It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

william s burroughs and the paranormal i found while tube surfing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
it's a lecture of his. although i do not agree entirely with him i do however agree that great minds can think alike at least to some extent. has this been posted before on this site? give me some input. put all skeptisism in the form of a joke or pun so i can disagree in a language i understand

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Thanks for highlighting this.

Big admirer of Burroughs, but can't access loads of videos where I am.

Any chance of a summary and how it's influenced your thinking?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I would like a summary also.

I won't waste an hour and a half of my life watching a video just to see if I may/may not find it interesting.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Watching now....apears to be a lecture with two refrence books for back up....will drop back with better summary if OP dont beat me......peace out .....s

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well the lecture begins quite slowly but soon gets interesting when Burroughs begins to get intothe gist of it.....
The first part...(and thats as far as i am ) deals with information derived from paranormal sources such as EVP....
The technique of recording factory fresh tapes and then playing them back to discern voices that have no way of being input thaT WE KNOW OF.....
The second instance s in cutting up written sheets of paper and reassembling them willy nilly to reveal entirely different and sometimes startling messages.....
I am finding it very dry but quite interesting.....

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

yeah i posted last night while in the middle of watching
one thing that caught my attention is how he spoke of automatic writing and it's relationship with the momentum one gets while writing very fast. my mind right now is moving faster than my ability to type right now grrr.

new topics

top topics

join