It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enfield Poltergeist w/Dr. Ciaran O'keefe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Found this live streaming show with a discussion on the Enfield Poltergeist that I thought I should share with you guys. Rumors are the Conjuring 2 will be based on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why would The Conjuring Two be based on this Enfield case? They were two completely seperate stories in two different countries.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Night Star
Why would The Conjuring Two be based on this Enfield case? They were two completely seperate stories in two different countries.
edit on 5-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

Because the same couple, the Warrens, investigated the Enfield case.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yes but I don't understand why they would base a story from England to a story here in Rhode Island in the US. when they are two seperate stories. The story isn't about the demonologist who played a part. Since The Conjuring is one story, Conjuring Two should just be a continuation of that same story.

Both stories are fascinating in their own right.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I get your point, but since the couple investigated so many famous cases it only makes sense to take advantage of the possibilities.

Hope it's as good as the first. I personally would like to see a movie about that haunted doll, Annabel.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I get your point about naming continuity, but I think the decision was pretty simple for them. The Conjuring did well, and has name association with it. Naming it The Conjuring 2 gives it immediate marketing value.

Either way I'm excited for it, the Enfield poltergeist is a fascinating case, easily translatable to scary movie. I just hope they continue to show the methodology applied by the Warrens like they did in Conjuring.

new topics

top topics

join