the alien ships to come through or be seen.

I can't let them try to disprove flying saucers exist with an explanation like that, it wouldn't be appropriate.

I've never even seen a UFO but I just can't believe that all UFO sightings are caused by this..

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do you mean sundogs, or something like an aurora borealis for the possible lights in the sky for early earthquake signs?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

rickymouse
Not so fast. There could be an inter dimensional gateway that forms from the increased energy emitted before the earthquake. It allows the alien ships to come through or be seen.

I can't let them try to disprove flying saucers exist with an explanation like that, it wouldn't be appropriate.

I've never even seen a UFO but I just can't believe that all UFO sightings are caused by this..

Well, not by that alone. Earthquake lights are one of any number of things that we target for mythological projection. What happens when a psychic species projects onto things like that? They project parts of themselves onto those things where they take mythological form. Parts of their psyche, their "soul". Including the parts that can see the future, that can manipulate matter and energy (PK), that can reach the stars.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Blue Shift
And it certainly isn't much help with photographs that appear to show solid objects, or with detailed accounts of abductions or other experiences beyond CE-I.

Obviously, you think it would be an impossible thing for the unconscious mind to use our own mind-over-matter (PK) ability to manipulate photographic film or a radar display in order to show us what we need to see, with us being none the wiser. As parapsychology becomes rejuvenated you'll think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yeah, we could go on and on creating possibilities. Maybe the government is projecting thoughts into people's heads with a satellite so they think they are seeing an alien craft. Hollywood is probably involved in this conspiracy too.

That emotican has to go, it sort of looks like a tit.
edit on 9-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

rickymouse

Yeah, we could go on and on creating possibilities. Maybe the government is projecting thoughts into people's heads with a satellite so they think they are seeing an alien craft. Hollywood is probably involved in this conspiracy too.

What is going on here is just what's been going on for ages, long before technology. We project archetypes in mythological form until culture outgrows those forms. Then we withdraw the projections and do it again with new forms. What's complicating the process is how rapidly things are changing these days.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Earthquakes are all fine and good but explain to me how an earth quake can cause a metallic disk like object in the sky?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

dashen
Earthquakes are all fine and good but explain to me how an earth quake can cause a metallic disk like object in the sky?

Easy. PK.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah, the new vampires suck compared to the original Dracula. The flying saucers are starting to look more like aircraft that we know the government has. Life is getting more humdrum.

What fun will it be if there were no alien sightings. Nothing to debunk or try to explain. No hope of ever meeting an alien or seeing an ET spaceship

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

BlueMule

dashen

Easy. PK.

the PK answer is neither easy nor the complete answer
if that's the case then I am also a manifestation of PK and so are you and no further investigation is necessary because we're just going to say that .
it's also like people answering any scientific question" because God said so"

edit on 9-1-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

rickymouse

Yeah, the new vampires suck compared to the original Dracula. The flying saucers are starting to look more like aircraft that we know the government has. Life is getting more humdrum.

What fun will it be if there were no alien sightings. Nothing to debunk or try to explain. No hope of ever meeting an alien or seeing an ET spaceship

Rather than projecting the parts of ourselves that can reach the stars, we will integrate them and reach the stars ourselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yeah, I read this yesterday. There is a difference between these "Earthquake Lights" and a UFO though. Earthquake lights are not seen by pilots at 40,000 feet in the air and seen on radar. etc...So no there is no "showdown". Two different phenomena entirely.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

dashen

BlueMule

dashen

Easy. PK.

the PK answer is neither easy nor the complete answer
if that's the case then I am also a manifestation of PK and so are you and no further investigation is necessary because we're just going to say that .
it's also like people answering any scientific question" because God said so"

edit on 9-1-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

I realize my views are unpopular with, well, everyone who thinks ET has something to do with UFOs. That's pretty much the entire UFO community. They are also unpopular with skeptics of psi. That includes many or most people who would self-identify as a skeptic of ET.

But the thing is, most people in those camps aren't as familiar with parapsychology as I am. And most people from those camps haven't had the "UFO contactee" and psychic experiences I've had. My views and my background are in the minority.

But I'm confident that as more and more people become acquainted with parapsychology that will change.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

BlueMule

Blue Shift
And it certainly isn't much help with photographs that appear to show solid objects, or with detailed accounts of abductions or other experiences beyond CE-I.

Obviously, you think it would be an impossible thing for the unconscious mind to use our own mind-over-matter (PK) ability to manipulate photographic film or a radar display in order to show us what we need to see, with us being none the wiser. As parapsychology becomes rejuvenated you'll think otherwise.

Most of the "psychic photos" I've seen generated are even less convincing than the Tectonic Strain Theory.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join