It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like lets say you found yourself in a NK work camp, what would you do? Would you try and escape?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Lets say you found yourself in a North Korean work camp, what would you do? Would you try and escape? What if you're family was also in the work camp would you try and escape anyway even if you had to leave them behind? How would you escape? Where would you go from there?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can you please explain the context of the first word 'like' of the thread title for me please. I'm confused by it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If it was just myself, then I would definitely try to escape. I would device a whole plan and if I was to be caught then they would kill me. If not, then I'd "call it quits". It's a shame to see how that country functions in the way how they treat their own people.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I would sell out a few of my fellow prisoners to gain trust then I would use that trust to not only free my self but as many other prisoners as I could, the details of this master plan would have to be adaptation to the moment and the circumstances that surround you. But what I do know trying to run by yourself is almost certain death, one must have connections on both sides to make any kind of real attempt at escaping. Mind you if I was to sacrifice my fellow prisoners I would make sure at least that many prisoners made it free(hopefully more!) or it would pointless. Also if I was to break free, I would spend the rest of my life trying to free the rest I left behind.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So my options are a North Korean work camp or a United States owned corporation? (big difference.)

Can I get back to you on this? Let me sleep on it.

edit on 6-1-2014 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't go anywhere near that God forsaken hell hole.

The end!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Escape or nothing... what kind of life is had in a labor camp? Not one worth living.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

I have heard the word 'like' be used to start a sentance, but never have I seen it written before now.

Like Yea, I try to escape like

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Like...ya know...Your post...It's like totally awesome bra...

Escape? Hells YAH!

Sorry but even NK Deserves better.

Peace

edit on 6-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
His chances where higher of escape because he was born there, being in a situation like his is not like tv. If you were caught in NK, after arduous torture and interrogation, being starved, made to drink disease infested water, you would be lucky to survive a few months. Before thinking about escape you would have to learn the ins and outs of your location, possibly have to ad hoc learn korean so you can determine what "land mine" says in NK. If you survive this long it will have been at the least a year maybe a little less, those first few weeks are the worst as you are still fresh and a new toy to torture and interrogate. Better hope you don't get your leg broken either I don't think the red cross is going to come in and fix it proper for you, try to hobble out of there with that? Escape is futile you better hope you get lucky in the first moments of capture because after that survival might not be what you hope for next. This guy in the OP was born in camp 14 because his parents were political prisoners, it took him a life time to get out and is the only known one apparently. If you are not from NK and you end up there, you will be tortured beaten and executed in rapid succession, there are no diplomatic ties and no one is going to risk a war to save you, either that or you become a bargaining chip to help make Un richer and fatter. Chances are you die, you don't just stroll out of there, check out SERE school sometime, good times!
edit on 6-1-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I would work as I am supposed to and make a plan to get out.....to me thats obvious.

I am sad to see you keep crapping in my favorite forum....if you have survival skills than give us what you have or post in general chit chat as this teaches me NOTHING and to me seems pointless making a thread like this in this forum.
Offer up ways to get out...don't ask me if i would try to get out....thats very obvious already I would assume.

Do you like....understand??

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
How to get out.

1.Try to hoard some calories.
2.Look for the weakest exit point and plan around that.
3.Try to hoard a tool of some sort.
4.Try to keep the guards guard down if possible for the time of exit.
5.Try to get calories for the escape.
6.Look as passive and pathetic as possible and never let them know you are strong.
edit on 6-1-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

1 cannot answer this question as to not put in jeopardy any innocent lives that may be locked in the suppression camps which may be holding the NK people back from shining with more integrated LIGHTS which may be locked away for not following the current EA*RTH based land mass leaderships agenda in that region...

1 wishes all innocent in the EYES of FATHER within such camps of suppression of EA*RTH hope that 1 day things WILL get BRIGHTER, for many want to live and support their families like those who can.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I laughed at your post pretty damn hard. Thanks, chap. You've really riled me up in a jolly ol' manner.

Seriously? It all depends on how one got in the situation in the first place. Because I don't have that information, I can't answer. Am I a Kryptonian who fell from space into N.Korea fully grown and not adjusted to yellow sunlight? Am I a time traveler who's lost and sporting an American flag hologram across his clothing? Am I a secret agent sent to spy on them? I don't have enough information.

I do have a question for you though.

What would you do if I told you that making another "What would you do?" thread would result in your immediate ban from this site?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

sayzaar
Can you please explain the context of the first word 'like' of the thread title for me please. I'm confused by it. Thanks.

Like, I happen to like the word like okay, don't you like like like I do?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

justreleased

So my options are a North Korean work camp or a United States owned corporation? (big difference.)

Can I get back to you on this? Let me sleep on it.

edit on 6-1-2014 by justreleased because: (no reason given)

what's the difference between being sent to a NK work camp, or compared to north american where you're brainwashed at an early age, then being told you need go to college to learn something to end up working your whole life for a big corporation? I suppose at least if you do it by choice you have some potential to get out, but it's likely just a difficult as trying to escape the work camp. It's very difficult. most people never get out of the rat race. They're all dead broke or dead by age 65.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

I would work as I am supposed to and make a plan to get out.....to me thats obvious.

I am sad to see you keep crapping in my favorite forum....if you have survival skills than give us what you have or post in general chit chat as this teaches me NOTHING and to me seems pointless making a thread like this in this forum.
Offer up ways to get out...don't ask me if i would try to get out....thats very obvious already I would assume.

Do you like....understand??

###SNIPPED### Because people in survival do training all the time. That includes using your mind to run "what if" scenarios .
edit on 6-1-2014 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Jan 6 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Ophiuchus 13

1 cannot answer this question as to not put in jeopardy any innocent lives that may be locked in the suppression camps which may be holding the NK people back from shining with more integrated LIGHTS which may be locked away for not following the current EA*RTH based land mass leaderships agenda in that region...

1 wishes all innocent in the EYES of FATHER within such camps of suppression of EA*RTH hope that 1 day things WILL get BRIGHTER, for many want to live and support their families like those who can.

NAMASTE*******

huh

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't escape, no no. I would use the opportunity to recruit the other prisoners and incite them to riot, over running the camp and claiming all its weapons as my own. We would then use uniforms, vehicles, weapons and any other equipment to raid nearby work camps and free those prisoners.

Now this could only be done once or twice before you start to draw too much attention, but just as that attention is starting to turn your way then I would lead my rag tag band of rebels against an army base in a daring "Trojan Horse" style raid.

This would also be about the time that I began sending messages to South Korea, the US, anyone who might listen and let them know there are people on the ground fighting for their freedom. More then that though i would contact the press, the internet community and other outside aid organizations to further fuel the rebellion.

Food would be the key, a wonderful bargaining chip for all those starving Koreans who want more then lil Kim is letting them have. We hit the capital, but avoid the palace and close in like starving wolves. We behead all leaders of state and military that we capture, and we do it publically, # mercy and human rights for now. We can worry about that # when we are free.

Finally I would convince Dennis Rodman to assassinate lil Kim and become a god like hero to the people of North Korea. Maybe throw him a few girls, name a town or something after him ya know, play into the ego and use it to help cement my leadership.

After the rebellion its time to focus on agriculture, fishing and humanitarian aid. We need schools, hospitals and factories. After that I sell out to China, step down from power and live rich and fat on the beaches somewhere with a couple of cute, young korean girls working their way through college.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

TheOneElectric
I laughed at your post pretty damn hard. Thanks, chap. You've really riled me up in a jolly ol' manner.

Seriously? It all depends on how one got in the situation in the first place. Because I don't have that information, I can't answer. Am I a Kryptonian who fell from space into N.Korea fully grown and not adjusted to yellow sunlight? Am I a time traveler who's lost and sporting an American flag hologram across his clothing? Am I a secret agent sent to spy on them? I don't have enough information.

I do have a question for you though.

What would you do if I told you that making another "What would you do?" thread would result in your immediate ban from this site?

what's wrong with "what if" threads? There's nothing wrong with them at all! They're like thought experiments. You try and figure out what you'd do to survive. That's why I put them in here. That's a bad thing? Please explain, what's so bad about it? This is a forum about theorizing come on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join