It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 'Gutter Oil' and Contaminated Food - Already Here in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I don't mind them coming here so much as I mind their lack of effort in joining OUR culture. I am personally sick of the lack of credit Canada gets for having it's own culture. Allowing Immigrants to pool together in the same riding is causing bills and laws to be introduced that appease specific ethnic groups that are dominate in those ridings. It is a huge loop hole and Canada is quickly losing its image and is now basically a cheap whore that any immigrant with a few bucks for a plane ticket can come and take advantage of. I thought they were supposed to spend 2 years in lower populated areas before being able to choose their own location.

Now we have a climate like in Richmond where that twat Alice Wong set up shop, that appeases ONLY to Chinese to the point where the cities have to force (after years of petitioning) stores to put english writing on their sign. They don't even what the people that let them into their country shopping in their stores.

The Indians have their own economy. They only hire their own, they only shop at their own, so what ever money they earn here does not go back in to circulation, instead it goes back to India.

We are being robbed blind and the government traded their vote for the ability to do so.

By all means come here, but for crying out loud, act right!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

they are LOYA to their OWN dude..

that is the problem in a nutshell.

They can discriminate against us once here. You think the Indian-China thing is bad there?

come to Southern California.. it is Mexico in EVERY WAY now.. and the signs on stores are not even in English!

When the immigrants get a foothold in ANY career/industry, you are screwed it you are NOT like THEM. They will discriminate against you until you either quit, or they SABOTAGE you so that a member of THEIR ethinicity can have the slot.

Immigrants of TODAY are VASTLY different from the ones that came 100 years ago.. the cultures of the immigrants back then were Superior to the ones today.

100 years ago the immigrants were SCREENED< TESTED< etc.. and more were refused entry than allowed in..

AND THEY WERE FROM CIVILIZED nations!! Ireland, Sweden, France, Germany, Switzerland, etc...

IMMIGRANTS are NOT all the same..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

rickymouse
Interesting. I know we import a lot from China. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how come the garlic in the local grocery store comes from China. Can't we grow our own garlic?

Well I think its either China or Monsanto you choose?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

0bserver1

rickymouse
Interesting. I know we import a lot from China. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how come the garlic in the local grocery store comes from China. Can't we grow our own garlic?

Well I think its either China or Monsanto you choose?

How about neither as an option?

We make decisions everyday what we choose to ingest. By going local, you can avoid China or Monsanto.

The choice is yours. Just have to know how to shop with knowledge. So do this before you give others a choice you fail to make on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Just metaphorically spoken, many of us don't have that choice because real biological food is expensive and the junk food we buy at our local groceries are cheap to manufacture and to buy .. But I hope we one day can ban all that unhealthy foods.. Ive read that Monsanto has labeled their product biological and healthy that really $uck$

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
My comment is aimed at ATS'ers here in the states, but it applies to most every one no matter where.
Buy local, buy local , buy local, or at least suport the farmers and ranchers in your region.
I have lived in the most agriculturaly productive region in the world all of my life, and have worked in the food processing industry for the last twent years.
My grandfather was first a farmworker then a farm owner, my father was born in a farm labor camp and picked strawberries and asparagus as a teen. I picked grapes and pruned fruit trees as a summer job in high school . My ex's family has farmed the area since comming from Switzerland in 1880's, they've worked the same land since the depression. It's hard and unforgiving work, that increasingly is unappreciated by many people.
It saddens me when I read posts and threads on thus site railing against those who keep them fed and clothed.
Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the quality of garlic from china was not up to par, DUH. This area used to be the #1 garlic producing region in the world, then when China flooded the market in the late '90's, it put lots of local business out of business. Well people it's your fault, because you bought that terrible Chinese garlic for a few cents less, than the fresh domestic product. When I go to the market if it's not locally grown garlic I won't buy it and will use a dehydrated product, which I know is a local product.
By the way the chinese purchase of Smithfield, which am am against , actually works in our favor as China is going to import pork products because they can't keep up with demand internally.
China has , in one generation turned into the most polluted nation on earth, buy no food products of Chinese origin. You people who think the western governments are corrupt, you have no idea what corrupt is. In China all it takes if few yuan in the hands of a inconsequential bureaucrat, and the next thing you know powdered milk is being cut with plastic and dumplings are being made with recycled battery boxes.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

our lame assed govenment doesnt want upset their benefactors

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

spot on..we must live in the same neigborhood

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

punkinworks10
Hello everyone,
My comment is aimed at ATS'ers here in the states, but it applies to most every one no matter where.
Buy local, buy local , buy local, or at least suport the farmers and ranchers in your region.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for broadcasting this important message!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Take your pointer fingers, press down on the outer corner of your eye and then read aloud with a terrible lisp:

'No worry, Americhun. In Shina we gib all goob foobs to dwear weaders. We eas tewibble canca foobs. We be sure to expot all odder weally, weally goob foobs to Americhun fwends.'

edit on 31-12-2013 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
other current events, he,he

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
you have no proof that it was bad, tainted,other things added or anything else but word of mouth. Some people go around the country taste testing foods. They all have different tastes. Some u like some u don't.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
US companies import and package food here, so they don't have to tell you it's origin.
Remember the cement and plastic in dog and cat food brands a few years ago? Lost my cat over that one.
Just last year dog 'jerky' treats and another major dog food brand was found to be causing illness and death.
I read that less that 2% of the food imported from China is tested, and with all of the re-labeling going on, it makes it hard to know what you're buying.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Do you folks really believe every propaganda news which comes out of the msm ? This is most probably isolated incidents which is being blown out of proportion and the media and payed journalists generalizing the entire industry from a country.... I mean ...just because there are no chemicals and GMO and steroid filled meat in the U.S.......oh wait.....

India and China seems to be the new targets for western media these days...
edit on 2-1-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is no mention of gutter oil being sold in the US in that video. Gutter oil is usually sold to small restaurants and street vendors in China, its not being sold to major manufactures to be exported.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Connman

Edited to add the Garlic here is packaged in Orlando and a product of the USA. As if that really means anything.
edit on 12/31/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

Well you got that right. I work at an electronics plant on mainland Europe producing Telecom stuff used by providers worldwide. I repair units that fail in the field. Once in a while I get an unit back that has a sticker on it that says "Made in the USA". Well, the sticker might be, but even hat is doubtful.

It means squat.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wow. Either my sarcasm detector is broken, or some posts i just read were rather racist. I would suspect the majority of Chinese people living in China are decent honorable folks just like us who are getting boned by their government WAY worse than we are. And that's saying something.

Anyhoo ... i just watched an interesting documentary on Netflix called "Death by China." It's very enlightening. One thing that they said which i thought was rather important : "If you plan to put it in your mouth, feed it to your pets, or put it in a child's hand ... make DAMN sure it doesn't come from China."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join