It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese 'Gutter Oil' and Contaminated Food - Already Here in the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is a revealing and hard to watch documentary about Chinese food production; beware that some parts may be difficult to watch and hear. A lot of this contaminated food is being exported and there are apparently little safeguards:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Interesting video. I personally don't eat Chinese food at restaurants. Moreover, I try not to buy Chinese products including groceries.

For example, at the Canadian Superstore, they sell a bunch of produce from China. The 'Product of China' (I call this a brand now) food is disgusting. It tastes artificial and bland. Almost no nutrition from it at all.

I enjoy the tastes of our homeland grown foods. Sure they may not be as organic as I want them to be (although I find myself shopping more for organic these days), but let me tell you I feel safer and healthier eating 'Product of North America' food than the latter brand.

Eat safe everyone.

S&F

Edit note: I occasionally see Chinese running around Vancouver, BC streets wearing those surgeon masks. I kind of find it weird that they would have to wear them considering it is more assumable China has the higher pollution?

edit on 31-12-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting. I know we import a lot from China. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how come the garlic in the local grocery store comes from China. Can't we grow our own garlic? I see a lot of fish in the stores from China, and I doubt if we actually are told of all the fish products origin. We assume that the fish in a restaurant or in our fishsticks comes from somewhere else. We tend to mislead ourselves more than others mislead us.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is just as eye-opening as it is outrageous! A true travesty in the food supply. It reminds me the first time I met one of my good friends from Dalian, China. He had noticeable blistering and peeling on his face, and when I asked him about it he said it, very nonchalantly, was mercury poisoning from eating fish. He went on to explain that such poisoning was the natural result of eating seafood- much like eating garlic causes harmless bad breath. Mercury poisoning! I've never gotten over that.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

rickymouse
Interesting. I know we import a lot from China. I can't in my wildest imagination figure out how come the garlic in the local grocery store comes from China. Can't we grow our own garlic? I see a lot of fish in the stores from China, and I doubt if we actually are told of all the fish products origin. We assume that the fish in a restaurant or in our fishsticks comes from somewhere else. We tend to mislead ourselves more than others mislead us.

The garlic of China, which I tried once, was perfect in shape and all but tasted like watered down garlic with a hint of plastic. When I decided to buy local and pay a little bit higher of a price, let me tell you how potent the garlic was! It was awesome and boy were my sinuses and something else cleaned out! LOL

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Also, I think re-using the oil (gutter oil) in China is a great idea...as long as it stays in China. The problem with the gutter oil is due to all the carcinogens that come with it.

If the Chinese government came up with a solution of how to purify the used oil and then resell it to small businesses at a discounted price vs having the small merchants conducting this malicious practice.

But hey, like one guy in the report said, Chinese are used to swindling each other. So why change the culture right?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

I occasionally see Chinese running around Vancouver, BC streets wearing those surgeon masks. I kind of find it weird that they would have to wear them considering it is more assumable China has the higher pollution?

Perhaps they have a DISEASE? Tuberculosis maybe?

Yeah, I know, hard to believe that someone with a disease would move to somewhere they can get better treatment, all the while damning the people that belong there..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

HanzHenry

Skywatcher2011

I occasionally see Chinese running around Vancouver, BC streets wearing those surgeon masks. I kind of find it weird that they would have to wear them considering it is more assumable China has the higher pollution?

Perhaps they have a DISEASE? Tuberculosis maybe?

Yeah, I know, hard to believe that someone with a disease would move to somewhere they can get better treatment, all the while damning the people that belong there..

You might as well throw in the demographic of vacation travelers that go to Las Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? Not always....sometimes you bring back a little virus with you if you are not careful there

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Didn't the FDA just approve China to ship pork and chicken products processed in China back to the United States?

I am sure they did, but just too damn lazy to look it up and post it.

Whoops, I already did!

Between poisoning our food and medicine in this country, I just can't see how anyone can argue that TPTB aren't doing nothing more than slow killing us......

They get to eat the good stuff and we get poisoned!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Considering we were once the bread basket of the world, you have to question why our government is importing food from other countries which have always been farmed and produced right here in the United States. You don't see us importing military hardware from China, but it's OK to poison it's own citizens with unsafe food from China.

Our representatives should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen. Not only are they putting farmers out of work in the United States and (factory workers), they're allowing unsafe and poisonous food to enter into this country. The bumper stickers I see occasionally on cars that state "No Farmers no Food" is the writing on the wall.

I'm waiting for the day that people in America wake-up, stop the political bickering and taking political sides, organize and march on the Capital to protest the policies our representatives vote into law. I will personally make the trip to be apart of it. Both parties are guilty of trampling on our rights, and neither one has our interest at heart. We need to do it not only for us, but for our children and our children's children.

You have to ask yourself, what the hell is happening to this country.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I tried to chase down a car once that I spotted collecting alley cats in Vancouver B.C. Lucky for us both he got away. He knew I saw what he did and pinned it.

I don't think he planned to sell them as pets and let that be a warning to anyone on here from Vancouver. Do not eat in Chinese restaurants here. There is not depth they will not stoop to save a buck. They will feed you your own cat for $4.75.

Indians here are no better. I know a food inspector in Surrey B.C that has had it with the culture of not giving a damn about food safety. Now, when she makes an inspection she brings a bottle of bleach with her. if she finds an infraction and makes them throw the food out (happens so often) she will then pour bleach into the garbage can over the food because if she doesn't, the moment she leaves they will pick the food out of the garbage and put it back out to serve.

I am not making any of this up and in fact I could type for hours with all the stories I have about degenerate food practice here.

There is no such thing as integrity in China and India. Guess how many homes in GVRD do not have insulation in them becuase it was discovered that nobody comes to check after inspection of the insulation whether it actually STAYED in the walls before the drywall was applied. They just pull it out and drag it to the next house. Off topic but another example of gross negligence causing damage to other peoples lives just to save a few dollars.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Just goes to show that the FDA is a waste of money when they are so strong against electric cigarettes but let this their main purpose protecting our food go right on by. Sick pricks.
Our country is capable of growing our own food and we don't need it from China or Mexico. Sad what the government is doing which seems to be nothing for it's citizens these days.

And as far as China's government. Seems it's where we here in the US are heading and that is very, very sad. With things like this going on is it why we are being forced to have healthcare.

No thanks China and the failure called the FDA. May you rot in hell and soon.
I'll be eating no more Chinese food thanks to this. And I need to see where that Jumbo Garlic comes from at Wall-Mart Probably China.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Seeing how bad the government is corrupt with not setting strict policies for food practice makes me wonder why the Canadian government hasn't banned shark fin soup in BC considering Green Peace has been actively involved in stopping this damn practice by the Chinese [in the oceans] and activists/protesters in front of restaurants.

Shark Fin Soup Protest At Sun Sui Wah Stepped Up With Posters
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

Efforts to ban shark fin soup at government levels in Canada have proven unsuccessful.

The federal government voted against NDP MP Fin Donnelly's private member's bill to ban the importing of shark fins to Canada last March.

Vancouver Coun. Kerry Jang campaigned for a shark fin ban in the city last year, but those efforts were put on the backburner after the Ontario Supreme Court ruled against a similar prohibition in Toronto...

So you have to wonder who is getting paid or threatened under the table.

Sad world of politics we live in these days...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Yes totally agree. As FatherStacks above mentioned the guy having mercury from eating seafood. Sharks I heard retain the mercury and you really shouldn't eat them due to it being so high more then once a year.
Why even once a year then?

Edited to add the Garlic here is packaged in Orlando and a product of the USA. As if that really means anything.
edit on 12/31/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nothing like a dead diseased pig processed at an illegal slaughter house, cooked with gutter oil, to get one's mouth watering for more....

I really think China will be the first country to make Soylent Green a reality.

edit on 31-12-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

You speak the truth. I live in eastern Pennsylvania and the restaurant inspection results are available to the public when there are infractions.
I read them and the Indian restaurants are by far the worst rule breakers. The Chinese restaurants run second.
Just reading the reports is enough to turn your stomach.
edit on 31-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

As a lover of Oriental food (Chinese and Japanese being my two top) I've been aware of this for quite a while. And this isn't the only problem with food coming from China. Has everyone forgotten the plastic rice? Link

The problem is the desire for quick money and the lack of care for others health. Mix that in with a corrupt government and poorly implemented food inspections and guidelines and you're just begging for disaster.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You sound racist.. lol

Actually, those are the MAIN types of reasons I am ANTI-IMMIGRANT..

different cultures... TOO DIFFERENT for me.

Let them stay THERE and we STAY HERE..

If only 10% of the immigrants came to North America it would STILL BE TOO MANY..

I don't want to live near them.. at ALL... and don't care if they suffer and starve.. they did it to themselves, are we to allow them to import their THIRD WORLD mumbo jumbo to OUR HOMES?

No Immigrating for 100 years.. THEN we have the time to clean up the TRASH the invaders brought, and will FORCE the FREELOADING IMMIGRANTS to fix their OWN country instead of SPONGING and CONTAMINATING what OUR people built.. the FIRST WORLD..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

butcherguy

You speak the truth. I live in eastern Pennsylvania and the restaurant inspection results are available to the public when there are infractions.
I read them and the Indian restaurants are by far the worst rule breakers. The Chinese restaurants run second.
Just reading the reports is enough to turn your stomach.
edit on 31-12-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Indian? the smells eww, worked with an Indian guy once, he invited me to his home for dinner one evening with his family. Luckily I had a bottle of cologne in my car and hosed myself twice during my "smoke breaks"..

both of the food and the people who REFUSE to shower with soap and use deodorant..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

We were getting ready to ban shark fin here in the GVRD. A Richmond conservative MP Alice (stage name) Wong decided to weigh in, but not to us Canadians, instead to 20 Chinese media who she only invited to watch her sip some shark fin at a restaurant in Richmond.

Conservative Richmond MP Alice Wong appeared in front of Asian media only on Thursday to slurp some shark fin soup, in the midst of an effort by the City of Vancouver to engage the municipality in a regional shark fin ban. Ming Pao reporter Lawrence Li told Metro about 20 news outlets were in attendance as Wong gave a speech alongside Jade restaurant owner David Chung. English media did not catch wind of the story until Friday.

LINK

Why was a Canadian provincial MP worried about what Chinese media thought of our shark fin ban???? Why would she care if she worked for Canadians.

Unless she doesn't work for Canadians and in fact she is one of the ones that our CSIS director believes is spying for and reporting to China.

Members of Vancouver's Chinese community are angry about controversial comments made by the head of Canada's spy agency, but a former Asia expert for CSIS says the comments are true. Earlier this week, CSIS director Richard Fadden told CBC News some municipal officials and cabinet ministers from two unnamed provinces, are being influenced by foreign governments.

LINK

It matters not though, the current Harper regime seems to be content in letting China take everything from Canada including it's culture.

The public safety committee issued a harsh report Wednesday accusing Fadden of creating "a climate of suspicion" and "plant[ing] doubt about the integrity" of elected officials and Chinese-Canadians.

Toews should require Fadden to quit, according to the opposition, because he "seriously damaged the reputation of elected officials," and his conduct was "unbefitting" of a director of the country's intelligence agency. The government should implement the recommendations so that Canadians can have stronger confidence in their elected officials, the report concludes.

LINK

top topics

<<   2 >>

join