It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else getting "stalked" by usa.gov?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OK tinfoil hatters, something I've noticed the past couple of days. There's been a weird icon appearing on the pull down menu on my laptop when I'm surfing the Web. It appears to be the notification for the RSS feed for the government's "information" website. What's weird is that it's the first and only RSS notification that I've ever seen, and it appears to have embedded itself in my computer. Every few minutes, regardless of the site I'm on, it shows up, beckoning me to click on it and get news and updates from usa.gov. I shut off the notifications, but the fact that it apparently loaded several files into my computer without my permission is a little disturbing. Yes, all of them appear to simply be notices inviting me to visit said site, but it's still quite unnerving. Any of you techies out there want to tell me that this is normal and I shouldn't worry?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
clear cookies ssshhhh its a secret

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Could you please provide a screen shot, so that we may see it too?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

elevatedone
Could you please provide a screen shot, so that we may see it too?

I've been trying to take one. Where do they "go" when you take them? Pardon my ignorance.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Indigent
clear cookies ssshhhh its a secret

Yeah, okay. I don't know how this cookie got attached. I've never been to that site. So that means that one of the conspiracy sites I visit allowed usa.gov to attach it? I don't understand how those work.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Open a word document and right click to paste.

Then save and upload to ATS.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

paint is simpler than word

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Correct. Apologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If they are stalking me, it means I may be doing something right. Maybe they will find something that will help them from my posts and adjust their perception. If they ignore me I will feel

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Got the capture. How do I upload that? Man, I'm ignorant.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

Thanks. It's taking a long time. Sorry to be lazy & not find the info on how to upload myself, but I have company and have to go off line soon. Will try to post it today.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I think this is it. The RSS pop-up is at the top. It "followed" me from ATS to Cracked.com

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I was under the impression we " all " are being watched if we use a phone, computer or watch TV.

Did I miss something ?
edit on 7-1-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well if they are "stalking" you then the government must be in trouble because its not the most subtle method I have seen.

Seriously though there are plenty of things this could be. Clean your PC etc

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've had a recent run in with www.gov.com and its way more than just a cookie, but rather, being contactedby, communicating and completing a purchase from my small business (a business to business sale, simply).

Should I be considered, has big bro got especialy me on some sort of watch list?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Have you scanned for viruses and/or malware?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Well, that was my thought. Maybe they want us to know we're being watched-scares some people into behaving. Or they want to test our reactions. At least I have demonstrated such ineptitude in this thread that the Gov't can realize that I'm a danger only to myself.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Snsoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

One, clear the cookies and cache, etc. I have my browser set to only accept third party cookies from sites I visit. For example, a comment service that several sites use, but all the various annoying ad cookies, I don't get. I also clear after every browsing session, and clear some individually as I go. In this case, you might have gotten something shady installed, too. Check your programs list from the control panel, and see if you see some new toolbar or something, that you didn't knowingly install. Some of these come along with updates for things we use, like Java or Adobe flash, and if you don't use the custom install and uncheck them, you have them. Hopefully, you can locate and remove the culprit. The date installed should be on the list, too, so if this is a recent issue, that can help narrow things down.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join